Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The rebate company told me mine was ordered after the rebate period, when my invoice clearly shows before. There was a delay in shipping due to COVID, but that had nothing to do with when my credit card was charged or when I ordered it. How do I get this fixed?
Please PM me with anything you can and I will forward this to our Customer Service team to help out.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
My experience with Bestop has been positive. I bought a twill sunrider during a rebate period and had some difficulties with the company that administers the rebates. An email to Bestop customer service solved the issue: although not timely, I did receive a check.
The Sunrider is the single most enjoyable addition to my Gladiator. Even though it’s eye-watering expensive, I’d feel like I was spiting myself for boycotting the company over $100 bucks. I do believe they are a good company, and quite well thought of in the Jeep community.
I know how frustrating dealing with these types of nuisance can be, I hope it ends positive for you.

Last edited:

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
My experience with Bestop has been positive. I bought a twill sunrider during a rebate period and had some difficulties with the company that administers the rebates. An email to Bestop customer service solved the issue: although not timely, I did receive a check.
The Sunrider is the single most enjoyable addition to my Gladiator. Even though it’s eye-watering expensive, I’d feel like I was spiting myself for boycotting the company over $100 bucks. I do believe they are a good company, and quite well thought of in the Jeep community.
I know how frustrating dealing with these types of nuisance can be, I hope it ends of positive for you.
I totally agree and hope they resolve my rebate issue. I absolutely love the Sunrider top and use it almost all the time unless I am doing a long road trip. Just used it on 200 mile trip to the beach and am super happy just dropping the top to cruise down the sand. I am a raving fan of the product and hate the rebate company at this point, but like you said I would not boycott them over $100. It's a great product. That said, I still want my money and hope the customer service rep from @Bestop that reached out can resolve it for me.

nabegg

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Supervisor
As an up and coming Gladiator owner, the Sunrider was going to be one of my first upgrades. After reading this entire thread, it does appear to me that Bestop is actively trying to remedy the situation. This discussion has not changed my mind and I do believe I will keep an eye open for rebates but with caution. Thanks everyone and Bestop for helping a soon to be Jeep owner see the passion that exists with Jeep enthusiasts. I am excited to become a member.

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
Wanted to update the response from Bestop. I spoke to their management and sorted out the issues. They did take responsibility and did the right thing to make things right.

Glad I can report a successful resolution.

Sponsored

nabegg

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Supervisor
Wanted to update the response from Bestop. I spoke to their management and sorted out the issues. They did take responsibility and did the right thing to make things right.

Glad I can report a successful resolution.
I'm happy to hear this Oak, for you and Bestop. Thanks for following up.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I'm glad some here were able to get good outcomes with Bestop.
However, it's also fair to post my negative experience. I sent in a rebate for my twill sunrider purchased in July and was denied. I thought it was due to updated model or something, but turns out the twill wasn't listed as a model on the rebate available then.
Do your homework like I should have, there are lots of examples of people not getting a rebate for one reason or another.
I admit I didn't realize that model was NOT listed with many others on the form - that form was posted for all the sunriders and nowhere did the words "excludes twill" appear. There are other examples of models being rebated one week then suddenly disappearing.

So buyer beware. I would expect to pay full price for Bestop and not get any rebate. If you're happy with that then go for it.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I'm glad some here were able to get good outcomes with Bestop.
However, it's also fair to post my negative experience. I sent in a rebate for my twill sunrider purchased in July and was denied. I thought it was due to updated model or something, but turns out the twill wasn't listed as a model on the rebate available then.
Do your homework like I should have, there are lots of examples of people not getting a rebate for one reason or another.
I admit I didn't realize that model was NOT listed with many others on the form - that form was posted for all the sunriders and nowhere did the words "excludes twill" appear. There are other examples of models being rebated one week then suddenly disappearing.

So buyer beware. I would expect to pay full price for Bestop and not get any rebate. If you're happy with that then go for it.
I was officially notified that my rebate issues have been resolved. The Bestop rep personally reached out to notify me that it was resolved. I would not think twice about buying additional products AND counting on the rebate, as they do put the customer first. In addition, the Sunrider is a totally awesome top for the Gladiator and everyone should have one. It is my favorite mod so far and I have done a lot to mine.
Sponsored