Sponsored

Can Aftermarket suppliers start doing this please?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Hmm, well, there definitely is some truth in your words, but you shouldn’t take it so critical because everyone wants to earn as much as possible and sometimes everyone forgets about morality and ethical standards. For example, I recently chose a tractor for a garden in a store and the seller sold me one model with a defect and said that it works fine. This is a good example of my words. After that I had to return this product to pick up my money and already see the rating of the best tractors for the garden on the independent site https://www.growgardener.com. So always be careful!
Que?

I'm not seeing the connection. My solution is more like marry poppins singing about sugar making the medicine easier, not a rant about why is everything so over priced.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Dangerous, very dangerous. But how do you cover the funds? Do they agree to make small stealth purchases over a period of days so it looks like coffee etc?
It's simple. Don't ever let your wife see what you use on the credit card , I hide them from mine :LOL:

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The wives or the cards?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Word to the wise: If your significant other doesn’t support your hobbies the next one will. :champagne:
V2: Take time to teach your wife that your interests and hobbies are important to both of you. Support hers and get her to support yours. Otherwise see V1 (above).

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Separate bank accounts and direct percentage of income division of bills between me and my wife have not made us argue over any money issue the last 20+ years of marriage. None of this hiding from the other or getting permission stuff when either one wants to buy something.
Same here for the last 30 years. Has worked great for both of us

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Dangerous, very dangerous. But how do you cover the funds? Do they agree to make small stealth purchases over a period of days so it looks like coffee etc?
Vendors should have some stealth billing names that show up on the credit card receipt like "Fluffy Friends Charity" similar to strip club ATMs (not that I know anything about that).

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Vendors should have some stealth billing names that show up on the credit card receipt like "Fluffy Friends Charity" similar to strip club ATMs (not that I know anything about that).
Some do. I had a friend who worked in CC fraud some time back. There were some massage parlors (I am using that name in the loosest way) that were setup with names that would be misleading when read on a statement.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Separate bank accounts and direct percentage of income division of bills between me and my wife have not made us argue over any money issue the last 20+ years of marriage. None of this hiding from the other or getting permission stuff when either one wants to buy something.
3 accounts here. Yours, mine, and ours. Ours is named Bill. All the bills (except cc) get paid by Bill. Bill is a greedy jerk and spends alot. Bill gets more from me each week because I make more. Anyway, she pays her cc with her account, and I pay my cc with my account. No money arguments or evil eye here.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
3 accounts here. Yours, mine, and ours. Ours is named Bill. All the bills (except cc) get paid by Bill. Bill is a greedy jerk and spends alot. Bill gets more from me each week because I make more. Anyway, she pays her cc with her account, and I pay my cc with my account. No money arguments or evil eye here.
Me and my wife just keep it to our own accounts. We have online transfer and deposit permissions to each others account but neither of us can pull from each others account. If one of us needs money to help the other one, it is just a easy online transfer.

I will say the arraignment of separate accounts only works if both are fully employed and/or wages are comparable and within a third of what the other makes. If there is a high percentage spread of income between the two, then it get dicey. The doctor or lawyer that marries a Hooters Waitress is not going to have it so well in trying to make a separate bank account situation work.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
We’ve always had just one set of accounts. Over the years there have been some “discussions” but overall things have been great.
As for the income parity needed in order to make it work. We’ve traded over the years as to who was the highest wage earner but now that I’m her “Trophy Husband” and retired she definitely makes more than me ...and you know what? I’m OK with that!

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Me and my wife just keep it to our own accounts. We have online transfer and deposit permissions to each others account but neither of us can pull from each others account. If one of us needs money to help the other one, it is just a easy online transfer.

I will say the arraignment of separate accounts only works if both are fully employed and/or wages are comparable and within a third of what the other makes. If there is a high percentage spread of income between the two, then it get dicey. The doctor or lawyer that marries a Hooters Waitress is not going to have it so well in trying to make a separate bank account situation work.
My wife and I are the same. Fully sperate accounts. I make double what she does so I pay the house payment and utilities and insurances, she pays for groceries, her car, and own CC. It works out great. When she needs help with expenses I just transfer money.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I feel like the odd man out, but my wife and I have our income flow into a central set of accounts that we have for bills, savings, investments and retirement. We manage our money and budget together, and have two shared credit cards (one for backup). We have budgets for transportation, vacation, food, clothing, kids activities, entertainment, etc, so if there is anything that I want for the Jeep or boats, I would simply have to make sure I did not outspend the transportation budget. If we want to spend over budget we just have a simple conversation. It has worked for us for 17 years.

I guess what works for one, might not work for another.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
V2: Take time to teach your wife that your interests and hobbies are important to both of you. Support hers and get her to support yours. Otherwise see V1 (above).
I totally agree with this. My wife was raised in LA and had never hunted or fished in her life. Now she's a straight fly fishing, hunting, hillbilly. lol. But truthfully would have never worked if she didn't have the same hobbies as me, and vice versa. She is the one that wanted the jeep lifted with 37's. But.......I still keep a lot of the prices to myself as this will give her ammunition to spend the same amount on clothes and it truly pains me to buy more than we already do. lol

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I feel like the odd man out, but my wife and I have our income flow into a central set of accounts that we have for bills, savings, investments and retirement. We manage our money and budget together, and have two shared credit cards (one for backup). We have budgets for transportation, vacation, food, clothing, kids activities, entertainment, etc, so if there is anything that I want for the Jeep or boats, I would simply have to make sure I did not outspend the transportation budget. If we want to spend over budget we just have a simple conversation. It has worked for us for 17 years.

I guess what works for one, might not work for another.
we are set up much the same, there is the spreadsheet where it all gets logged and tracked, the accounts where it gets deposited and paid from. We have discretionary funds and in the end it works well. Do I want to drop all the monies on toys? Yes but when you have to pay for camp and school and all the other things, you plan ahead and budget; it’s not like the mountains are going anywhere.