Sponsored

Assholes giving the bird

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I've never had a Jeep owner ever wave back. I've stopped initiating a wave as they all seem to be preoccupied to wave back.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I do have a Gator, so that could be it.
They have got to jealous thats just it. Can't get that color in the wrangler at all.

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
I'd have smiled and flipped him a double. I mean he'll it was nice to be considered number 1 for a moment so let them know they are obviously number 2 lmao 🤣

Giljr572

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S "Max Tow"
Occupation
Military
In a nutshell there is no such thing as respect anymore. Unfortunately it takes an event like 9/11 or another national tragedy for people to come together and be nice to each other. But it never lasts.
One would think that a pandemic killing 577k Americans (and 3.2 millions worldwide...)would rank as a national tragedy, but I guess it doesn't.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
Some people just attach their ego to the things they own. While its great to wave at one another, I know some of you are assholes and we wouldn't be friends... that's fine. (c; I also know that we're all just doing our own thing and having more expensive toys doesn't make someone innately better, nor does driving a cheaper vehicle make you inferior. Just keep waving, the guy with the finger doesn't really deserve your energy anyway.

Sponsored

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
Was cruising at 75 the other day in the fast lane in my JTM. Everyone was going 70 so I was in the right being in the fast lane. So anyway, this joker in a flat fendered JKU comes up behind me after cutting people off in the slower lanes. He/she gets right on my ass. Like 15 feet bumper to bumper.
So, I pulled to the next lane to let him/her pass, as soon as able.
No way I was going to 'Jeep wave' that prick.

So maybe they were running late to work. Or maybe the Jeep was stolen.

Either way it's best to avoid confrontation with crazy.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I've received any rude gestures in the 2 years I've owned my JT, but I've run into some Jeep "purists" that can't quite embrace the truck being in their "Jeep Club". That said, I noticed that the Rubicon trail Jeep Jamboree has excluded JT's from being able to participate in the event this year. This is the kind of attitude that promotes division & negativity toward JT owners and their family members that also drive them. At this point I will never have kind words for the Jeep Jamboree organizers or their events with their elite-est attitudes, it's not what the Jeep brand has ever stood for or promoted. It's an attitude adopted by those types of groups that take pleasure in excluding over including who I'd rather avoid.
Once again, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody waves here. It was probably a non LED package peasant.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Hey redrider,
I hope you know that I was just satirizing the whole "that's not a real Jeep" attitude, and I wasn't directing that at you. I'd love to have a CJ2 in my garage. All the best!
No worries here my friend. Having a sense of humor is always welcome. Laughter IS the best medicine. Cheers

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I live in Northern South Carolina also, they probably thought I was you...;) Just messing with you.
Lol its possible, for all I know my kids could have flipped the bird at somebody in the past. They had a phase with it....

Not to many gators in our area, I know my dad has seen your truck before. Unless you know of another gator mojave around here I have probably seen yours as well.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I don't think I've received any rude gestures in the 2 years I've owned my JT, but I've run into some Jeep "purists" that can't quite embrace the truck being in their "Jeep Club". That said, I noticed that the Rubicon trail Jeep Jamboree has excluded JT's from being able to participate in the event this year. This is the kind of attitude that promotes division & negativity toward JT owners and their family members that also drive them. At this point I will never have kind words for the Jeep Jamboree organizers or their events with their elite-est attitudes, it's not what the Jeep brand has ever stood for or promoted. It's an attitude adopted by those types of groups that take pleasure in excluding over including who I'd rather avoid.
Once again, just my opinion.
Seriously? They excluded the JT’s? Man that is messed up. This isn’t what JEEP or the hobby is all about. That’s sad.