First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
If the jam nut is tight the housing shouldn’t move.
From the videos I've seen from Apex. The jam nut is tightened against the upper snapring not down into the housing. Is that correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
From the videos I've seen from Apex. The jam nut is tightened against the upper snapring not down into the housing. Is that correct?
Yes

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
So I spent a day wheeling today and the autolynx are awesome. One issue though, they hit the plastic liner and the driver side locked itself while I was driving. Weird.
IMG_7126.jpeg
IMG_7127.jpeg
I must have had the same thing happen last time I was off-road. I didn’t notice any signs of them rubbing on the fender liners, but it was muddy almost the entire time. We were packing up from the trail and I went to re-lock, found that one side had locked itself. I initially thought I had forgotten to unlock one side, but your post makes me think it must have relocked at some point. Our suspension must seriously flex because I never thought the Autolynx could move that much.

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
I must have had the same thing happen last time I was off-road. I didn’t notice any signs of them rubbing on the fender liners, but it was muddy almost the entire time. We were packing up from the trail and I went to re-lock, found that one side had locked itself. I initially thought I had forgotten to unlock one side, but your post makes me think it must have relocked at some point. Our suspension must seriously flex because I never thought the Autolynx could move that much.
I’m amazed at the amount of flex this thing has now. The soft Mojave springs make it feel like I’m floating down the trail. We took a pretty chunky trail on Saturday and it felt like there was a lot less stress on the frame and body too. I’ll have to make a habit of checking them every time I stop to make sure they’re unlocked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
So I think I found out the reason I was getting a bounce(not death wobble). Picture one prior to taking out and being able to break loose the nut. Once out I noticed play because the nut wasn't tight against the snap ring. Second picture after taking out and tightened against snap ring. I didn't have a vice unfortunately. So I had to use channel locks. See how she drives when I go to work.
Jeep Gladiator APEX AUTOLYNX IMG_20231029_170602469
Jeep Gladiator APEX AUTOLYNX IMG_20231030_121457250_HDR

Greendiator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
For the guys who installed this, did you have to jack up your truck or could it be installed on the ground?

Sponsored

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
For the guys who installed this, did you have to jack up your truck or could it be installed on the ground?
On the ground, tires on. Probably easier with tires off but I like to do stuff the hard way LOL (wasn’t hard)

BTW, the OE top nuts are 18mm but the replacement nuts are 19mm (3/4)

Greendiator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
On the ground, tires on. Probably easier with tires off but I like to do stuff the hard way LOL (wasn’t hard)

BTW, the OE top nuts are 18mm but the replacement nuts are 19mm (3/4)
Thanks for the tips!

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Dang. I really wanted a set of these too; didn’t realize they were going to rub, even with AEV lift. For no more than we do trails, the cost doesn’t justify the benefits. For now, I just zip off those lower bolts/nuts with a 3/8” impact, and then tie up the links with the big twisty ties. Maybe I’ll hold out for a lift with beefier adjustable control arms, and then that way, if I ever replace those fox shocks I can do so with more travel.
Sponsored