First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Has anybody looked at installing the compressor in the empty space between the right side of the bed and the outer fender, with the chuck installed next to/instead of where the 110v outlet is installed?
Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!! 20211008_185205

In this spot.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!! 20211008_185205

In this spot.
I'm sure a mount could be made to fit the area. I see several spots that could be used to bolt onto. But, I also see a good amount of mud in the area already. I would be very concerned that the area would get too much mud and water. For me, it's the same reason I don't design anything for behind the wheel well like some of the other mounts on the market. Here is a pic from a customer. His ARB twin was mounted behind the wheel well and died due to the elements. The front has inner fenders to block mud, the rear location does not. It would have helped if the filters were relocated. You would need to relocate them if mounted under the bed also.

toast.jpg

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!! IMG_20210516_125006511_HDR

I ended up making a simple mount a few months ago to place mine under the driver seat. I couldn't find anyone selling a mount to do this, probably because there is very little clearance. However, I am extremely happy with it and was able to retain all the storage space behind the rest seats which is pretty nice.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I have installed my twin behind the rear seat with the 813 kit.. Everything is wired up and working. So far so good. But now I am wanting to run a tank and need a place for the hose connection.

I don't want the hose connection under the hood. Same reason I didn't put the compressor there. Open to the elements, heat and having to open the hood every time I need to use it.
I am wanting the tank under the Jeep. Out of site out of mind. It will also dissapate the heat from the compressor to the connection and I can add a filter and separator if needed.

Anyone have any good setups like this and how they did it?

P.S. I tried a search to no avail! ;)

TIA

I am working on some tank mounts, just need to move quicker on them! Let me know if you don't find a solution. What size tank are you wanting to add?

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am working on some tank mounts, just need to move quicker on them! Let me know if you don't find a solution. What size tank are you wanting to add?
I'm thinking a 10 gallon but maybe two 5 gallons on each side.. I'm wanting to mount them under the bed but far up enough that they won't get wrecked offroading.. I don't use my spare tire locatoion due to tire size anyway.. So all that extra space is waiting for a mod.. Was also thinking if it is in a place that could get hit with rocks making a skid plate under it..
Just ideas I'm been thinking about..

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder

I ended up making a simple mount a few months ago to place mine under the driver seat. I couldn't find anyone selling a mount to do this, probably because there is very little clearance. However, I am extremely happy with it and was able to retain all the storage space behind the rest seats which is pretty nice.
How is your bracket working out. i just picked up the same compressor and i am thinking of mounting it the same way. How hot does it get and have you had any problems with the mount? Thanks

Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I'm thinking a 10 gallon but maybe two 5 gallons on each side.. I'm wanting to mount them under the bed but far up enough that they won't get wrecked offroading.. I don't use my spare tire locatoion due to tire size anyway.. So all that extra space is waiting for a mod.. Was also thinking if it is in a place that could get hit with rocks making a skid plate under it..
Just ideas I'm been thinking about..
Thatā€™s a lot of compressed air! I run two 2-gallon tanks on my JKU and itā€™s plenty for anything I do.
Ran a 2.5-gallon on my TJ with Kilby engine driven compressor. I ran air tools and reseated tire beads with that one.
Iā€™m installing the ARB twin in my Glad (813 behind seat mount) and thinking a 2-3 gallon tank should be plenty

OP
OP
SubiRubi

SubiRubi

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thatā€™s a lot of compressed air! I run two 2-gallon tanks on my JKU and itā€™s plenty for anything I do.
Ran a 2.5-gallon on my TJ with Kilby engine driven compressor. I ran air tools and reseated tire beads with that one.
Iā€™m installing the ARB twin in my Glad (813 behind seat mount) and thinking a 2-3 gallon tank should be plenty
Huge difference in a motor driven and a piston compressor!! You could run tools without any tank.. lol
May just do 2.5 gallon on each side and see how it works.. Can always swap them out later.. I think I had a 2.5 gallon on my TJ along with a homemade sealed bumper that was about .5 gallons.. I don't remember it being that bad as far as volume..

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Highway Engineer
That space is to the side of the spare between the right rear fender and the bed.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone looked at a mount for an ARB twin that could go in the area where the small battery lives? My JT is diesel so under hood space is full. I have already disconnected the small battery but haven't removed it yet. Not against mounting under front passenger seat but man, it is a loud sucker.
Sponsored