First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
No. I'm saying its dangerous. Because the truck will oversteer dangerously if pushed to its traction limit.

Driving with a really soft, compliant front roll bar is also dangerous because it will also lead to excessive oversteer. Though it will be less than with no front roll bar.

For street use, you should have a standard stiffness front roll bar in place.

Which is why I'm saying that a disconnect is both cheaper and better than anti-rock.

It gives you factory roll stiffness and handling on-road when its connected.
It gives you more compliance than an anti-rock when disconnected.

While I don't like the fact that the Autolynx is now ridiculously expensive, its simply a better solution than a soft noodle front sway bar because it allows the use of the factory front roll bar on-road.
Just curios, have you ever driven a jeep with the anti rock? I ask because my TJ had it and I never felt close to the situations you explain.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
No. I'm saying its dangerous. Because the truck will oversteer dangerously if pushed to its traction limit.

Driving with a really soft, compliant front roll bar is also dangerous because it will also lead to excessive oversteer. Though it will be less than with no front roll bar.

For street use, you should have a standard stiffness front roll bar in place.

Which is why I'm saying that a disconnect is both cheaper and better than anti-rock.

It gives you factory roll stiffness and handling on-road when its connected.
It gives you more compliance than an anti-rock when disconnected.

While I don't like the fact that the Autolynx is now ridiculously expensive, its simply a better solution than a soft noodle front sway bar because it allows the use of the factory front roll bar on-road.
"More compliance" when disconnected is not a benefit over an Antirock.

With the Antirock, you have controlled articulation. The body stays more level above the axles and you keep weight on your tires.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"More compliance" when disconnected is not a benefit over an Antirock.

With the Antirock, you have controlled articulation. The body stays more level above the axles and you keep weight on your tires.
Roll stiffness is roll stiffness. There is no voodoo or magic.

I'm my point isn't to really debate what the ideal roll stiffness is off road. Maybe it is less than factory, and more than disconnected. Maybe AntiRock is the ideal amount of roll stiffness off road.

From a vehicle dynamics perspective Anti-Rock is simply a softer front anti-roll bar.

My real issue here is that it is a fixed level of roll stiffness that will result in excessive oversteer in an emergency avoidance maneuver. Its handling 102. Decreasing relative roll stiffness on one end of a vehicle makes the opposite end tend to break loose first, meaning uncontrolled oversteer. The way most people drive on the road, this isn't ever going to come up. Until its an emergency and you need your vehicle to behave predictably and with reasonable stability.

Just curios, have you ever driven a jeep with the anti rock? I ask because my TJ had it and I never felt close to the situations you explain.
I've driven vehicles with adjustable anti-roll bars. So I can without any doubt say that decreasing front roll stiffness increases the chance of the back end coming around in an emergency maneuver or any maneuver where traction is pushed to its limits.

If you never had to make an evasive maneuver to the point where the tires broke loose then you would never experience this. How a vehicle behaves at its traction limits is the subject of a huge amount of engineering effort by car makers. This large topic, including braking, and handling is referred to as active safety.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I know this is not an anitrock thread so sorry but I had one on my JK and really not worth the money. I does nothing well, too soft on the road and does not fully articulate off road.
That being said the Apex is way too much money. You still have to reach under you jeep to connect/disconnect, with a little more effort you can use one of the manual disco for far less.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Calamity JOE

Calamity JOE

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
Occupation
Busa Boi
If you're Military, Medical, First Responder, etc... Dont forget to use your GovX Discount!

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Seriously considering a set of these.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I'd go quick. They were just out of stock for 2 months!
Also not in a super big hurry to spend another 450 on top of the 400 I just spent on sway bar, battery controller and metalcloak sway bar support brackets.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for their 25% off sale. (I know I'll be waiting for a long time)

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Already shipped!! Nice! Sunrider and Autolynx this weekend!

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Got them in. More of a pain in the ass than I thought. Some notes on a stock Mojave:

1. Mojave end links are 5" center to center. The shortest length on the 8.0 autoLynx is 6.5" so I used that. It put the swaybar up beyond parallel but not much.

2. They say in instructions to rotate the wolf logo to the front, so the lock knob faces forward when unlocked. I guess my knob wasn't put on right. You can fix it by loosening the two Allen screws on the sides of the blue knobs. The knob is spring loaded so hold it while you do this and keep holding it while you orient it correctly.

3. I couldn't get both autoLynx on while locked. I put the first one on after raising the swaybar up since the link was now 1 5" longer. Bolted it on and torqued. The other link wouldn't line up so I unlocked the mounted one, raised the swaybar, and mounted the second link. After it was installed, I locked the unlocked side, went for a drive, and it relocked itself.

4. I used 4 of their washers per side. If I didn't the link would be tilted, a lot, towards the center of the truck. They say that is fine but I put the washers on and lined it up nice.

20220511_204933.jpg
20220511_204937.jpg

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
It looks like your knob when locked is facing rear, it should be facing front, although I’m tired so I could be wrong. Mine were specific passenger and driver side, …….Jack

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It looks like your knob when locked is facing rear, it should be facing front, although I’m tired so I could be wrong. Mine were specific passenger and driver side, …….Jack
It's unlocked rear locked front. Without me adjusting it, it would have been locked left unlocked right.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Oh, ok. It’s me being tired!….Jack
Sponsored