Sponsored

Best Deals at Dealerships here in Socal

ndn384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, first post here but I am starting to look seriously at grabbing a Gladiator Rubicon, and i came across ads talking about Huntington Beach Jeep and the Adventure Off Road builder that's part of the dealership. Anyone have any experience ordering a jeep from them and having Adventure off road build it and then roll all of that into a sales price with a complete breakdown?

I have been reading some troubling stuff on yelp and google about them advertising super low prices and then forcing things like 4k fees on top for unwanted stuff the make you buy, so i am not personally sold on it. sounds super shady, but im willing to hear them out if others here in soCal have found them to be a good dealership.

Any thoughts on them, or should i not even waste my time?

thanks in advance!
I showed up there to buy a Gladiator that they advertised. They would not get it off the back lot and had me test drive a different one. I wanted to test out the adaptive cruise control on the freeway and they would not let me deviate from their short test drive route. Then they had $4000in fees for paint protection, some type of gps alarm and something else. They said it’s on every vehicle they have and it was not negotiable.
They did not get my business. I was really bummed out. I was there to buy a truck. I left mad.
Sponsored

macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Land Rover LR4
I showed up there to buy a Gladiator that they advertised. They would not get it off the back lot and had me test drive a different one. I wanted to test out the adaptive cruise control on the freeway and they would not let me deviate from their short test drive route. Then they had $4000in fees for paint protection, some type of gps alarm and something else. They said it’s on every vehicle they have and it was not negotiable.
They did not get my business. I was really bummed out. I was there to buy a truck. I left mad.
Thanks for the reply ndn384!

that blows, seems the online reviews all say the same. can i ask where you ended up gettting one? did you custom order or get one off the lot?

ndn384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply ndn384!

that blows, seems the online reviews all say the same. can i ask where you ended up gettting one? did you custom order or get one off the lot?
I ended up buying from Champion Jeep in Downey. They made me laugh... said the Gladiator that I showed up for was stolen... so I ended up with a launch edition for a decent price. So they did a bait and switch, but I’m happy with what I got.

macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Land Rover LR4
I ended up buying from Champion Jeep in Downey. They made me laugh... said the Gladiator that I showed up for was stolen... so I ended up with a launch edition for a decent price. So they did a bait and switch, but I’m happy with what I got.
Yea i have almost always custom ordered my vehicles, so it is going to be interesting to see how soCal jeep dealers are. I am only going to do things via email and will only go to the dealership to pick up the car and verify, then pay them the agreed on price. This will be my first Jeep purchase so it will be interesting to see how they all do whenever i end up deciding on getting it.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Yea i have almost always custom ordered my vehicles, so it is going to be interesting to see how soCal jeep dealers are. I am only going to do things via email and will only go to the dealership to pick up the car and verify, then pay them the agreed on price. This will be my first Jeep purchase so it will be interesting to see how they all do whenever i end up deciding on getting it.
I custom ordered from Rob at Coastline in San Juan Capistrano. 5% below invoice. Easy to deal with.

Sponsored

macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Land Rover LR4
Thanks for the info! Would you also recommend them for any mopar lift, snorkel, etc etc installs?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Thanks for the info! Would you also recommend them for any mopar lift, snorkel, etc etc installs?
I can’t speak to their service department since I only bought my Jeep there and drove it 500 miles back up to NorCal,

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
We had the EXACT same thing happen. Didn't bring the one I wanted over, even though we made our appointment a day in advance. Ended up driving a Rubicon instead of the Overland I was looking at. Then when I asked for my license they told me they were running my credit after I already told them I had financing through my CU at 2% and did NOT want my credit ran. I told him I was unhappy and that he did not have my permission to run my credit (I have excellent credit) and then questioned the "add ons" an off brand lojack (ummm I have great insurance and Jeep comes with uconnect) Nitogen filled tires (for multiple hundreds of dollars..yep NO) paint protection (it's WAX!!!) and ready for it...get ready....for our current day predicament.....DISINFECTANT TREATMENT (what did they do spray some freaking LYSOL??) he told me it was not negotiable as they were already "installed", but said he'd go ask the manager. The most he'd ever heard them discount was a few hundred dollars "as a favor".
We'd had enough.
When I got up to leave the Salesman got the Sales Manager and they literally followed us out of the door of the dealership, onto the lot and almost off the property, offered to drop the PRICE "add ons" from $4000 to $2300 and then offered to drop it lower if I'd just sit down and go over numbers. I declined.
They were screwing over a couple who was drooling over a dodge charger, and had told the salesman "they loved the car" "it was their dream car" and "we have bad credit" ...the salesman said "we can work with that" as I left...yuck!!

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey everyone, first post here but I am starting to look seriously at grabbing a Gladiator Rubicon, and i came across ads talking about Huntington Beach Jeep and the Adventure Off Road builder that's part of the dealership. Anyone have any experience ordering a jeep from them and having Adventure off road build it and then roll all of that into a sales price with a complete breakdown?

I have been reading some troubling stuff on yelp and google about them advertising super low prices and then forcing things like 4k fees on top for unwanted stuff the make you buy, so i am not personally sold on it. sounds super shady, but im willing to hear them out if others here in soCal have found them to be a good dealership.

Any thoughts on them, or should i not even waste my time?

thanks in advance!
Exactly the same experience for me with Huntington Beach!!! BUNCH of crooked salesmen! Bought mine from Tuttle Click in Irvine without ever stepping foot in there. I made sure I caused a scene too, wife was embarrassed but they're not playing me for a fool and I made sure potential buyers inside and outside got my input on their sales tactics.

Sponsored

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of great info on here for local dealerships in SoCal that I will definitely consider in the coming months!

Also, wanted to point out that this whole idea of buying at Peterson in Idaho really intrigued me so I started doing some research of my own. Seems a few jeep forums are talking about this dealership and there are apparently lots of out of state success stories but their Yelp is telling a completely different story. I get it, lots of jeep guys don’t even know what Yelp is but I think seeing even just a handful of terrible in depth reviews is a telling sign that something is up. Just wondering if anyone can really confirm they went that route and drove up north to buy? The reviews and info I’m finding is too mixed, seems it would be a toss up and probably not worth the drive/risk

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Lots of great info on here for local dealerships in SoCal that I will definitely consider in the coming months!

Also, wanted to point out that this whole idea of buying at Peterson in Idaho really intrigued me so I started doing some research of my own. Seems a few jeep forums are talking about this dealership and there are apparently lots of out of state success stories but their Yelp is telling a completely different story. I get it, lots of jeep guys don’t even know what Yelp is but I think seeing even just a handful of terrible in depth reviews is a telling sign that something is up. Just wondering if anyone can really confirm they went that route and drove up north to buy? The reviews and info I’m finding is too mixed, seems it would be a toss up and probably not worth the drive/risk
maybe the reviews are for all the salesmen in general at the dealership. I was thinking to drive up to the north and get the JT but with the extra 2% under invoice it would not worth it, because the drive and mileage put it into the jeep, and you need to go with their bank.
i went with Rob at Tuttle-click in Irvine with the 4% under invoice and just drove 40min

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
maybe the reviews are for all the salesmen in general at the dealership. I was thinking to drive up to the north and get the JT but with the extra 2% under invoice it would not worth it, because the drive and mileage put it into the jeep, and you need to go with their bank.
i went with Rob at Tuttle-click in Irvine with the 4% under invoice and just drove 40min
Rob at tuttle click? Do you have his info and can I quote you on that when I reach out to him? Thanks for the info!

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Rob at tuttle click? Do you have his info and can I quote you on that when I reach out to him? Thanks for the info!
of curse you can,
@RobTrachtman
C: 954-864-5162
[email protected]
[email protected]

Feel free to contact him with your BuildSheet in hand, send it over to him and he will give you back the coute. i never visited the dealership till the day the truck arrived, everything we managed over the phone/email.
Very nice Sr.
- Carlos Parra