First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I agree, a cap with side opening doors/windows is the way to go.
The ones made for Toyota Tacoma crew cabs with 5 foot beds fit pretty well. I didn't want to spend the money and wait for the higher cost south African models. I found an ARE contractor cap for a 6 foot bed Taco and shortened it 13 inches. All in cost about $450.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas FF92F0D9-ACE2-4F97-A8A5-CDCEB6B5AD08

Do you have a thread on making this fit?? OP, if you have the capacity to do make this work it really is the best option for saving money...Well done!!

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the tri fold hard cover but now want a cap. Looks like rsi is having a giveaway
I sent a few emails to find out more details on the metal toppers, I got no response from anyone. Then I called the stateside distributor(s) I wasn't planning on buying right away and seriously thinking about RSI later. But when had someone to answer phone that had a stock of RDL toppers that made me a offer I couldn't beat I jumped on it. Mine is Gen 1 though not exact match for JT but turned out better for me. I'm sure that topper was designed for a different truck original but fits a JT too.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas 20220807_105604

Then I broke down and got a RTT too. The RTT clears the 2 100w solar panels due to being few inches above hardtop. Not ideal, I'm still not fond of the tapered in topper and not matching the lines of hardtop but I'll live with it. It's heavy-duty and worth while, I will have to replace a few gas struts before long two are not quite fully opening the side panel but it will push rest of way up and stay. Part of reason for good deal was panels was white now Line-X'ed.
I've had aluminum and fiberglass one's in past. Not a fan of fiberglass one's as much.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I really like my Alu Cab. I originally wanted the RSI but did not want to wait, was able to find the Alu Cab at a dealer not far from me. It is aluminum and one piece so very easy install and crazy light. The styling grows on you after a while and would now choose it over the RSI or Rld even if price and availability the same.

Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas 1662984266495

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
I got the ARE CX HD a few years back. I really like the way it looks. I can't contest to the long term durability, It's only been on the truck for 6-7 months. It sits in the shed most of the year due to my summer set up.

20201121_110230.jpg

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Another vote for the ARE CX. The Matte Black finish matches the "non color matched" hardtops pretty well.

I was really close to ordering a LEER cap for mine as I think it looks the most factory (frameless windows and the finish is spot on compared to an unpainted hardtop). But... LEER didn't have an option for flip up side windows and it was more expensive... so A.R.E. won.

Christoferweld

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not for everyone, but I always enjoyed making things. This took some time (especially teaching myself how to sew!), and is still a work in progress, but it works fantastic and was considerably cheaper than anything on the market comparably equipped (plus I think it looks cool - I know, subjectiveā€¦.šŸ˜)

The slide kitchen comes out easily and still allows bed use (albeit reduced somewhat with the side cabinets and 30 gallon water tank). Larger items and materials can be hauled with utility trailer if needed, which fits my needs well.

This couldā€™ve been simplified quite a bit without tent/electrics/water, propane etc., but I wanted a ready to roll platform that still allowed for some degree of utility.

Strongly encourage DIY if so inclined, itā€™s really not that difficult, and can be very rewarding in the end. šŸ‘

Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas 555D637C-BBBF-4B3C-AA98-2DD8F19FED2D

Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas F7A7F4F7-AD24-4CBD-99A9-F4ADA28246AB
Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas E848FF82-181A-4565-A9A5-A218FEAB52B8
Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas 53EF7E37-77BB-4489-B43A-D22098934AC6
Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas FB8593D0-8E35-4E19-8945-CA9073112545

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Not for everyone, but I always enjoyed making things. This took some time (especially teaching myself how to sew!), and is still a work in progress, but it works fantastic and was considerably cheaper than anything on the market comparably equipped (plus I think it looks cool - I know, subjectiveā€¦.šŸ˜)

The slide kitchen comes out easily and still allows bed use (albeit reduced somewhat with the side cabinets and 30 gallon water tank). Larger items and materials can be hauled with utility trailer if needed, which fits my needs well.

This couldā€™ve been simplified quite a bit without tent/electrics/water, propane etc., but I wanted a ready to roll platform that still allowed for some degree of utility.

Strongly encourage DIY if so inclined, itā€™s really not that difficult, and can be very rewarding in the end. šŸ‘

Very impressive work. I toyed around with the idea and did shorten a Toyota cap to fit my truck. But took the easy way out when I found a RTT for a ridiculous price. Way cheaper than the cost of materials.
Jeep Gladiator Bed cap ideas IMG_5135.JPG

Sponsored

Christoferweld

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thank you! I was really close to getting an industrial style cap, but I had this vision I couldnā€™t shake. I really dig the way yours looks and functions šŸ‘

Very impressive work. I toyed around with the idea and did shorten a Toyota cap to fit my truck. But took the easy way out when I found a RTT for a ridiculous price. Way cheaper than the cost of materials.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Everything about this is awesome. That topper looks like it should have been included on the jeep factory... Nice work!!

Wish I had the skills to pull something like that off.

Christoferweld

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Donā€™t sell yourself short, nothing magic about metal fab, just patience, practice, and desireā€¦ hell only reason I ever wanted to learn how to weld was to make Jeep parts for my old CJ5ā€¦ back then the aftermarket was primarily focused on all the ā€˜newā€™ Jeepsā€¦ the CJ7 and YJā€™s! šŸ˜‚

Seriously though, appreciate the kind words, thank you šŸ‘

Everything about this is awesome. That topper looks like it should have been included on the jeep factory... Nice work!!

Wish I had the skills to pull something like that off.

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, a cap with side opening doors/windows is the way to go.
The ones made for Toyota Tacoma crew cabs with 5 foot beds fit pretty well. I didn't want to spend the money and wait for the higher cost south African models. I found an ARE contractor cap for a 6 foot bed Taco and shortened it 13 inches. All in cost about $450.

Canā€™t beat the price ! Looks to fit well

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Is the latest hyperlink, linked to you for extra entries? Pretty smart.
? Itā€™s supposed to be a picture of the rsi cap
Sponsored