OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
10 minutes isn't long enough. Before building mine I test drove three different times for at least a half hour each time.
Agreed. That’s why I rented one on turo for a weekend.
Sponsored

OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
This forum never ceases to amaze ...
Yeah you can say stupid shit like that all you want but the fact of the matter is I'll be taking a minimum 10k bath by swapping trucks, so it's worth a conversation. Now make some more stupid comments. Super helpful.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
With trade in values being historically high, trade it in don’t waste cash on something no potential second buyer will trust. The mods will swap over. Unless you paid sticker price for your truck you’re golden

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
Yeah you can say stupid shit like that all you want but the fact of the matter is I'll be taking a minimum 10k bath by swapping trucks, so it's worth a conversation. Now make some more stupid comments. Super helpful.
Wait so ur blaming me for something you did?

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Wait so ur blaming me for something you did?
Children children, y’all can hang out with my sons 2nd grade class if that’s the petty back and forth your into. Take that crap offline and text each other or something.

Unless you paid sticker for your truck your shouldn’t be hit that hard trading it in for what you want. All it takes is a dealer who wants some used inventory...

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
So let me see if I have this straight....you have a JT Rubicon in a standard tranny. I think it is a 4.10 geared truck with approx. 33" tires. You bumped that up to 37s and you are towing a boat with it and you are complaining that the gears are too high....is that correct? And because you have modded your JT in such a way that it is not drivable you wish to trade it in or add an auto tranny or another engine....Am I still on track?

Have you thought about re-gearing, maybe to something like a 5.88. That would seem to be by far your cheapest option and would get everything back in line to how it needs to be,,,,or you could sell the 37s and drop down o 35s. You have messed your gear ratios up and that can be fixed.

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
This is one impressive thread...... I kind of want to know what the OP had before, but then again this thread should probably die because I’m about 35% sure it’s troll...

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Yep, that’s my exact worry with the SC. The clutch can barely handle the 230lbs of torque thrown at it as is. I’ve seen it slip up around 4K a couple times.

ahhhhhhh well. Eyeballing a couple diesel wranglers near me.
If you were seriously considering the expense of an auto swap (not really a viable option) why not re-gear to 4.88, add a supercharger, and swap in a centerforce clutch? The manual should hold up to the SC with the centerforce clutch and flywheel:
https://www.centerforce.com/articles/centerforce-dual-friction-kdf157077

https://www.quadratec.com/p/centerforce/ii-clutch-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt-KCFT157077

This will run you around $11-12K total, but will make that manual pretty dam sweet. Some SC come with a 3-year warranty (do your research). The Magnuson SC (for example) produces 440hp and 380 ft-lbs of torque at the crank: https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-36-003-bl.htm

Whether or not $11-12K is a lot of money is your call and not my business. The 6.4 puts down 450 HP and 450 lb-ft of torque. Price is yet to be announced, as is the release date for the Gladiator.
Sponsored