Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Alright guys, based on some feedback we're lowering the top a bit to better match the hardtop. This will add a few weeks before launch but we should still have this available very soon :) If you need an option within the next few weeks, SofTopper is a great choice. Otherwise we'll have this available for order soon.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

jpelliott10

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU, 2020 Gladiator
Alright guys, based on some feedback we're lowering the top a bit to better match the hardtop. This will add a few weeks before launch but we should still have this available very soon :) If you need an option within the next few weeks, SofTopper is a great choice. Otherwise we'll have this available for order soon.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Why not make two versions? I'm wanting one that exactly lines up with my soft top.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Why not make two versions? I'm wanting one that exactly lines up with my soft top.
@Bestop , I know you can't make everyone happy, but please consider this; especially if you're already 95% there on the higher version.

Sponsored

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
I may be alone on this one, but my dream is a twill topper with closely matched line to my premium twill soft top, and forget the hard top folks. So I hope it IS too tall in the photo :CWL:
Same. The Softopper already matches the hardtop. We need something that is a close match to the OEM premium soft top.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop

JT ST4T one REAL down stack.jpg

JT ST4T one REAL.jpg
I am not sure how useful that folding pattern would be IRL use of the truck.

Could you manage a scissor type fold without impacting the side access when up, to make it fold flat-ish for easy storage when not in use?

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Whoa there! I was stoked about it matching up perfectly with my premium soft top!

mikepatrisso

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator // Volvo XC70

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I’ve been looking forward to this new bestop for the better part of a year, because the softopper does not line up with my soft top. I will not be purchasing this now that I’ve learned it’s being redesigned in the 11th hour to match a hard top I do not or will not own. Very disappointing that it’s exactly what I want in its current form but last minute decision making (with no buyer feedback/consideration) means it’s being snatched away from us last minute. So very disappointing. Thanks for nothing.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I’m planning on getting a soft top, bought a hard top, there weren’t any Willys soft tops within 250 miles (per the jeep site) and I like hard tops for winter..... anyway I’d be interested in a taller one too, plus one for the “both” vote....

And while I’m at it, a bestop “aftermarket” soft top.... 😁👍

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Eh.... It's a bed softopper. Already a few of them on the market already. If you want to change the game, create an aftermarket soft top so we'll have other options besides the factory MOPAR soft top. You'll definitely be ahead of the competition.

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@best

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I have also been waiting ever since you guys first posted about a topper as it appeared to fit with the factory soft top lines. However if you guys happen to redesign it to fit with the hardtop instead like every other option that is currently out on the market I will not consider bestop as an option and wait until someone finally does (if ever). Please offer an option for either hardtop/softop users.

Freepbr4me

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
I will be waiting for one to integrate with my soft top with the rear window removed. Then my dogs can be in the back and at least slightly air conditioned.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
"Thanks!"???
No Thanks! This makes ZERO sense. The softopper matches the Hard top, and you teased a version that perfectly matches the Soft Top. Why have two competing products for the same application? I understand that the hard top has a greater take rate, but I would absolutely NOT choose a bed cover that doesn't match the soft top.

Last edited:

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
So it will not match a soft top, similar to the already available Softopper.
Sponsored