Sponsored

Bestop Rebate Looks Like A Nightmare To Get My Refund

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The info posted on their own website at time i ordered clearly stated a $200 rebate....they have not honored that (going on 100days now) and appear to be double talking it away. I know what i call that.
I am aware of the $200 rebate that was offered in early April. It was withdrawn a few days after offered. I don't know what happened inside their company, but my guess is someone made a mistake, because if the difference between the two tops is $100, and the difference between the two rebates is also $100, then no one would buy the vinyl top. So someone in management realized the mistake, and changed the $200 rebate to $100. Again that is speculation on my part.
Only thing i can do now is discourage others from doing business with them and avoiding business with them in the future myself.
I had the same experience of being disappointed with not getting the $200 rebate. I reached out to Bestop, and although they did not give me the rebate, they did kindly offer a significant discount on the twill top, which I was happy to get.

So discontinuing the original $200 discount makes perfect business sense, and is entirely within their right to do. Demanding the $200 rebate and threatening to bad-mouth them is not a good strategy, IMO.

I repeat, Bestop is not shady. Someone just made a mistake on the original rebate. IMO.
Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well then I would be happy with $100 rebate but going on 100+ days and nothing ...as well as next to zero ability to tall with anyone about it. Mistakes or not...how a company handles mistakes is important....they have handled this poorly and my advice to anyone looking at doing business with them is to proceed with caution...its not a "strategy" its just honest feedback to anyone that asks. I have given up on getting anything from them.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am aware of the $200 rebate that was offered in early April. It was withdrawn a few days after offered. I don't know what happened inside their company, but my guess is someone made a mistake, because if the difference between the two tops is $100, and the difference between the two rebates is also $100, then no one would buy the vinyl top. So someone in management realized the mistake, and changed the $200 rebate to $100. Again that is speculation on my part.

I had the same experience of being disappointed with not getting the $200 rebate. I reached out to Bestop, and although they did not give me the rebate, they did kindly offer a significant discount on the twill top, which I was happy to get.

So discontinuing the original $200 discount makes perfect business sense, and is entirely within their right to do. Demanding the $200 rebate and threatening to bad-mouth them is not a good strategy, IMO.

I repeat, Bestop is not shady. Someone just made a mistake on the original rebate. IMO.
So if on Day X you visit company website Y and see a product offered with a rebate.
You order said product....print out form provided by company....indicating said rebate.
Mail in all required information.

Would you expect to get said rebate?

Reactions: Oak

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So if on Day X you visit company website Y and see a product offered with a rebate.
You order said product....print out form provided by company....indicating said rebate.
Mail in all required information.

Would you expect to get said rebate?
Yes, I would. I just happened to be aware of the mess with their rebates that happened in April, and I was addressing that situation.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
A sincere thank you to those of you who have vouched for Bestop.

Troubleshooting rebates should really not be done through a public forum because it can lead to confusion and misunderstanding, as I have misunderstood a few things mentioned here. There are a number of reasons rebates can be declined and trying to make one reason satisfy an entire thread of people is not going to go smoothly.

@rafaelsmith, in addition to the 2 issues I outlined earlier in this thread I am now putting together what I believe may have happened with yours. You made the purchase on 4/10 when we did have the 52452-17 on rebate. We pulled that product from the rebate later on in that month. You printed out the rebate form that we posted AFTER we removed that part number. I can understanding not printing out the form right away and I can send it to you. Please PM me your email address and I'll send you the form that qualifies for your purchase.

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer

Troubleshooting rebates should really not be done through a public forum because it can lead to confusion and misunderstanding, as I have misunderstood a few things mentioned here. There are a number of reasons rebates can be declined and trying to make one reason satisfy an entire thread of people is not going to go smoothly.

@rafaelsmith, in addition to the 2 issues I outlined earlier in this thread I am now putting together what I believe may have happened with yours. You made the purchase on 4/10 when we did have the 52452-17 on rebate. We pulled that product from the rebate later on in that month. You printed out the rebate form that we posted AFTER we removed that part number. I can understanding not printing out the form right away and I can send it to you. Please PM me your email address and I'll send you the form that qualifies for your purchase.

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I appreciate the response. However, I did print out the form on 4/10 so it had the correct model # listed. It is the form I mailed in.

this is one i have? :

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Rebate Looks Like A Nightmare To Get My Refund 1596125568680

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor

Lee

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Maybe it doesn't matter to you but far more people complained than defended you. Your business practice are designed to hurt the consumer. This is an ongoing issue and you still don't change the system you use. No doubt you don't change it because you benefit from the majority of consumers going away or forgetting you owe them money. The fact that you backtracked in this same thread shows your true colors.

I was able to get help from the vendor who took care of me. I will continue to praise Northridge 4x4 but I will never spend another dollar on a Bestop product and I will continue to warn people about your practices.

I get you don't care about the individual consumer, you will continue to benefit from the misleading practices even though they are so easy to avoid the ill will you create.

It's amazing the people have to keep fighting and waiting months to get refunds from you. I was sent a credit from Northridge 4x4 in less than 12 hours. They did the right thing Bestop Did Not!

So Bestop avoided honoring the $100 in the rebate fiasco but lost all my future business. That is a horrible business practice and should serve as a warning to other consumers. Bestop won the battle but lost the war...smart move Lee!

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Maybe it doesn't matter to you but far more people complained than defended you.
Of course. The entire thread was about your problems!

I think this dead horse has been hauled off the steet.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
In my experience Bestop provides a superior product to any other. The design and ease of use in the new sunrider in Twill is well worth the price of admission, its one of the best things I have added to my hard top Jeeps. Many businesses and lives were disrupted this spring. Even with that Bestop has always provided excellent customer service for me. I may not have always been happy with the up front price, but they operate as a successful business should. If an error on their part occurs, they correct it. If my soft top windows get slashed, they are able to sell me replacement windows. They won't give them to me as no business should.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Hey Guys,
We did make a change to the part number on Sunrider for Hardtop. We are aware of this and will honor the new part number, of course. We have also alerted the rebate company that handles the rebates for us. There is a chance that if you send in the paperwork early on with a mismatch part number that you'll get declined and we'll help turn that around for you. Otherwise, you should be A-OK.
Sorry for all the confusion and for any difficulty in getting a hold of our Customer Service team. This is our busy season and we are admittedly backed up in that department.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
The rebate company told me mine was ordered after the rebate period, when my invoice clearly shows before. There was a delay in shipping due to COVID, but that had nothing to do with when my credit card was charged or when I ordered it. How do I get this fixed?

OP
OP

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I got a call from Larry Lyons at this number 817-233-2949. Maybe he will help you. I keep playing phone tag with him.

Flying J

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Just received my rebate yesterday. $200 on a debit card,
Sponsored