Sponsored

Are Oracle flush tail lights the only option?

OM Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Jeep Soon
Love the look, really don’t want to deal with the issues. I don’t like issues with aftermarket items.

Do the Oracle flush tail lights still have the various issues, or have they sorted everything out?

If they still have issues, are there other flush mount options that work with the cross traffic alert? This is important.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Oracle is the only option I am aware of. I don’t think the changes needed on the pcm are as big of a deal as people have made it out to be. I know some folks haven’t had a good time, but I’ve had mine over a year without any issues

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
There’s another thread on here that lists alt aftermarket tail lights but I couldn’t seem to find it doing a quick search. I’ll post the link here if I find it.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Search @Justinswidebody for his flush tail lights he's making himself. I believe he's looking into manufacturing and selling on his own. Has several different configurations of lights to choose from. Thread is labeled "building my own flush tail lights".

Sponsored

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Mine tail lights are still in development, and I'm still sorting issues. So it will still be some time before I'm in production.

I have owned Oracle tails and I never had issues.. my gladiator had led lights from factory though....

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thanks guys.

@Jefe1018 no cracking, leaking, or flickering/failing?
Nope, working awesome still. I cannot complain about them or any of their products. I’ve had their headlights, tail lights and reverse lights on for just about two years and roughly 20,000 miles.

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law/Public Safety & Veteran
I've had them for about 2 years now, and they have worked excellent. Never had an issue so far.

Picked them up on eBay for about 300 or so.

Jeep Gladiator Are Oracle flush tail lights the only option? IMG_0390
Jeep Gladiator Are Oracle flush tail lights the only option? IMG_0391

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I just picked up the oracle tinted version with no issue. Programmed my BCM for LEDs right away and have no issue. The only other option is from Combat offroad but $599 for some trailer lights are a bit expensive for my taste.

20230608_104325.jpg

Sponsored

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
Only issues i have seen personally is where the screw mount has broken off. No idea if it was overtightened and a design flaw just my 2 cents

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Only issues i have seen personally is where the screw mount has broken off. No idea if it was overtightened and a design flaw just my 2 cents
I can see this happening if not careful because the screw is pretty tight when initially screwing the lights on. I took the advice of another forum member by removing the nut and threading the screw separately from the lights. Overtightening can also break them. Probably not the same quality plastic as OEM so you have to be careful.

20230608_103335.jpg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Pricey but quality products from what I've heard

Screenshot_20230610-123748.png

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oracle said they fixed a lot of the issues people were having. Oracle does have really exceptional customer service. If you have an issue, submit a claim or email them on their website and they usually respond within 48 hours asking for pictures or videos. If they can confirm the issue is the product, they will send you out a replacement. I had to submit a claim on the their headlights and they were really fast at confirming and getting me a replacement set.

There are a lot of threads bashing Oracle and most people with the issues come on the forum to whine and complain before even reaching out to them. They do have a 1 year warranty.