Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you research the different models to see the differences?
I did. Once the diesel was delayed beyond when I needed to get a new truck, my only options were the Rubicon and the Mojave. The latter had just came out and there were none near me to checkout in person. I might have gone with the Mojave had there been one with all the options I wanted, but coming from a coming from a rock crawling built JKUR on 37s, I was not quite ready to give up the front locker sight unseen.
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Is the Mopar lift the one that FCA offers for sale as the standalone package or was it factory installed? I installed the Bilestein 5100 shocks on my prior vehicle, a 2016 F150 and ran those for years without issue. There were people on the F150 forum that were jumping to Fox with mixed results in terms of longevity. I’m curious to know if that experience is universal across Fox’s products.
The Mopar lift is not factory installed and is the one offered through dealers as an accessory. The dealer can install the lift or buy the kit and have it installed somewhere else or install yourself.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Now the 392....that’s perfect for the Mojave.
Yes, yes, yes....oh please, oh please, oh please....jeezus, a thousand times PLEASE!!

getandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Traded 2020 Rubicon for 2021 Mohave. Obviously I was happy with the deal or wouldn't have done it.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
i had a pretty basic 2020 sport s, soft top, 6 spd manual, 3.73 gears. traded for a 2021 rubicon ecodiesel.

2 main reasons.....well 3 actually.

1. loved the original soft top until it stretched and flapped/vibrated almost constantly. fought with the dealer for almost 4 months to replace with an acceptable top......finally just gave up after a couple thousand mile trip of holding my hand on the top to stop it from vibrating.

2. the gas motor with 3.73 gears and 37" tires doesn't work. i effectively lost 5th and 6th gears. i was able to make it work with the manual trans. i didn't want to get into gear swaps and what not for warranty reasons. the diesel is hands down the best powered jeep i've owned/driven. it has no problem running 37" tires with stock 3.73 gears. i have just over 2k miles on it and have pulled a few different boats/trailers, been up and down some steep hills in southern iowa and all i can say is i'm seriouslyimpressed with everything it does. i do hope fuel mileage goes up as i'm currently getting right at 20 mpg's for normal daily driving. was hoping for mid 20's but might need to wait for tuners to iron that out. (side note - it'll never happen but a manual tranny with the diesel would be perfect).

3. price....... i wasn't specifically looking for an ecodiesel but ran across one in KC while searching the web. no offense if any iowa dealers are on here but i have had absolutely ZERO luck getting one to deal at all so i do all my searching/shopping on the web. i went down to MO for both, the 2020 at airport jeep (NW KC) and the 2021 at heartland jeep (NE KC/excelsior springs). both dealerships honored their advertised/discounted prices. i'm not going into the actual numbers but the trade allowance for my 2020 was more than i paid for it by quite a bit even with 15k miles.....oh, and the icing on the cake, i got to keep my lift/wheels/tires. i seriously doubt ill ever again run across deals like it got on BOTH of these.

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Traded my 2020 JL Rubicon eco-diesel for my 2021 JT Gladiator Rubicon with the eco-diesel.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Not a trade in but kind of similar. I just received my ordered 2021 JTR last Thursday (ordered 14 Oct 2020), my daughter now has my 2020 JTR. The new JT is almost a duplicate of my old JT except 4:1 Rock-Trac Full Time 4WD System and black instead of color matching hardtop. The Rubicon platform and 3.6L V6 with auto work well for me for the way I use the truck.

What has really worked out great so far is that nobody has realized I have a new Jeep.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Traded my 2020 3.6L StingGray Gladiator Rubicon for a 2021 3.0L EcoDiesel StingGray Gladiator Rubicon. Absolutely zero regrets, this thing has torque for days.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Traded my 2020 3.6L StingGray Gladiator Rubicon for a 2021 3.0L EcoDiesel StingGray Gladiator Rubicon. Absolutely zero regrets, this thing has torque for days.
Lose much?

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Ordered a 21 Rubicon. Trading in my 20 LE. No complaints at all on the LE. Just want a new one.

Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lose much?
I did lose some, but I traded in a truck that was over a year old with 22,000 miles on it. I lost about $4,500 from the price I paid. Not bad at all considering the mileage and use I got out of it. :)

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Besides something new that wasn't offered in 2020 such as the diesel, why would you get a 2021 over what you already have and incur more costs?

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Besides something new that wasn't offered in 2020 such as the diesel, why would you get a 2021 over what you already have and incur more costs?
the 2021's have the option for the Select-trac all the time 4wd. i miss it from my JGC... not going to take the hit though, so making due. I've already spent a bundle for the various parts i've changed. If only they had a rubicon was on the lot when i picked my overland. it was a vehicle replacement for a wreck i just had. The Sport S's on all the lots near me just was too bare-bones for me.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
the 2021's have the option for the Select-trac all the time 4wd. i miss it from my JGC... not going to take the hit though, so making due. I've already spent a bundle for the various parts i've changed. If only they had a rubicon was on the lot when i picked my overland. it was a vehicle replacement for a wreck i just had. The Sport S's on all the lots near me just was too bare-bones for me.
That's what I am saying, it was something that wasn't available for 2020.

I meant, if you have a 2020 Rubicon, why would you want a 2021 Rubicon if you aren't going to get anything else different than what you already have with the 2020, just to have a 1 year newer model and incur a lot of depreciation and transactional costs.

The JTSS that I got wasn't too bare bones. I specified I wanted a Sport S with power package at minimum and that's pretty much all I needed, but this came with the 24S and preferred package with a lot of upgrades so it's more than what I needed and not at all bare bones unless you count that I don't have a dedicated off road pages in the UConnect and have to make do with the 2 pages in the instrument panel for 4WD and pitch and roll.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I am saying, it was something that wasn't available for 2020.

I meant, if you have a 2020 Rubicon, why would you want a 2021 Rubicon if you aren't going to get anything else different than what you already have with the 2020, just to have a 1 year newer model and incur a lot of depreciation and transactional costs.

The JTSS that I got wasn't too bare bones. I specified I wanted a Sport S with power package at minimum and that's pretty much all I needed, but this came with the 24S and preferred package with a lot of upgrades so it's more than what I needed and not at all bare bones unless you count that I don't have a dedicated off road pages in the UConnect and have to make do with the 2 pages in the instrument panel for 4WD and pitch and roll.
My 2020 JT Rubicon had check engine light after check engine light for random cylinder misfires. I was tired of living at the dealership. I also wanted the diesel, so to me, the choice was obvious. I have zero regrets.
Sponsored