Sponsored

Bed Liner in Bolt Holes

VI JEEP

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition, 1990 Porsche 911 Carerra 4, 2x2014 HondaCRF230F
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Golf tees in holes works great if you don’t have bolts to thread in prior to getting it sprayed. Just ask installer to remove them before liner fully cures. I had Bulletliner installed and all the threads were clean when I picked it up at the end of the day.
Sponsored

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I ran into this today with factory sprayed in liner. I wanted to give you guys a little tip I did. I used a pencil tip solder gun to heat the inside of the hole. It softened the bedliner spray that had gotten into the hole up enough that it was easy to run a tap then.

ThunderfromSea

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Investments
Thank you. I bought the three chaser off Amazon ($9) and it was the best money spent. Put a little Liquid Wrench on the really gummy holes and the entire process went smoothly from there. Really appreciated this post for what should otherwise be a very easy install.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Thank you. I bought the three chaser off Amazon ($9) and it was the best money spent. Put a little Liquid Wrench on the really gummy holes and the entire process went smoothly from there. Really appreciated this post for what should otherwise be a very easy install.
Which kit did you get?

Sponsored

Stoney

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
For any future readers of this thread, the screws are M6 x 1.00.

NvrGvUp

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Innovater
After posting the same question (how to clean the threads) I found this post and other similar posts. I appreciate the responses to this post, the Gladiator Forum, and the community! Great help!

I found that the screws in the tailgate have flat sides at the first 3 or 4 threads are they are the same thread as the holes along the sides of the bed. The flat ends of the screws served as excellent thread starters/cleaners. I used a little WD-40 and the tailgate screws to clean out the Rhino-lining.

Perhaps my solution to cleaning the threads might help others.

M6 TailgateScrews.jpg

Pliny

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 13 Audi A7, 99 F250 SD
Occupation
Retired
After posting the same question (how to clean the threads) I found this post and other similar posts. I appreciate the responses to this post, the Gladiator Forum, and the community! Great help!

I found that the screws in the tailgate have flat sides at the first 3 or 4 threads are they are the same thread as the holes along the sides of the bed. The flat ends of the screws served as excellent thread starters/cleaners. I used a little WD-40 and the tailgate screws to clean out the Rhino-lining.

Perhaps my solution to cleaning the threads might help others.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Liner in Bolt Holes M6 TailgateScrews
Using one of the tailgate bolts worked well for me today when I cleaned the bedliner out of the bolt holes. I also used the M6-1.0mm thread chaser from this set: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-900198 since I had ordered it the day before NvrGvUp posted this tip. Ended up alternating between each one. The tailgate bolt seemed to "plow" most of the bedliner out of the way, then followed up by using the thread chaser to clean the remainder of the bedliner out of the threads.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Can make a chaser with a spare bolt using a dremel with the cutoff wheel. Lightly cuts 2-3 slit length wise.
Sponsored