Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
So, I'm cruising down the interstate yesterday and a JL gets on fresh from the trails at a big off road park. I wave, nothing. Okay. Then I watch as he weaves in and out of traffic cutting people off with only a few feet between bumpers. This happened for a good 25-30 miles. I was satisfied because with all of that effort he got nowhere. When I pulled past vehicles that he had cut off, they were shaking their head at me. I just shook my head in agreement.
Rausch Creek? I heard there's something in the water up there that makes people act that way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JET222

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Must have been a bad person. In general the older a jeep is the more likely I see them to wave around here, never once got the finger at my JT.

You have any crazy mods or anything that would trigger somebody? Other than the Mojavie hood I can't imagine how he would even know it was a JT unless he hates all JLs in general, I don't notice most JTs are a JT till I am passing them unless they are gator or gobi in color.
I do have a Gator, so that could be it.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
I find it easier to take the highroad when I remind myself that people like this have to live with themselves. Not a joyful life, living with a dark heart /mind. And I believe God metes out justice, in His time.
Its amazing the reactions when you give a ✌to a non-jeeper, it's almost always positive.

God or life or whatever... What we put out to the world, the world gives back.

I was parked a McDonald's in my Mojave. In the drive-thru was a family in a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. The mom was on the phone, the little kids in the back were being kids, and the dude was checking out my JT. I noticed him looking and trying to be low key. I immediately thought, that dude bought the jeep he could afford, with a warranty, that fits his family, but made sure it was the trailhawk and was the most capable, small, economic family car compromise. He looked at me hesitant and I smiled gave him that dude head nod that means means good job bro, and the ✌. Dude grinned huge and gave me a ✌back.

We are all doing the best we can in this life. I wave at anybody that makes eye contact. Most drivers never do. However, off roaders almost always do. I don't care what you roll in, non- wrangler jeep, British, other US, Japanese, it doesn't matter. I'm checking out your rig, your checking out my rig... then✌, and see ya on the trail.

If I would wave to someone out on the trail, then I wave out on the street, no different except 2H vs 4H/4L. Next time you see a fellow off roader, no matter the manufacturer, give them a ✌, I dare you ;). If they don't wave back, that's on them, but we're doing good.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
TJ aren’t real Jeeps either says an ownerof a 46 CJ2A! Giving finger to a fellow Jeeper is real low, he is a dick you were not, but if you turned around to tell him you might be a dick.
Don’t be a dick even if your name is Richard!......I wave to everbody including my buddy that has my old Willys that I sold in 1982.....Jack
46? That’s new age. Not a real Jeep. I only wave to Jeep’s with battle scars from WWII. 😁

Sponsored

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
Sometimes people express their feelings that way when they're jealous.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
I don't intiate the wave anymore. I'm done with it. I'll wave back, but that's all. Def not gonna get offended if someone doesn't wave. Wranglers/Gladiators are just to common nowadays.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@Levi.Butler My JT is kind of low key, kind of. It is a stock height Rubi, with 35's, LCA skids, covered winch in a modified plastic bumper, and a few BOH's on it. Rolling you can't see the amount of touch up paint on the skids or rock bites in the wheels.
I was up in New England this weekend and got waves from all sorts of mall crawlers, bikers, and a couple of young kids in their 'hopped up' rice burners. Of course I waved back, we are all in this together.
Yet here was this Jeeper driving like an idiot and instantaneously I was associated with him. It is people like him that make life difficult for the rest of us.

JT Thomas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 09 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
U.S. Army (Retired)
I don't intiate the wave anymore. I'm done with it. I'll wave back, but that's all. Def not gonna get offended if someone doesn't wave. Wranglers/Gladiators are just to common nowadays.
Not me brother. I wave relentlessly and it is for others to reject me. My kids laugh about how I wave to all Jeeps. There are enough messed up things in this world but this is one thing I can do to be positive.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
In a nutshell there is no such thing as respect anymore. Unfortunately it takes an event like 9/11 or another national tragedy for people to come together and be nice to each other. But it never lasts.
Some self respect is needed first. Had a conversation with the missus yesterday-4.5 billion years of evolution and we behave like THIS?

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I take it as an invitation. If she looks good, I will even tap my watch, meaning time now? If a male does it, he gets the eye point and "straight" hand gesture. Both groups are act like their heads will explode. Laugh more, frown less.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
46? That’s new age. Not a real Jeep. I only wave to Jeep’s with battle scars from WWII. 😁
I can use my Sept. '44 built Garand with vintage AP rounds to scar up the new age ones. Would that count? Cheers

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I can use my Sept. '44 built Garand with vintage AP rounds to scar up the new age ones. Would that count? Cheers
Hey redrider,
I hope you know that I was just satirizing the whole "that's not a real Jeep" attitude, and I wasn't directing that at you. I'd love to have a CJ2 in my garage. All the best!

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've passed 3 TJ's that were clearly driving/wheeling together (middle of nowhere, no other traffic) I waved to the group, all made eye contact and I just got glared at as we passed. Awkward. It is what it is. People are weird. 🤷‍♂️

John_in_RVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Professional Boxer
I catch myself, especially when traveling, or in a different vehicle still waing at Jeeps... my daughter is usually laughing at me saying "DAD... not in the Jeep today!"😅😂🤣
Sponsored