First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
So I think I found out the reason I was getting a bounce(not death wobble). Picture one prior to taking out and being able to break loose the nut. Once out I noticed play because the nut wasn't tight against the snap ring. Second picture after taking out and tightened against snap ring. I didn't have a vice unfortunately. So I had to use channel locks. See how she drives when I go to work.
IMG_20231029_170602469.jpg
IMG_20231030_121457250_HDR.jpg
Looks like the owner before you was an idiot. Did it fix the bounce?
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Looks like the owner before you was an idiot. Did it fix the bounce?
No idea yet. There is a set of filled in potholes that usually produces the effect. Just down from work. I'll find out on the way home tonight for sure. I've already tightened all bolts on the lift kit. Plus it's only on the drivers side. Lift only has maybe 3-4k miles on it. I'm unsure of where to go after of this doesn't fix it. For the most part it drives great. It's not a shock no oil dripping anywhere. Guess it could be alignment.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Normal?

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I haven’t noticed that. I guess Apex would have to tell you.
They said take the little nylon plug out and tightened it.

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
So I spent a day wheeling today and the autolynx are awesome. One issue though, they hit the plastic liner and the driver side locked itself while I was driving. Weird.
Jeep Gladiator APEX AUTOLYNX VID_20231031_130049443
Jeep Gladiator APEX AUTOLYNX VID_20231031_130049443
Interesting. Are there orientation options for these that might make it less likely to twist when hitting the liner?

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Interesting. Are there orientation options for these that might make it less likely to twist when hitting the liner?
I oriented them the way instructed. I think it may have been a freak incident (maybe I thought I unlocked it but didn’t all the way). I spent three days on the trails over thanksgiving weekend and they never did it again. They work awesome!

Greendiator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
This might be a dumb question, but do you need to remove both away bar links to move the sway bar to align with the apex. I have a mojave and the stock links are shorter than the minimum apex length, so I have to move the sway bar a lot to align. Also a note, the stock nuts are 18mm top and bottom but the new apex nut is 19mm.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
This might be a dumb question, but do you need to remove both away bar links to move the sway bar to align with the apex. I have a mojave and the stock links are shorter than the minimum apex length, so I have to move the sway bar a lot to align. Also a note, the stock nuts are 18mm top and bottom but the new apex nut is 19mm.
Yes, remove both stock links and then install the new ones.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Trying to determine between the 8" or 10.5".

3" ish lift but with the mopar fox shocks, so could go either 8" or 10.5". Currently my sway bar is tilted up just a bit and my sway links are 9". So the 8.7" setting on the 8" autolynx would work.

3" bump stops. Just what I had around the garage. This should help with stopping them hitting the fender liner?

Mainly I am just trying to not cut my aal alloy fenders liners. Not going to go any longer with the shocks.

However, If I set the 10.5" also at the 8.7" slot or even the 9.5" slot...would that help them not hit the fender? Or Does where I set the autolynx on the slot not really matter in terms of fender liner rub?

Thoughts or opinions welcome!

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Trying to determine between the 8" or 10.5".

3" ish lift but with the mopar fox shocks, so could go either 8" or 10.5". Currently my sway bar is tilted up just a bit and my sway links are 9". So the 8.7" setting on the 8" autolynx would work.

3" bump stops. Just what I had around the garage. This should help with stopping them hitting the fender liner?

Mainly I am just trying to not cut my aal alloy fenders liners. Not going to go any longer with the shocks.

However, If I set the 10.5" also at the 8.7" slot or even the 9.5" slot...would that help them not hit the fender? Or Does where I set the autolynx on the slot not really matter in terms of fender liner rub?

Thoughts or opinions welcome!
My first thought would be call APEX.
My second thought is no matter where you set the link height the length of the unit is still the same (that’s what she said) so it could possibly hit with the 10.5’s. I only have experience with the 8.0 and they barely touch with no lift.

Greendiator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
Recently got the autolynx disconnect installed, and experiencing clunk noise going over bumps side ways or flexing a bit. I have checked all the nut and they are torqued to spec. I tried unlocking the link and the noise seem to go away. Anyone experienced similar problems?

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Recently got the autolynx disconnect installed, and experiencing clunk noise going over bumps side ways or flexing a bit. I have checked all the nut and they are torqued to spec. I tried unlocking the link and the noise seem to go away. Anyone experienced similar problems?
Did you set the nut correctly on the snap ring? It needs to turn counter clockwise and tighten up against the snap ring.