AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Hey guys,

So I’m having the WORST time trying to decide between 35 vs 37” ridge grapplers for my Overland Gladiator.

I have on order currently 20x12 -44 Black Rhino Arsenal wheels, which I LOVE. I just can’t decide on the tires! I currently have the 35’s ordered, but then called discount tire yesterday to change to 37’s, then 2 hours later, panicked and changed back to 35’s. Now I’m debating on calling back tomorrow when they open to go back to 37’s. Please help!! Haha!

It’s my daily driver. I have 3 kids with car seats in the back. I plan to go with either a Mopar 2” lift or Rubicon Express 2.5” lift, both with fox shocks.

I really can’t decide. It’s messing with my mental health. I want the meatier tire of the 37’s but am sooooo worried about the 3.73 gears and the poor gas mileage (currently averaging 20’ish MPG). BUT, then I’m worried that I’ll get the 35’s and regret itwant to go 37’s. I reaaaaally don’t want to regear as I’m concerned about reliability long term, but I would imagine it would increase reliability. I don’t do any crazy off-roaring, I just want the look and stance of the 37’s.

I’m not really sure what I’m looking for, but I guess just real world scenarios of those of you with 37’s and 3.73 gears. Trust me, I’ve ready EVERY thread regarding this topic. I just want specific answers to my conundrum.

Thanks,
Adrian
Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hey guys,

So I’m having the WORST time trying to decide between 35 vs 37” ridge grapplers for my Overland Gladiator.

I have on order currently 20x12 -44 Black Rhino Arsenal wheels, which I LOVE. I just can’t decide on the tires! I currently have the 35’s ordered, but then called discount tire yesterday to change to 37’s, then 2 hours later, panicked and changed back to 35’s. Now I’m debating on calling back tomorrow when they open to go back to 37’s. Please help!! Haha!

It’s my daily driver. I have 3 kids with car seats in the back. I plan to go with either a Mopar 2” lift or Rubicon Express 2.5” lift, both with fox shocks.

I really can’t decide. It’s messing with my mental health. I want the meatier tire of the 37’s but am sooooo worried about the 3.73 gears and the poor gas mileage (currently averaging 20’ish MPG). BUT, then I’m worried that I’ll get the 35’s and regret itwant to go 37’s. I reaaaaally don’t want to regear as I’m concerned about reliability long term, but I would imagine it would increase reliability. I don’t do any crazy off-roaring, I just want the look and stance of the 37’s.

I’m not really sure what I’m looking for, but I guess just real world scenarios of those of you with 37’s and 3.73 gears. Trust me, I’ve ready EVERY thread regarding this topic. I just want specific answers to my conundrum.

Thanks,
Adrian
Where do you live? Like mostly flat highway driving or hills, mountains etc? Also do you plan on towing much?

I’m on 35s and 3.73 and it’s perfectly adequate for city/ flat highway driving, But as soon as I get up into the hills I can feel her struggling and jumping around gears. I’ll end up going 4.88s when I do 37s and recommend it to anyone who wants to maintain drivability in these cases. 35s are tolerable on 3.73 but 4.10 would definitely be the sweet spot here.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My Sport with 3.73 and 35s does okay, but I would have concerns with the extra mass of a 37. I may swap gears in the future, but it’s not that bad at the moment. I like 35s for the other fact that it doesn’t crowd the fenders either. I’m on a JKS 3.5 lift and l love the way it looks currently. Just because you can go bigger doesn’t mean you should. You’ll love it either way!

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Where do you live? Like mostly flat highway driving or hills, mountains etc? Also do you plan on towing much?

I’m on 35s and 3.73 and it’s perfectly adequate for city/ flat highway driving, But as soon as I get up into the hills I can feel her struggling and jumping around gears. I’ll end up going 4.88s when I do 37s and recommend it to anyone who wants to maintain drivability in these cases. 35s are tolerable on 3.73 but 4.10 would definitely be the sweet spot here.

His profile says Royal Palm FL which I believe is Palm Beach or Broward county. If its anywhere in S. FL. the largest hill in that part of the state is the land fill.

PNWGladiator

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Go with the 35’s. I just installed 315/70r17’s (34.4” tall). I would not go over 35’s on your Overland with the 3.73 gears if you ever plan to tow. And even with the 35’s, you’ll want to reprogram your speedo so the shift points aren’t off.

Here’s mine:

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! 4C256A33-0326-434E-BC00-06C13E205415
Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! 95D351C5-0E2A-472B-9566-938780EB0591

OP
OP

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Go with the 35’s. I just installed 315/70r17’s (34.4” tall). I would not go over 35’s on your Overland with the 3.73 gears if you ever plan to tow. And even with the 35’s, you’ll want to reprogram your speedo so the shift points aren’t off.

Here’s mine:

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! 95D351C5-0E2A-472B-9566-938780EB0591
I have a Tazer mini on the way. I'll definitely be doing the speedo recalibration. I have ZERO intentions of ever towing. My wife has a Durango R/T that tows 7,400 lbs. We'll be using her car for towing if the need ever arises.

His profile says Royal Palm FL which I believe is Palm Beach or Broward county. If its anywhere in S. FL. the largest hill in that part of the state is the land fill.
Yes, Palm Beach County (South Florida). No concerns for hills of any sort down here. LOL.

20x12", thats a lotta wheel.
Thank you for your contribution.

I’d go with 35’s based solely off the fact you’ve got to deal with three car seats to boot, especially if your adding the lift.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I just fear regretting not going with 37's once I see how they look. I might like the 35's, I'm just not sure.

No plans for towing. My wife has Durango R/T that has a towing capacity of 7,400 lbs. If the need ever arises, we will use her car to two. We have never needed to tow anything though, so I'm not too concerned about it. But all is FLAT and FLAT around here. I'm in South Florida.

I'm still torn here guys! Why is this so hard?!?!

wpscheel

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I'm with ya on the tough decision. All set to put 35's and be happy, then see a JT going down the highway with 37's and think, awe hell, gotta do it.
But then I want to maintain a good ride so I wanna stay with load range C and I really like the response with the factory tires and dont wanna lose too much there.
I'm 90% sure I'm gonna stay with 35's and once I pull the trigger I'm sure I'll be okay. Just making the decision is tough.

Sponsored

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
To me with that size wheel a 35 isn’t going to look right. It might make the tire look ballooned out? Just my opinion!

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

Here’s mine:

Jeep Gladiator Awful time deciding! 35 vs 37! Help! P1087776_1
What wheels do you have?

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I'm going to regear with 35s on before moving to 37s. Here's my overland with a mopar lift. Running trail grappler mts because I got them for free

What cap you running on the rear??