Sponsored

Bronco Truck vs Gladiator

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I actually think they were going for gas mileage with the 3.5. Mine was better on gas than the older 4.0L in Tacoma/FJ and its better than the Gladiator but 100% agree wrong motor for a truck.
100%, and I dunno about you but with the 6MT I never wanted more power any more than I have in the Gladiator. With the AT the gearing was way too tall for that double OD but it was all in the sake of squeezing out those MPGs for Toyota's CAFE numbers. Regearing the automatic to where the MT was makes it a totally different truck.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
On the long list of things Ford doesn't seem to be able to do, I guess they figured they would scrap that one before they went underwater.

I've seen several on the streets lately, and they are going to need a massive amount of mods to not look like shit. The pictures are not an honest representation, yes I'm biased, yes they still look like shit.

Not even a little impressed.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
On the long list of things Ford doesn't seem to be able to do, I guess they figured they would scrap that one before they went underwater.

I've seen several on the streets lately, and they are going to need a massive amount of mods to not look like shit. The pictures are not an honest representation, yes I'm biased, yes they still look like shit.

Not even a little impressed.
I don't know if I'd say they look like shit, but yes, they are very underwhelming in person.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
https://jalopnik.com/dead-the-ford-bronco-pickup-that-never-was-report-1847559065

Different source. Cites anemic Gladiator sales on launch as a likely factor. That is 1000000000% shitty dealers bagging sales by marking up over MSRP. I tried to shop Gladiators when they first came out, but was told to get lost or pay a ridiculous premium. I walked without hesitation because shitty dealers are shitty.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
^^^ THIS.
The Gladiator didnā€˜t sell well EXACTLY for the above reasons. They were initially loaded LEs mostly with 60k stickers and dumbass dealers trying to get 10k ADM. Why I waited and in a couple model years able to get a 61k Mojave for 53k. At 53k itā€™s a helluva value imo.

Agyoung35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Tbh with the release of the maverick they should have moved the Ranger back to overseas only and released a bronco pickup here. It could have gotten the off-road price premium and avoided splitting sales with the ranger.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I don't know if I'd say they look like shit, but yes, they are very underwhelming in person.
Obviously a personal opinion I don't expect everyone to share, particularly people who have been sporting an unrequited Bronco boner for a year now.

Appears to me marketing was using forced perspective to make it apear larger and more robust than it actually is.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
I would have liked to see a Bronco truck, but I wasn't going to wait until 2024 or later to try one in comparison to the Gladiator. The gladiator fixed it's biggest weakness in my mind anyways which was the 3.6 (I know lots of people like it and it's a good engine, just not my favorite). I'd take the diesel 3.0 vs either of the Ford options, maybe a 5.2 voodoo with the manual would sway me though :involve:

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
i just looked over the new bronco, it's not really a mid-size, it's a full size, it's so much wider than a jeep, so they don't really compare, if they made a truck out of it it would compete against the 1/2 tons imo...the wrangler will win this war easily by staying mid-size or smaller and solid front axle
Sponsored