Sponsored

Anything that will help maintain visibility?

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I was going to say splash guards and running boards. Mine doesn't get nearly that bad even though my truck throws the road scum right back at the windshield in the past few days with slimed roads.

Hmmm, mine doesn't and it's been pretty cold lately.
Hmmm, i have never had not winter washer fluid in there, but recently have used non name brand fluid.
What I see happen is that the fluid gets sprayed, it cleans and on the 2nd pas of the wiper, there is a supper thin layer of freeze/haze that stays on for a few seconds. That's what im referring to, not that it sprays on and freezes into droplets or anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Other posts in the forum have noted problems with Rain-X windshield washer fluid. You might check those inputs first to see if there is something to that.
Interesting...

Have used the rainx washer fluids and dont remember any negative side effects...But then again, when i first got the film for my windscreen iI do recall it being more of a PIA to clean and had to manually clean the windscreen constantly, i though it was the film, but now that i think about it I have not had to manually clean the windscreen in a while, maybe its because I switched back to ordinary washer fluid?

What complaints have you seen about the rainx fluid... Will also search on my own.

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Interesting...

Have used the rainx washer fluids and dont remember any negative side effects...But then again, when i first got the film for my windscreen iI do recall it being more of a PIA to clean and had to manually clean the windscreen constantly, i though it was the film, but now that i think about it I have not had to manually clean the windscreen in a while, maybe its because I switched back to ordinary washer fluid?

What complaints have you seen about the rainx fluid... Will also search on my own.
I ran across them while browsing. If I remember correctly, some people claimed it eventually clogged the washer jets.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Anime one find a solution or remedy that helps maintain side view mirror visibility in winter road condition?
RainX?

E508CE48-F21F-475D-86FA-A308FB48E2E8.jpeg
Do your tires stick out?

Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Jeep Gladiator Anything that will help maintain visibility? 1674559387059

It looks too windswept. Salt and Water?
That is exactly were our truck gathers all the fluid when clearing the windsscreen from trucks infront, throwing snow slush and salt at my windshield

Last edited:
OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Do your tires stick out?
Wheels/tires are stock and i have mud guards.
This is caused 100% from the windshield wiper fluid runoff, its way worse in the winter when you are dealing with the spray from the car ahead of you driving in the snowy/watery/street defrost mix.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This is caused 100% from the windshield wiper fluid runoff, its way worse in the winter when you are dealing with the spray from the car ahead of you driving in the snowy/watery/street defrost mix.
Haven't had that problem here in Michigan.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
RainX on the windshield will fog/haze over time in bright sun and lack of rain (ie CA climate, where dust is often a bigger visibility problem than rain). If for whatever reason you find you have RainX on some glass and want to remove it - acetone. Not much else will remove it easily

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
Anime one find a solution or remedy that helps maintain side view mirror visibility in winter road condition?
RainX?

Jeep Gladiator Anything that will help maintain visibility? 1674559387059
I would suggest some rain-X or some rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel. This could be something called windshield haze, so a product that can clean that could help, like invisible glass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
I would suggest some rain-X or some rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel. This could be something called windshield haze, so a product that can clean that could help, like invisible glass.
It cleans up fine... That picture is after 3hr driving in a snow storm.

Im going to try Rainx on the side windows this weekend.

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT

I would suggest a ceramic coating instead. Its a similar concept to Rain-X, but the more updated generation of products, it works better.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
We see that a lot in the 8 months of rainy weather we get here in the PNW 🤪. I Rain-X my windshield and front side windows and run Rain-X washer fluid.

On long drives, I'll wash the windshield and sidewinders at each fuel/coffee/pee stop.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.

Oh wow! yeah... a snow storm would do it. Good luck with the rainx, hope it works!

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
After I put on my windshield protection film, I put a ceramic coating onto the windshield. It helps all that stuff not stick. It should help whether you have film on your windshield or not.
+1 for ceramic coating. Just make sure the windows are clean and without water spots before you do. Adams has some specific for windows that doesn’t require 24 hrs of cure time.
Sponsored