Best Deals at Dealerships here in Socal

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I paid MSRP at Ontario. I'm going tomorrow with a friend who will also buy his Gladiator there as well. Why? They have the Gladiators in stock and he wants his right away.
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Bought my Jeep at Poway dodge Jeep. There was no spiff. I paid MSRP . Don’t pay a spiff. Turn around and walk away if they charge you one.

Welcome. I’m in Poway all the time for work

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Thank u, I too work out of Poway. I used to install solar and now do more engineering work in regards to electrical.
That’s awesome. When mine arrives we need to get a group together. Starting to see gladiators popping up

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon M/T
Occupation
Game Developer - Artist
Thousand Oaks Jeep is definitely not willing to work with anyone on deals. The dealership that brought you the $72,000 Rubicon (now reduced to $67,000 after 3 months on the lot) https://www.shaverauto.com/inventory/new-2020-jeep-gladiator-rubicon-4x4-crew-cab-1c6jjtbg2ll100852

Went in to talk shop, looking for below invoice and they will not budge even below MSRP. I get it, it's California and someone else will pay those prices. Wanted to place an order through them and they had zero interest.

Reaching out to Jesse at Claremont to see if he's willing to make a deal but so far I haven't heard back from my 2 emails.

Might end up going through the Idaho dealers who can make a quick buck.

Sponsored

lux

First Name
Lux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
SoCal dealers lost my business. I drove my brand new Gladiator back from Idaho. I couldn't find a local dealer willing to go as low as Kent at Peterson.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Thousand Oaks Jeep is definitely not willing to work with anyone on deals. The dealership that brought you the $72,000 Rubicon (now reduced to $67,000 after 3 months on the lot) https://www.shaverauto.com/inventory/new-2020-jeep-gladiator-rubicon-4x4-crew-cab-1c6jjtbg2ll100852

Went in to talk shop, looking for below invoice and they will not budge even below MSRP. I get it, it's California and someone else will pay those prices. Wanted to place an order through them and they had zero interest.

Reaching out to Jesse at Claremont to see if he's willing to make a deal but so far I haven't heard back from my 2 emails.

Might end up going through the Idaho dealers who can make a quick buck.
I bought mine from Simi Jeep on Sunday at invoice. There is a catch, they then add the stupid $1700 protection package it still was $7500 below MSRP. I live in Simi, if this deal sounds good to you i might be able to help.

Last edited:

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my Sting Grey JT Rubicon on Monday for 1% under Invoice and $500.00 Military discount with my Tread Lightly membership. I just called and got the control number and worked the deal. Purchase was from Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad, CA.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I picked up my Sting Grey JT Rubicon on Monday for 1% under Invoice and $500.00 Military discount with my Tread Lightly membership. I just called and got the control number and worked the deal. Purchase was from Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad, CA.
When you say picked up, did you order it from them? Who did you deal with there? Thanks

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
When you say picked up, did you order it from them? Who did you deal with there? Thanks
I had one on order with them that dropped out of the system after almost 10 weeks. They got in an Automatic Sting Grey JT Rubicon so I grabbed that instead of waiting for my ordered one. Call and ask for Sam in sales. They know how to handle the Tread Lightly sales now at 1% under Invoice.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I had one on order with them that dropped out of the system after almost 10 weeks. They got in an Automatic Sting Grey JT Rubicon so I grabbed that instead of waiting for my ordered one. Call and ask for Sam in sales. They know how to handle the Tread Lightly sales now at 1% under Invoice.
Thanks for the info and enjoy your rig.

medic4army

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my 2015 Wrangler. Currently I have a 2018 BMW X3 (wife's), a 2015 BMW F800GS (trying to sell this bike), and a 2019 BMW R1200 GS.
I'm waiting on my order from JStar Motors in Anaheim Hills. I've read on other boards that they will do between invoice and MSRP. I haven't negotiated pricing with them, so I'll update here once I know how they are willing to negotiate. If they don't want to work on price at all, I might just have to walk.

For those of you who purchased out of state, did you finalize on price before stepping foot in dealer? I've never bought a vehicle this way before. Any concern they will back out and you will have flown out there for nothing?

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I bought mine from Simi Jeep on Sunday at invoice. There is a catch, they then add the stupid $1700 protection package it still was $2500 below MSRP. I live in Simi, if this deal sounds good to you i might be able to help.
Thanks and I’m basically in Simi too. After Simi Jeep was advertising an optioned up Sport for almost $50K they lost my interest. Quite happy with my -7% below invoice and my road trip to Idaho. :)

Thousand Oaks Jeep is definitely not willing to work with anyone on deals.
The Bentley dealership is next door. Not surprised one bit...didn’t even bother to shop those guys.

lux

First Name
Lux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
For those of you who purchased out of state, did you finalize on price before stepping foot in dealer? I've never bought a vehicle this way before. Any concern they will back out and you will have flown out there for nothing?
I was also nervous about buying out of state but the numerous positive posts about Kent on Jeep forums reassured me. I had a positive buying experience and the price was exactly as stated. No surprises or add on.

If you don’t believe me, then watch Eddie from W*a*y*a*l*i*f*e buy a Gladiator from Kent. He seemed pretty happy with his experience:

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I had a trade that was worth more than the Rubicon that i bought. Most dealers mostly the ones out of state had no interest in my trade. Simi Jeep gave me a fair price on my trade and close to 8k below MSRP.

Maybe not the absolute best deal but my time is worth something and my deal worked for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: