Sponsored

Are we going to see a 392 JT?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Doubtful. I don’t think they sell enough Gladiators to justify it. I really wish they’d have developed a small displacement 6 cyl turbo application like the EcoBoost 2.7L; the power and fuel economy in the Bronco with that setup is enviable.
The power maybe, the fuel economy on the bronco is absolutely abysmal, 16 high way real world on a stock sasquatch bronco is what its looking like.
Sponsored

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
The power maybe, the fuel economy on the bronco is absolutely abysmal, 16 high way real world on a stock sasquatch bronco is what its looking like.
It was higher than that in the one I drove, and higher than my gas Gladiator. Even if it’s the same economy, the power is no comparison.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I was going to point out the same thing. I was at a Ford dealer recently and the MPGs listed on a Bronco window sticker were pretty lousy. That Bronco was a Sasquatch edition. While the Wrangler and Gladiator are less aerodynamic than a cow, I think they weigh less than a Bronco. Having seen a few of the new Broncos up close, I can't help but notice, THEY'RE BIG.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I'm still skeptical about the Inline 6. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Inline 6 engines. I just don't think Jeep will be able to get the MPGs necessary to be compliant. That's why they went away before.
It should be better than the Pentastar

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I was going to point out the same thing. I was at a Ford dealer recently and the MPGs listed on a Bronco window sticker were pretty lousy. That Bronco was a Sasquatch edition. While the Wrangler and Gladiator are less aerodynamic than a cow, I think they weigh less than a Bronco. Having seen a few of the new Broncos up close, I can't help but notice, THEY'RE BIG.
They are larger than Wranglers

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
My two cents -

I think you're being frustrated at the wrong group - the writing has been on the wall (and in the law) for a very long time, and Stellantis dropped the ball on producing a gasoline engine for us that is both inspiring and efficient in a timely manner. This is on them.

Hell, if they had made more progress with the i6 sooner then maybe they would be selling enough of them now to justify keeping a niche Hemi around for a while longer. As it is, the Hemi has to go to force adoption of their more efficient powertrains.
Well, it was a joke lol. A mostly true joke, but a joke nonetheless. I’m not going to blame Stellantis for government passed legislation though. They gave us the 6.4, Hellcat, Redeye, Demon and super stock. They’re gods among me in my eyes. They should have had a better plan but if that planned was to nix awesome cars for stuff like eco boost Focus’ and Mustangs? Yeah, no. You can make anything fast but a turbo 4 isn’t cool.

Last edited:

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
4 door models. The size difference indicates that if they had built a Bronco truck it would be more the size of an F150. So think of the Bronco as a full size SUV and the Wrangler as mid sized.

Jeep
Furd
Furd+
Wheelbase
96.8​
116.1​
19.3​
Length
166.8​
189.4​
22.6​
Width (no mirrors)
73.8​
75.9​
2.1​
Lol why are you comparing a 2 door Wrangler to a 4 door Bronco? The wrangler has a larger wheelbase, is 1” shorter than a Bronco and 2” wider. I swear some of you act like the Bronco is the titanic and the Wrangler is the S.S Minnow.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Lol why are you comparing a 2 door Wrangler to a 4 door Bronco? The wrangler has a larger wheelbase, is 1” shorter than a Bronco and 2” wider. I swear some of you act like the Bronco is the titanic and the Wrangler is the S.S Minnow.
i swore i got the 4dr #s, darn, 1 second

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
They’re really not though. I think it’s just the design of the vehicle, they appear very large. I think the mirrors being massive don’t help and the fact it’s very boxy makes it look bigger than a wrangler. It’s 1-3” max all the way around.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The only reason they released the Hemi JL is because they had to try to take some of the wind out of the sails of the new Bronco which has nearly V8 power in that 2.7T. If there was no Bronco to compete, there would be no Hemi JL outside teasers and since there is no competition for the JT other than other midsize pickups, I don't see them ever releasing one.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
The only reason they released the Hemi JL is because they had to try to take some of the wind out of the sails of the new Bronco which has nearly V8 power in that 2.7T. If there was no Bronco to compete, there would be no Hemi JL outside teasers and since there is no competition for the JT other than other midsize pickups, I don't see them ever releasing one.
Sometimes people do things just for fun, or the money. Sooooo maybe?!?!?! 🤷

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Just curious what the general thought is about this. A 392 JT would most likely have me trading in my JTR.
I'd love the power of a diesel without the overheating, leaks and unknown longevity issues
No. EPA becoming more strict to appeal to the special infests groups investing in EV technology and lithium all in the name of “climate change”.
Sponsored