Sponsored

Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen it hinted at, but not stated explicitly in a "here's photographic evidence" sort of way: does the Mopar CAI intake boot work with the Mopar snorkel (which I believe mates up with the stock intake at the boot). I'm actually asking because I'm interested in the AEV snorkel that retains fold down windshield functionality, but I think the Mopar snorkel is more common.
The Mopar CAI leaves the stock intake intact. It changes the top half of the filter housing and the air transport tube. The hood vent, if installed, is intended to let the intake pull more cold air from the outside and less hot air through the grille.
Sponsored

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
i have it installed with out hood cutout, it gives you more flow compared to stock for sure, hood cutout would definitely add to it.

it comes with washable filter & i wish they had included the bottom bowl/box for that price. coz one of the plastic end just splited before i could even tighten before even getting to their recommended torque spec

hayasa

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
And I think the MOPAR tube it actually larger in diameter and has less resonance chambers, resulting in more efficient (but louder) intake function at high RPMs. Possibly marginally better MPGs and a nice intake noise are the end results, butI think it doesn't really net any difference in power since the computer compensates for the increased airflow. So a tune is probably a good match if you want to make any difference, as is the case with pretty much everything out there.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And I think the MOPAR tube it actually larger in diameter and has less resonance chambers, resulting in more efficient (but louder) intake function at high RPMs. Possibly marginally better MPGs and a nice intake noise are the end results, butI think it doesn't really net any difference in power since the computer compensates for the increased airflow. So a tune is probably a good match if you want to make any difference, as is the case with pretty much everything out there.
That is all correct. The tube is bigger, it looks better and makes a little more noise, but no measurable gains. I still like it, and don't regret purchasing it.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I think sometimes people get caught up and forget, a CAI is supposed to go along with other mods.

By itself, sure, negligible... what happens when combined with other mods?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think sometimes people get caught up and forget, a CAI is supposed to go along with other mods.

By itself, sure, negligible... what happens when combined with other mods?
To get any real gain would require a new exhaust that allows greater flow, but it is all still computer controlled based on the factory tune and input from all the sensors in the system.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
To get any real gain would require a new exhaust that allows greater flow, but it is all still computer controlled based on the factory tune and input from all the sensors in the system.
Those sound like other mods....

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
That is all correct. The tube is bigger, it looks better and makes a little more noise, but no measurable gains. I still like it, and don't regret purchasing it.
Did you cut the hood? I'm not wanting to cut the hood if I can avoid it.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Cutting is optional but doable - I did it!
This has probably been posted, but any issues with rain when you do the cut? I seem to remember it coming with a plug you had to put in?

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
This has probably been posted, but any issues with rain when you do the cut? I seem to remember it coming with a plug you had to put in?
There is a door you can close for that. I keep it open all the time. No issues, unless I know I am driving under heavy rain for more than 30 minutes. Light rain, no issues.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
If anyone wants to send me their cutout I'd be happy to pay shipping and an Amazon gift card.

With the template and flap so I don't go all mad max on my hood. :)

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I just ordered one. I also ordered some touch paint because i’m going to cut that hole! :) Exhaust I’m shopping around for now. :idea:
Sponsored