First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
That's now how that works. That option on the Tazer is for when you replace the axle with one without FAD or physically remove the FAD. It's just preventing the computer for looking for it. You're not sensing any vibration because the FAD is still disconnected.
The Dealer tool allows to engage the FAD, then keep it engaged and disable the system making it permentaly connected. I see after looking the Tazer option just remoeves any related codes from the system but dosent do the same as the Dealer tool. 4H auto does not engage the FAD unless commanded, stays nominally open. Would need to be in standard 4H to connect the FAD
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Were you in 2H when you disabled the FAD?

Edit: I'm not well versed on the 4Hi Auto so I went down a bit of a rabbit hole and can't find confirmation one way or the other wat the FAD does in that mode.
I have a 4xe with 4ha, can confirm it's engaged

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I disabled my FAD. (Dealer software allows this, i also belive Tazer can? Could be a lie) have for about 25k miles have never had a driveline vibration.
But you also lose 4wd because your passenger wheel won't engage. I learned the hard way by accident.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
But you also lose 4wd because your passenger wheel won't engage. I learned the hard way by accident.
No, when you disable the FAD through the oem system, yoy engage 4WD and the actuator gets locked in the engaged position before being diabled. So it acts identical to the collar kits you can buy. Just forever acts like there is no disconnect and the RF axle is solid.

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
At some point a D60 with hubs might be the best choice. But with hubs comes new wheels and rotors and rear axles. It's a rabbit hole of $$$$.
Sponsored