Sponsored

At $495, is Gorilla Glass still worth the price?

Guntar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK RHD (wife's mail vehicle) 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
N/a
OP et al., I just had mine replaced this past Thursday at Safelite. They said the GG is much better than OEM stuff. That is their opinion. I was talking to the glass installer about it. His father owned where he works now until Safelite bought his father out. He likes the glass much better. He also said it helps with road noise. Nothing official says that but that has been his experience.
Hope this adds to discussion.
Sponsored

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
Just ordered a '22 Gladiator Altitude and didn't get the Gorilla Glass. At $195.00 for the '21 I might have ordered it but not at the new price. I live in MT and cracked windshields are mandatory in MT. Anytime you travel on the Interstate there's a good chance a rock will jump up and crack the windsheild.

Tom

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Mine cracked by just looking at it, didn’t even have a rock chip. They replaced it though free of charge.
I have two Jt's my first no gg cracked at 500 miles my second with gg cracked thev3 rd time i drove it? Save your money i didn't notice any difference

Suszynch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
Chef
When I got mine it was pocket change to upgrade. It's taken some pretty noticeable hits and still no cracks. I know some who aren't so fortunate.
Don't forget the 2-year limited warranty when you buy it as an add-on. you can see this on Mopar's page regarding the gorilla glass option. Don't expect your dealer to have read the fine print for you being glass.

even though 495 is probably half what retail is, I'd be questioning that too. The cheap Chinese/ Aftermarket windscreen I put on my JL would take shrapnel driving down i70 colorado where the OEM one hardly made it home from the lot.

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Must admit, I skipped most of the thread as I recently sold my Mojave and ordered a JLUR, and I just went through this whole decision process myself. After reading that GG is not perfect and talking to my insurance agent, I opted to avoid GG. My deductible is $50, doesn’t impact premium, and I figured if it is breaking too often I can upgrade during a replacement for the difference in glass. Talk to your agent as your coverage may differ.

Sponsored

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
My 2020 killed 6 windshields in one year. I added gorilla glass under geico replacement my glass guy waived the cost. It lasted 8 months and 20k miles before it chipped.

I got my 2022 with the gorilla glass option.

a 6-1 ratio is hard to argue with.

the gorilla glass will chip if the edge is struck. Large rocks bounce right off the center for the most part.

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
I love the gorilla head! I was just afraid that would be weird.
So I purchased my 2021 before the gorilla glass was an option. 10000 km and I have 3 chips and two separate cracks. Do you think here in Ontario I can get the gorilla glass from a windshield place? I hate to shell out what I am thinking $550 for a new windshield for it to crack weeks after the install. Not to happy with how weak the glass is. I thought my 2015 Wrangler was weak … No comparison to the Gladiator.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So I purchased my 2021 before the gorilla glass was an option. 10000 km and I have 3 chips and two separate cracks. Do you think here in Ontario I can get the gorilla glass from a windshield place? I hate to shell out what I am thinking $550 for a new windshield for it to crack weeks after the install. Not to happy with how weak the glass is. I thought my 2015 Wrangler was weak … No comparison to the Gladiator.
Did you call around? What about adding full glass coverage to your insurance and filling the cracks for free?
Sponsored