Assholes giving the bird

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I have had people flip me off when I drive my Scrambler = who knows? People be crazy.
Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Seriously? They excluded the JT’s? Man that is messed up. This isn’t what JEEP or the hobby is all about. That’s sad.
Directly from the Jeep Jamboree website:
"Participants must have a Jeep Wrangler model year 1997 – 2021 in order to participate in the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree."
I shot off a stern email. We'll see how they respond.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Directly from the Jeep Jamboree website:
"Participants must have a Jeep Wrangler model year 1997 – 2021 in order to participate in the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree."
I shot off a stern email. We'll see how they respond.
I think they have a technical reason to exclude the JT just for the Rubicon Trail as they do not exclude it for the many of their other trail events elsewhere. Rubicon trail Jamboree also has a minimum 35" tire size, upgraded axle protection on JK and a Front/Rear locker requirement.

If they hated the JT outright, I would imagine the exclusion would extend to the other trail events and they would not have a row of JT's as their current main page background image.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I think they have a technical reason to exclude the JT just for the Rubicon Trail as they do not exclude it for the many of their other trail events elsewhere. Rubicon trail Jamboree also has a minimum 35" tire size, upgraded axle protection on JK and a Front/Rear locker requirement.

If they hated the JT outright, I would imagine the exclusion would extend to the other trail events and they would not have a row of JT's as their current main page background image.
So I should be allowed to bring my Rubicon JT to the event. If not, then they should not have badged it as such.
(and yes it has 35's)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So I should be allowed to bring my Rubicon JT to the event. If not, then they should not have badged it as such.
(and yes it has 35's)
Their event, their rules. I do not agree or disagree with it. I just do not think their exclusion is just based solely on a hate of the JT as they do not exclude it from other Jamboree events and put other minimum limits on Wranglers.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Their event, their rules. I do not agree or disagree with it. I just do not think their exclusion is just based solely on a hate of the JT as they do not exclude it from other Jamboree events and put other minimum limits on Wranglers.
I almost wonder if it's an oversight. We have all of the lockers required and skid plates etc, and the same tires as the JL. Neither vehicle comes stock with 35s, but they'll fit on either version with the Rubicon package pretty easily. Let's see what happens with the email. I wouldn't be surprised if they mean you need a JL or JT and just forgot about us.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
There are no rules wave to whoever you want! Hell, I drive a F-250 pickup for work and catch myself waving to Jeeps, they wave back anyway. Rules?? Geeze man, only rule with Jeeeps is keep the shiny side up, and even that rule a lot of guys can't seem to follow......Jack
HaHa, I drive my JT Friday-Sunday. Come Monday it takes me till Wednesday to stop waving at Jeeps. My wife thinks I'm a lunatic. She even questions me as to why I bother to wave anyway, because it is rare I get a wave back. I'm faithful to the wave!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I almost wonder if it's an oversight. We have all of the lockers required and skid plates etc, and the same tires as the JL. Neither vehicle comes stock with 35s, but they'll fit on either version with the Rubicon package pretty easily. Let's see what happens with the email. I wouldn't be surprised if they mean you need a JL or JT and just forgot about us.
But if they are requiring 35s on the wrangler wouldn't that equal something more like a 37 or 38 on the JT? I wonder if some clubs are even just trying to figure out how and what would be needed on a JT. The breakover and departure add a new factor they haven't accounted for

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
As it turns out, you are correct. Jamboree responded and said
“Thank you for reaching out. It appears you found a mistake that we made in our Rubicon Trail requirements. The Gladiator (JT) is plenty capable, and we certainly didn’t intend to exclude it, but evidently missed adding it when we were updating the website for the 2021 season. We’ll get it changed asap, but please note that we will require all Gladiators to have 37” tires to attend. Due to the length of the vehicle they can take quite a beating on smaller tires and this will help to lessen the chance of damage to the vehicle.”

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
As it turns out, you are correct. Jamboree responded and said
“Thank you for reaching out. It appears you found a mistake that we made in our Rubicon Trail requirements. The Gladiator (JT) is plenty capable, and we certainly didn’t intend to exclude it, but evidently missed adding it when we were updating the website for the 2021 season. We’ll get it changed asap, but please note that we will require all Gladiators to have 37” tires to attend. Due to the length of the vehicle they can take quite a beating on smaller tires and this will help to lessen the chance of damage to the vehicle.”
That makes sense. Glad to see they are fixing it.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Glad to hear it!

More opportunity to give people the bird!

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I just need to figure out where to put my Bigfoot giving the finger sticker

SteveA

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xxxx
Occupation
Unemployed
Some self respect is needed first. Had a conversation with the missus yesterday-4.5 billion years of evolution and we behave like THIS?
I was listening to some scholars and behavioral scientists discussing humans and human nature with regards to the great toilet and paper towel shortage of '20 and how ugly people were getting. The general thoughts were, technology has changed over the centuries and millennium but human nature in general hasn't. One on the panel stated "man without any food will steal it from his neighbor after 3 days of hunger, assault his neighbor after 5 days and kill his neighbor after 7".

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
If you haven't driven it, don't knock it !!!!
It's far more capable than most people realize.

I'm a relatively new driver and just took my BONE STOCK Rubicon on Hells Revenge this past. Monday.

With spotting help from a friend I did things with it I never thought possible.

Anybody who thinks this thing isn't worth the Jeep trail rating is !@#$%^.
Don't listen to haters. Drive one. Get the facts.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Had a guy in a JK give me the finger when I waved today. I guess some people don't like the Gladiator and think it doesn't deserve the wave. I felt like turning around and giving him a lesson in manners, but I figured I would take the high road. Maybe I could have informed him that I had 2 JK's in the past that were a lot nice than his? Just felt like ranting. Have a great day.
Just wanted to lighten up the mood, so I'm hijacking the post to share this: I installed new off road lights on my Gladiator, and thinking they were the best I could get.... I see this..... Now tell me, was I wrong?

JKR Bump 3.jpg

182579151_4163487977024042_1980525005571979777_n.jpg
Sponsored