Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
People are assholes. It’s better to take the high road although that’s easier said then done.

On Friday my dad and I were at Costco. We parked way out where no one would hit my rig (every vehicle I have owned has been hit while parked) and some asshole honked at my dad because he was “weaving” in the parking lot while pushing his cart and the guy had to wait for him. He just keep ranting and ranting about it. I’m not sure what his point was exactly, because he could have avoided us and gone around. Finally I said look, my dad is 80, has cancer and is dying. So what if he was weaving, we’re way out here is the parking lot. If you’re in such a hurry why are you bitching at us about it? He kept ranting, but I finally heard enough of his shit. My dad told me to take the high road and ignore him, but I didn’t - I get my temper from my Italian mom. I went up to his window and asked his what his problem was. He pulled the ole hit me I dare you card. I said he wasn’t worth it and to get the fuck out of here. He called me something in Spanish and drove off. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Sorry, didn’t mean to high jack your thread. This bothered me all weekend. I feel better now.
As we get ready to go to Costco... I recall a guy who had because he thought we drove to close to him approach our vehicle and get in my wife's face... Wrong. She's a retired Lieutenant and once he got a look at the .45 she had in her hand he sheepishly walked away. People go all about their lives looking for trouble with people who they have no knowledge of, and on occasion it goes way bad for them. The world has gone bat shit crazy....... Considering the courts in California, it's better to warn them then than to react...... But, be prepared anyway......

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
What a jerk. I only get waves about 20% of the time and when I don't get 1 back I curse at them under my breath lol there are a TON of jeeps by me so idk if people are just sick of waving or they are just dbags

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I've started extending my jeep wave to any modified non-wrangler/gladiator as well. Spread the love!

if you don't get a jeep wave from me, i was texting and driving

j/k

Sponsored

OP
OP
JET222

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I've started extending my jeep wave to any modified non-wrangler/gladiator as well. Spread the love!

if you don't get a jeep wave from me, i was texting and driving

j/k
My friend is a SGT in our police department. I saw him at a light the other day, waved, honked, and he still didn't see me because he was texting and driving, probably "doing police work" lol.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I got “the bird” a while ago on the highway. Before I knew it I just waved back (think forest gump) and that just made him more mad, so he did it again, and I smiled even bigger and waved back.... was hilarious.

I think people have been all cooped up and stressed out and some are just mad. I don’t advise purposely poking the bear, this was before all of this... I agree public courtesy is declining.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
happens all the time to me. Fingers. Wave pull backs. Thumbs down. Jeep drivers are like any other segment- tons of douche bags.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I get waves all the time so far no negative comments. Knock on wood But the best was when this family of 7 were headed into the local Hardware store and the youngest I gues was. About. 3 holding his moms hand looks at my truck and says. Jeep that a Jeep. His mom had to drag him into the into the store all the while looking at my truck saying Jeep Jeep. His dad just smiled.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
The whole jeep wave thing has gotten out of control and tribal anyway. Back in he day when it was a rugged tub chassis on a frame, driving one kinda made you different and they werent that common.

now, its basically a semi-luxury vehicle and there are tons of them out there driven by people from just as many backgrounds who bought it for just as many different reasons.

waiving at a jeep today is no different than waiving at a tacoma. And now that jeep drivers have become incredibly tribal and douchy and territorial about it, Im less inclined to care about doing it. i mean fuck, its getting to the point where you cant look for waives from or waive at all the jeeps going by and pay attention to traffic in front of You

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I get the occasional weird reaction to a Gladiator, and not just from Taco drivers. I had some schlub in a Buick try real hard to cut me off while I was changing lanes to a turn lane. He had the bad taste to follow me to the next stop light, swearing at me. Front top off, all windows down, I turned my stereo up. He yelled some more, and I looked over and said "I can't hear you". Angry little weenie.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I guess I better tell all the guys at work that Jeep Friday is off from now on.

The whole jeep wave thing has gotten out of control and tribal anyway. Back in he day when it was a rugged tub chassis on a frame, driving one kinda made you different and they werent that common.

now, its basically a semi-luxury vehicle and there are tons of them out there driven by people from just as many backgrounds who bought it for just as many different reasons.

waiving at a jeep today is no different than waiving at a tacoma. And now that jeep drivers have become incredibly tribal and douchy and territorial about it, Im less inclined to care about doing it. i mean fuck, its getting to the point where you cant look for waives from or waive at all the jeeps going by and pay attention to traffic in front of You

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I guess I better tell all the guys at work that Jeep Friday is off from now on.
i guess it depends on your perspective and what’s important. I find more enjoyment out of being around people i get along with who do the things with their truck that i want to do with mine. sometimes that person drives a jeep. Often times they drive a land cruiser.

to others what you drive is more important. I dont get why, but i dont have to. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
In a nutshell there is no such thing as respect anymore. Unfortunately it takes an event like 9/11 or another national tragedy for people to come together and be nice to each other. But it never lasts.
I'm hoping the olympics can bring us back together again..albeit only for a while.
Sponsored