dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 20210426_181541

Here is 2000-ish pounds of soil (pretty wet and heavy). Drove it 30 miles home with no issues. Steering was uncomfortably light, and I obviously took it easy since I was overloaded. Nonethe less, I dont think this truck cares about 800 lbs.... I use mine as a work truck and it does great day to day. Granted I would not use it like this daily....

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I'm glad to see people using their truck as a truck like me. I've loaded mine some 70lbs/pc retaining wall blocks at about 1800+ lbs. total, no problem. Same as gravel at 1600 lbs. It bottoms out so I don't recommend driving it for 2 hrs. on that load. But something to keep in mind is all my load are distributed across the bed and I think that helps. Not sure if using the tail gate with some of the load of the ATV is ok. (not sure on the tail gate load capacity) Check on the Diamondback cover HD that holds ATV on it.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 20210426_181541

Here is 2000-ish pounds of soil (pretty wet and heavy). Drove it 30 miles home with no issues. Steering was uncomfortably light, and I obviously took it easy since I was overloaded. Nonethe less, I dont think this truck cares about 800 lbs.... I use mine as a work truck and it does great day to day. Granted I would not use it like this daily....
Exactly there is a huge difference between what you can safely haul 30 miles on back roads at moderate speeds and what you can safely haul 300 miles at highway speeds.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Exactly there is a huge difference between what you can safely haul 30 miles on back roads at moderate speeds and what you can safely haul 300 miles at highway speeds.
So true! and Chryslers quote is a safe figure for sustained conditions.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So true! and Chryslers quote is a safe figure for sustained conditions.
Yup. The heaviest thing I tow regularly is my utility trailer filled with gravel or dirt.

My wife's Volvo wagon is rated at 3850 lbs in europe and 3500 lbs in the US. I'm sometimes pushing 4000 lbs. It tows like a dream across town.

Would it overheat going up the rockies at 75 mph on a 90 degree day? I have no freaking idea. Ha.

anoska71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC C1500
I have a willys gladiator and I just purchased a four wheeler specifically a Polaris 850. I know there’s some posts about it but how well does it fit in the bed with the fender liners as well as any recommended ramps? How much does is sag?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I drive 4 or 5 hours at a time like this, and off road probably 2 hours. I have 23k on my Gladiator and I have done this enough times I have lost count. I have no damage and no issues. Thinking about taking it down to WV.

Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 1011201036_HDR~2

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
adding aiift bags and/or sumos spring bump stops to the rear will help your steering not feel so loose with a heavy load in the rear.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
I used to transport my 4 wheeler in the back of my 2WD Ford Ranger all the time. You will have no problems transporting your wheeler in the back of your Gladiator.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Atv in gladiator bed 1011201036_HDR~2

My Overland was doing a similar squat just the other day, so that the Wife could do her gardening, love the yard supply places that do not deliver...much much cheaper, lol

OP
OP
Kc40

Kc40

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
I have a willys gladiator and I just purchased a four wheeler specifically a Polaris 850. I know there’s some posts about it but how well does it fit in the bed with the fender liners as well as any recommended ramps? How much does is sag?
My Polaris is the base model so the width of the front wheels squeeze in between the wheel wells. Rubs but fits. I used a a two fold aluminum ramp for quads. Fits right under the Atv after you load it up. Make sure you strap it lol sags a little but nothing concerning.
Sponsored