First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Sting Grey
Occupation
Business Broker
I cannot contain my excitement for my new gladiator to come in. This will be my first jeep and I already have a short list of places and things that I want to do to break in the new truck. I'm really looking forward to that doors off top off feeling.
1) Doors Off and front freedom panels off-- might do this in the dealership lot before the drive home
2) Cruise to the beach doors off and top off. Fiesta Island probably, to run my GSP around
3) Palomar Divide Road and Nate Grade Road
4) Burns Canyon Trail from JTree to Big Bear
5) Pismo Beach
6) Ocotillo Wells 4x4 training area

Are there any places unique to Southern California that others have found or routinely enjoy?
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Youā€™re already doing Burns Canyon so you might as well add Rattlesnake Canyon and Berdoo Canyon to the list.
Brooklyn Mine, Lorman Mine, anything in the Gold Park and Old Dale Mining District.
Hell the list for SoCal would take years to see it all.
Still waiting on 2022 colors and options to be released, then maybe Iā€™ll see you on the trail. Sold my JKUS thinking the replacement would be quick.šŸ§

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I would add just about all of Anza Borrego, which is just west of Ocotillo Wells. Lots and lots to explore in a unique desert environment.

crankset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys Sport Manual Hydro Blue
Occupation
Dad
Fellow San Diegan here, with a Willys Sport on order. My first trip is going to be the Anza Trail in the Yuha Basin (East of Ocotillo, South of the 8). Easy trail for a Jeep, however I got a 2WD van stuck in a wash there back in the Spring and I need to get over that hump before I go farther afield. The oyster shell beds are fun, we discovered lots of great fossils.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TEvs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Sting Grey
Occupation
Business Broker
Thanks for the recs! Will definitely be checking these out.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Thereā€™s a ton up the 395 as well. Been all over that area. Cerro Gordo ghost town is pretty cool to check out, then continue on those trails and you can see into Death Valley while at 10,000 ft. elevation

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Trona pinnacle is beautiful but the times we went it was super windy.
yeah sunset is the worst for wind, other than that it's pretty good. every time ive gone it's been windy AF from about 6-9pm, so make sure you take down your ez up's haha. We would do a bunch of night runs at take badass night photos with and without the moon. My profile pic is of us there with a full moon in the sky!
Sponsored