Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
<rant on>

Not that it stops me from “upgrading” my truck, but man- everything I order seems to be JUNK.

Wish more companies could be like my gorhino steps with bedliner finish. They costs a few $$ more than the usual suspects, but look like they are as solid as the work you’d expect from linex etc.

Or- the stuff I’ve gotten from motobilt. They come raw, but the build quality is top notch. Then I can be in charge of the finish and how good id like it to be.

For the price, it’s not unreasonable to expect a product to last more than 6 months without beginning to rust. We aren’t talking parts that get used and abused, just normal items. We (consumers) shouldn’t expect to buy a powder coated product and then need to touch it up or sand it down and refinish it after a short period of time. Of course we are all more than capable, but that’s not the point.

-NFab steps- trash and would disintegrate in 2 years

-Arcus bumper - give it a B+. Overall it’s “ok” but still plenty of surface rust spots showing after 7 months

- Reaper skid plate - B- as it’s solid steel, but plenty of rust. At least it’s a skid plate and made for abuse and I can hit it with flat black. This one I don’t lose any sleep over.

- Bilstein shocks - ITS A SHOCK IN A WHEEL WELL, why the hell do these things pit and corrode??

<rant off>
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm convinced NFab does all their product testing in Arizona and never once considered that anywhere else has any humidity. It's all anecdotal, but I've seen countless people complain about NFabs rusting to hell and back in 6 months or less.

Ask for a warranty refund. They do apparently honor their warranty, which is amazing considering the failure rate is abysmal. You'd think all those warranty refunds would put them out of business.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I'm convinced NFab does all their product testing in Arizona and never once considered that anywhere else has any humidity. It's all anecdotal, but I've seen countless people complain about NFabs rusting to hell and back in 6 months or less.

Ask for a warranty refund. They do apparently honor their warranty, which is amazing considering the failure rate is abysmal. You'd think all those warranty refunds would put them out of business.
I agree. I partly blame mega sites like extreme terrain (who own about a dozen others.) You go on a site of theirs and search steps and NFab is always on top as seller and ratings. Easy to be fooled into believing you can’t go wrong. Hell, you get them and they are solid, easy to mount, look sharp and function well. You’d think it would be cheaper to raise the price by $99 and put a solid finish on them vs returns.
I was in that boat and sent them back for a refund. Was quoted $2-400 by linex which undoubtedly would have made them a good step, but not worth the money.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Bilsteins don’t pit and corrode. See, perfect after 5 years.
Jeep Gladiator Bunch of Junk! 11F6AA15-51D6-4671-B644-678DE20AF9D7

Those and Kings need coated if you live in the northeast. Obviously, I didn’t posses that information at the time I installed them on my jk. If yours aren’t too far gone, pull em, and hit them with sharkhyde or some other protective clear.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Mine aren’t there…yet. I had a plan for that however.

Wanted Falcon or King but bought these. When these rust I will tell my wife they are unsafe and how I can’t believe it happened. Will tell her I wish I had bought a higher quality shock from the beginning. Boom, Kings.

Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Wanted Falcon or King but bought these. When these rust I will tell my wife they are unsafe and how I can’t believe it happened. Will tell her I wish I had bought a higher quality shock from the beginning. Boom, Kings.
Well played sir!

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
What gets me is when they dont include or use bolts that are stainless. Even if a product is crap, atleast include stainless hardware...

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager

This is why I need 40's. 37's just aren't safe. See how the steering wheel moves as I hit a bump? could you imagine how bad it would be if it were a larger bump?????? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
This is one of the many reasons why I try to get as many of the upgrades I want from the factory. Rarely do I find aftermarket stuff that is better quality than the factory options.

That said, I am supper happy with my Truxedo tonneau. Probably happier than I would be with any of the factory options, which I tried to order but were not available at the time.

Also, a 6 month car wash pass as soon as they start salting helps a ton with the rust prevention.

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
This is one of the many reasons why I try to get as many of the upgrades I want from the factory. Rarely do I find aftermarket stuff that is better quality than the factory options.

That said, I am supper happy with my Truxedo tonneau. Probably happier than I would be with any of the factory options, which I tried to order but were not available at the time.

Also, a 6 month car wash pass as soon as they start salting helps a ton with the rust prevention.
I’ve got an Access Lorado™️soft cover on my
truck and it’s worth every premium penny they charge. Top notch front to back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMC-SSGT

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
This is why I need 40's. 37's just aren't safe. See how the steering wheel moves as I hit a bump? could you imagine how bad it would be if it were a larger bump?????? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!
Exactly why I have core 4x4 control arms all around as well as track bars. It’s for the kids, keeps the kids safe. Theyre orange like my other accents as it makes the truck more visible and safe.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I agree entirely. 75% of the parts I buy that come "powder coated" have a garbage coat on them. It really is annoying.

I did a really thorough prep and rattle can rustoleum job on my TnT front bumper on my TJ 8 years ago and it's held up better than almost any part that came to me "professionally powder coated."

I just spend the extra on raw aluminum everything now, if it's available.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

Both King and Falcon are a stiffer shock

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I agree entirely. 75% of the parts I buy that come "powder coated" have a garbage coat on them. It really is annoying.
My 4x4 mechanic told me to never buy anything pre powder coated unless it's specifically from the US and a reputable firm. Not anything rah rah 'murrica... but the Chinese powder coatings are crap and you will spend more time and money removing and redoing. There are some made in America companies who will powder coat in house, or use a reputable shop local to them.
Sponsored