Broken body mount weld

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Can you send link to that video where it shows the nuts? I just had a nut break free while removing the body mount bolts, got it put back together by tack welding it in place but would love to see a diagram of the nut
Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
The dealer is going to fix it under warranty this coming week.
@SwampNut Do you have a scan of the invoice/work order from the dealer stating your issue and that they warrantied it? I can take that to my dealership and show them how to do it and warranty it. I would owe you big for that.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Sorry, no, I got nothing in writing from them. Walked up, got the keys, left. I guess that sounds weird as I say it, but it's how they did it. They also washed it!

But my SA didn't even hesitate at all when I went in and said, "You're not going to believe this, but..." And he was aware of the problem, had seen it before, and literally simply said, "when do you want to bring it in?" So I'd get in touch with your SA if you have one assigned, or anyone in service, and see how it goes before thinking it will be hard to get it handled. And let me know how it goes, I'm curious.

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SwampNut Thanks Carlos, I will see what they say. If not, I'll make a road trip to AZ to get fixed at yours. We'll do a trail run when I get done. Can I setup a tent in your garage LOL. What dealership and SA do you have?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
LOL! Honestly, I've invited bikers and Jeepers to stay here many times, it's always open and always a good time.

(If good time for you includes a lot of Jeeping, shooting, drinking whisky, and talking BS.)

My dealer is Moore in Peoria, AZ, and the SA is Mike Harrington. He's been my go-to since 2014 (I'm on my third Jeep). Stuff just gets taken care of, and he's a Jeeper himself.

Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL! Honestly, I've invited bikers and Jeepers to stay here many times, it's always open and always a good time.

(If good time for you includes a lot of Jeeping, shooting, drinking whisky, and talking BS.)

My dealer is Moore in Peoria, AZ, and the SA is Mike Harrington. He's been my go-to since 2014 (I'm on my third Jeep). Stuff just gets taken care of, and he's a Jeeper himself.
I'm only 5 hours away so be careful what you offer. Jeeps, guns, whiskey? That sounds horrible, just horrible. Because of those horrible conditions, I would only stay for like 2 years....maybe 3

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I actually have guns stored for two Californians whose stuff became illegal there. They come out to wheel and enjoy some freedom every few months. One has a Toyota, but hey, I still associate with him.

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually have guns stored for two Californians whose stuff became illegal there. They come out to wheel and enjoy some freedom every few months. One has a Toyota, but hey, I still associate with him.
LOL. I used to own a gun store in Escondido California. I know many California guns stored there in Arizona. 90% of the funs in this state aren't legal here.

OP
OP
davetha

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
LOL. I used to own a gun store in Escondido California. I know many California guns stored there in Arizona. 90% of the funs in this state aren't legal here.
My dealer didn't want to touch it because they didn't have anyone certified to do that sort of repair and recommended using a body shop or welding shop etc.. I have some info around that, including a check from Jeep.

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer didn't want to touch it because they didn't have anyone certified to do that sort of repair and recommended using a body shop or welding shop etc.. I have some info around that, including a check from Jeep.
Did jeep give you a letter stating that the check was for warranty work?

Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Bump so I can find this later.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Alright, so I just went down this road last night. I was on my last bolt for installing rock rails. Like an idiot in a hurry, I started the rear body mount bolt by hand then hit it with the impact.

The bolt let loose but there was no signs of it be stripped/damaged in anyway. I fed it back up through the mount and it went in the entire way with out engaging anything. I tried to shine a flashlight up the mount but it was tough sledding since it’s such a long corridor. I admitted defeat and went to bed.

This morning I decided to give it another go. When shining the flashlight under the jeep I noticed a square cutout next to the body mount. Wouldn’t you know it, I could see a piece of what looked like a nut. I used my finger to slide it towards the body mount location. I got it over far enough that I could then see part of it through the body mount hole.

Next, I very carefully fed a barbecue skewer through the hole and gently finagled the bolt back into location. After carefully inserting the body mount bolt and gently turning, it caught and I was able to tighten it.

My best guess is there is a nut tack welded on top of #5 in this illustration.

9F4192C1-9564-4953-B69E-409F9A97C715.png

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
What was the fix as my driver side rear it’s broke free? Did the dealer have to make a hole in the tub to fix or was there another way?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I don't know what they did. Nothing is super obvious but I didn't pull up the carpets to see if they cut from the top.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
The dealer is going to fix it under warranty this coming week.
do you remember getting anything in writing that I can reference with my dealership ? Having an issue with the rear drivers mount coming loose. Thanks
Sponsored