First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear about the broken window and all the flying glass. Just on the off chance this becomes an issue with other owners, you should probably bring it to the attention of your Jeep dealer. Unless they covered it as a goodwill gesture, I think it would be hard to pursue as a warranty claim.

My wife's Transit Connect had a long hairline fracture in one of the rear side windows that I was convinced was some sort of stress fracture from a manufacturing defect or defective glass. One of the Ford dealers who looked at it was able to see a very tiny nick in the outside of the glass that was likely the result of a pebble or small bit of debris hitting the window. We put off dealing with it for a while, but finally just had it replaced as part of our insurance company's glass coverage.
Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Sorry to hear about this. Before purchasing the gladiator, we rented a Jeep sport on a drive through upstate NY, and up to Montreal. Had the freedom tops out and a small rock flew in and hit my 8 yr old son in the back seat. We had no idea where it came from. Fortunately, it wasn't moving very fast and he was fine, but it was kinda scary. I've had it happen to me on motorcycles too, where a stone just seems to come out of the clear blue sky. I'm sure these must be kicked up by other vehicles which may be out of sight a the time of impact.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to hear about this. Before purchasing the gladiator, we rented a Jeep sport on a drive through upstate NY, and up to Montreal. Had the freedom tops out and a small rock flew in and hit my 8 yr old son in the back seat. We had no idea where it came from. Fortunately, it wasn't moving very fast and he was fine, but it was kinda scary. I've had it happen to me on motorcycles too, where a stone just seems to come out of the clear blue sky. I'm sure these must be kicked up by other vehicles which may be out of sight a the time of impact.
At speed there's no difference between a pebble and a bee

Deleted member 23202

I knew of someone that swerved around an animal and into the breakdown lane and had a thin, metal piece of a windshield wiper blade flip up and go through his windshield and into his skull. He later died.
I’ve had a big rock thrown from my front tire and bounce off the side mirror to hit me in the temple. I thought someone had shot me, until I found the rock in my lap with blood on it. Nearly crashed.
Weird things happen....

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I had a giant bee fly in my sunrider top the other day. No broken glass but weird things come in. Fortunately, he flew out as well.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I’ve had a big rock thrown from my front tire and bounce off the side mirror to hit me in the temple. I thought someone had shot me, until I found the rock in my lap with blood on it. Nearly crashed.
Weird things happen....
My wife was actually giving me hell the other day about Jeep windshields be rock magnets. (Ive had the Jeep 6 months and already have a crack in it.)
But along your lines, pulled out of our gravel road onto blacktop highway and was giving it the beans when I watched a rock fly from my front left tire up in the air and at the speed I was going it came down and bounced off the corner of the hood and ricochet into the oncoming lane. Fortunately no one was coming the other way.

so yes, weird stuff happens all the time.

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

Today I was driving with the freedom panels off and all of a sudden the middle piece of the back window exploded. I was just driving at about 50-55. This should not have happened. My wife, dog, and I were both covered in glass with multiple shards of glass in our skin.

Has this happened to anyone? I feel like this is a manufacture problem. This is a serious safety concern for me and my family.
Do you have any enemies.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
there have been multiple instances of the F150 rear window self imploding. Maybe a google search will give you some answers. Likely manufacturing process as earlier mentioned.

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
Aren't vehicle windows made out of laminated safety glass so they don't shatter?
Only the windshield is laminated safety glass. The side and rear window's are tempered glass and designed to shatter into small squarish pieces if you need to exit in the case of an accident that renders the door(s) inoperable or if you are incompasitsted and rescuers need to break a window to extract you.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Only could have gone better had I not misspelled expertly smh

E75A7C8E-0CB6-4F41-9522-9C7E2CA295CF.jpeg
mis spellings have become a way of life for me. haha. I swear I didn't type half the words I post.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
So would opening the back "port hole" when the front tops are off help this air pressure thing? Or not?

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
The cab is a low pressure zone while driving at highway speeds relative to the air around the vehicle so it makes sense it'd be sucked forwards
I had a JK that one day the side glass in my hard top just shattered and was pushed out. I notice when I drive with windows in a certain Position I’ll start to hear buffering kind of a thud sound then I’ll open a window and it goes away. I think it is creating some type of vortex inside and causing pressure to build. Maybe we have some scientist on here could answer
Sponsored