Sponsored

Anyone installed Rubi front fenders on Sport?

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jk unlimited 2020 jt
I swapped my Max Tow fenders for Rubicon fenders, it was a good upgrade for clearance. The Rubicon fenders had the LED DRLs and signals and it just took a program change to operate them.

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg
No, the Tazer programmer allows you to select this. I also have the LED Fog Lamps and last week added the LED Headlights, all programmed with the Tazer.
Ok. Thanks. I’m on the fence as to witch way to go. Don’t really need the taser for anything else. Do you still have the halogen ones for your max tow fenders
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
$700 is a lot of cash for a pair of front Rubicon fenders and then you probably need to replace the back ones too. Add to that a couple hundred for matching paint (if you are looking to do that).

I'd watch Ebay for take offs (JK ones sell for $100 a set of 4 sometimes) or the local junk yard where you can probably get for $50
$700 is the price of the set of 4 on quadratec
They can be had cheaper at BAM (and other whole sales sites) but shipping puts them right back around 700. If you have access to a commercial account at a dealer you can get the set for around $550

There is a set of textured black take offs on eBay for $400 shipped right now, have been up for months. But the guy won't answer messages and it's his first listing, no reviews.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Ok. Thanks. I’m on the fence as to witch way to go. Don’t really need the taser for anything else. Do you still have the halogen ones for your max tow fenders
I do have the halogen ones, I listed the set of Max Tow fenders (inners, outers and lights) on my local Craigslist for $200.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
IMO the Tazer is great but I'll be selling mine once my build is complete. This way I can make incremental updates to the truck but when it's all said and done, I'll just pay the dealership to program it all and leave the security gateway plugged in.

My point here is that if you are looking to make a single update like full LED conversion, it's not so worth it when I think you can get a dealership to program it for you for .5 or so. If you plan to do several things over a year or two, it's a pretty handy unit that will likely retain 2/3 of its value if you sell it at some point.

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership quoted 140. Gonna go with taser that why covered when do other upgrades.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Dealership quoted 140. Gonna go with taser that why covered when do other upgrades.
Not so applicable for you but you can get half that shopping around. I'm 99% certain it doesn't even require a dealership and any private shop with a factory scan tool should be able to do the flash.

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. I called all my local dealerships all where 140-150.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
$700 is the price of the set of 4 on quadratec
They can be had cheaper at BAM (and other whole sales sites) but shipping puts them right back around 700. If you have access to a commercial account at a dealer you can get the set for around $550

There is a set of textured black take offs on eBay for $400 shipped right now, have been up for months. But the guy won't answer messages and it's his first listing, no reviews.
Been there for months because they are over priced. As for his first listing, I just don't buy from anyone on Ebay with less than 10 actual sales with no negatives. I've only ever been screwed on Ebay by newbies

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Been there for months because they are over priced. As for his first listing, I just don't buy from anyone on Ebay with less than 10 actual sales with no negatives. I've only ever been screwed on Ebay by newbies
I don't think they are over priced, if a new set is in the $500-600+ range. But I absolutely agree about buying on eBay from sellers with no/low sales and feedback. I was just offering and example of what used ones are going for.
My point was you won't find them cheap like the JK flare the other post mentioned. At least not yet.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My point was you won't find them cheap like the JK flare the other post mentioned. At least not yet.
I think that's going to be the case until we get more options for aftermarket. There's a ton of JL options out there so with half the set R&D done, I can imagine they'll start showing up in time for SEMA with releases next spring.

Sponsored

JimThe4th

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
IMO the Tazer is great but I'll be selling mine once my build is complete. This way I can make incremental updates to the truck but when it's all said and done, I'll just pay the dealership to program it all and leave the security gateway plugged in.

My point here is that if you are looking to make a single update like full LED conversion, it's not so worth it when I think you can get a dealership to program it for you for .5 or so. If you plan to do several things over a year or two, it's a pretty handy unit that will likely retain 2/3 of its value if you sell it at some point.

I am thinking about going with this.
http://jscan.net/
I've heard good reviews and it is fairly cheap ($23 for a single jeep). You do have to provide your own OBD adapter and program bridge.

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with ecri. $140 so far so good. Used it for the led fender lights and tiers.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I am thinking about going with this.
http://jscan.net/
I've heard good reviews and it is fairly cheap ($23 for a single jeep). You do have to provide your own OBD adapter and program bridge.
I think the cost would probably be a wash by the time you're done. Either way I'd rather just pay the dealer to do it once and for all instead of bypassing a security module which is very much there for a reason.

Jtoby555

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I went ecri don’t have leave the bypass in.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
That’s why I went ecri don’t have leave the bypass in.
Do you have a JL/JT or just the JK in your profile? The JK doesn't have a security module and therefore doesn't require a bypass.
Sponsored