First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
That looks stout. Would love to see how the side brackets work and where they bolt up.
Still boxed up, waiting on warmer weather to do the install, I've been studying you pics closely on another winch thread.... But I can bust it open tomorrow and post a pic of the instruction manual concerning the fitment of those parts if it's available , if you like ???
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Still boxed up, waiting on warmer weather to do the install, I've been studying you pics closely on another winch thread.... But I can bust it open tomorrow and post a pic of the instruction manual concerning the fitment of those parts if it's available , if you like ???
Some day I may pull the front end apart again as I found some rust on a couple of the bolts holding the winch plate that came with my bumper and now that I've seen it it's driving me nuts. I may if I can make some spare money upgrade the plate at the same time just because I can (although recently signing up for Medicare means an extra 400+ a month coming out of my account. For the last 5 years my unused sick leave pay has been paying for my health insurance - that ends when I'm 65 next month and it's a huge impact on my budget. I never figured Medicare would actually break the bank and be many times more expensive!

We hit the deep freeze again this coming week as we usually do after a winter storm so no work for a few days.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Some day I may pull the front end apart again as I found some rust on a couple of the bolts holding the winch plate that came with my bumper and now that I've seen it it's driving me nuts. I may if I can make some spare money upgrade the plate at the same time just because I can (although recently signing up for Medicare means an extra 400+ a month coming out of my account. For the last 5 years my unused sick leave pay has been paying for my health insurance - that ends when I'm 65 next month and it's a huge impact on my budget. I never figured Medicare would actually break the bank and be many times more expensive!

We hit the deep freeze again this coming week as we usually do after a winter storm so no work for a few days.
They got you bent over. They take $170 a month and Aetna takes another $27 a month for the other parts. I'll be 66 in March.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
$400 a month for Medicare. Wow!
We get ripped off on the exchange rate USD to CAD, but not on healthcare costs. Thatā€™s a tough one to swallow once a person retires.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I would echo this. Do not skimp on the winch plate.

The bumper doesn't handle the force though - the winch plate does and if you use a snatch block and double-back, whatever you hook back to handles half the load.
Unless you mean the fairlead part.........??

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
$400 a month for Medicare. Wow!
We get ripped off on the exchange rate USD to CAD, but not on healthcare costs. Thatā€™s a tough one to swallow once a person retires.
Medicare is 80% coverage, $170/month. That doesn't cover drugs, vision, hearing, dental - and again, only 80% of your medical costs at best after a crazy deductible.
I plugged in my two meds and add on top of that, a grand a year for the drugs because of the huge co-pays and deductible.
I was lucky my unused sick leave times my hourly salary after I retired came up to over 44K and paid for my insurance up to age 65. It stops now........... so it's all on me.

I would echo this. Do not skimp on the winch plate.
The one that comes with the bumper I have is decent, especially if the side braces or brackets are mounted properly............ but............ I'm thinking of saving up for the WARN plate since I will likely pull things apart to take care of the rust on the bolts I saw. It's already driving me nuts.
I figure if I have bothered to take the bumper off, it's only minutes to swap out the winch plate at that point.
I'm hoping to see pics of the Warn winch plate installed on a JT to see how those side brackets bolt to the frame, which holes they use and so on as I have a front receiver that uses several holes in that area and plan on a blade for next winter, which will also need some stuff bolted to the frame.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I will look to see if I have pics for you. I don't know how much I documented my install. I was running to the hardware store a few times to finish my winch install. I can tel you the Warn plate is stout and works will with the Mopar Steel Bumper. Weirdest part of the install was using zip ties to hold up the plate while you assemble everything.

Medicare is 80% coverage, $170/month. That doesn't cover drugs, vision, hearing, dental - and again, only 80% of your medical costs at best after a crazy deductible.
I plugged in my two meds and add on top of that, a grand a year for the drugs because of the huge co-pays and deductible.
I was lucky my unused sick leave times my hourly salary after I retired came up to over 44K and paid for my insurance up to age 65. It stops now........... so it's all on me.

The one that comes with the bumper I have is decent, especially if the side braces or brackets are mounted properly............ but............ I'm thinking of saving up for the WARN plate since I will likely pull things apart to take care of the rust on the bolts I saw. It's already driving me nuts.
I figure if I have bothered to take the bumper off, it's only minutes to swap out the winch plate at that point.
I'm hoping to see pics of the Warn winch plate installed on a JT to see how those side brackets bolt to the frame, which holes they use and so on as I have a front receiver that uses several holes in that area and plan on a blade for next winter, which will also need some stuff bolted to the frame.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will look to see if I have pics for you. I don't know how much I documented my install. I was running to the hardware store a few times to finish my winch install. I can tel you the Warn plate is stout and works will with the Mopar Steel Bumper. Weirdest part of the install was using zip ties to hold up the plate while you assemble everything.
I used a floor jack under the winch plate to hold it up in place and set the side bracket to frame bolts in. I put bolts through the plate and front ends of the frame to help while I mounted the winch and bolted the plate to the frame along the sides. Then I took out the front bolts that held it up to the ends of the frame, left the floor jack under the plate and put the bumper in place. Everything slid right together.

I put a floor jack under the winch plate, removed those silver bolts at the front ends of the frame, and put the bumper in place. The brackets at each side of the plate were bolted to the frame holding things steady.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper and winch 20201014_161814_HDR

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I watched this video before I installed mine. It went well working alone. I used the warn mount 101255 and the warn 12k evo winch. I was not in a big rush to get it done but still finished installing it in 4 hours. It to another 4 hours installing the switches, relays and solenoid.

Jeep Gladiator Bumper and winch 20211228_143218

Looks good!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I watched this video before I installed mine. It went well working alone. I used the warn mount 101255 and the warn 12k evo winch. I was not in a big rush to get it done but still finished installing it in 4 hours. It to another 4 hours installing the switches, relays and solenoid.

That warn mount looks like it's stronger than the bumper itself. That thing is made crazy tough.

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military

20211228_103142.jpg

20211228_143218.jpg
Question for you. Did you remount these brackets along woth the winch plate and bumper? I was just wrapping up my install and didnā€™t see remounting those in the instructions and now my rear skid plate bolts have no nuts to thread Into... got me scrtaching my head about wether or not I need to pull everything off and remount those guys... smh.

C8CE29E8-6762-44AE-BAB6-5EF19A49E27A.jpeg

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Question for you. Did you remount these brackets along woth the winch plate and bumper? I was just wrapping up my install and didnā€™t see remounting those in the instructions and now my rear skid plate bolts have no nuts to thread Into... got me scrtaching my head about wether or not I need to pull everything off and remount those guys... smh.

C8CE29E8-6762-44AE-BAB6-5EF19A49E27A.jpeg
Yes. I recounted those brackets. And yes, that step was not in the instructions. Once everything was loosely assembled. I was hoping to slide the winch forward a bit for more clearance to the grill. However, I was lucky to have enough room. Others have enlarged the mount holes to move the winch forward.
Jeep Gladiator Bumper and winch 20211228_143252
Sponsored