Sponsored

Can JScan detect if i have modules and antenna for remote start?

realcfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Looking to see if jscan can scan to see if my JT has "parts" already installed, even though I do not have factory remote start as an option when I bought my JT.. I have read a few times that with chip/parts shortages when these are being built some or most of the modules, etc are installed.. perfect example, my vin says I do not have power to my visors for lighted vanity mirrors and homelink, but I do have correct connectors, and lighted visors.. so I'm hoping there's a way to see if I have remote start, minus the fobs and flash
Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Looking to see if jscan can scan to see if my JT has "parts" already installed, even though I do not have factory remote start as an option when I bought my JT.. I have read a few times that with chip/parts shortages when these are being built some or most of the modules, etc are installed.. perfect example, my vin says I do not have power to my visors for lighted vanity mirrors and homelink, but I do have correct connectors, and lighted visors.. so I'm hoping there's a way to see if I have remote start, minus the fobs and flash
Did you ever figure this out?
I'm looking to add remote start to my 22 JTRD.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing can "detect" or "see". All you can do is make the changes in settings and see if it goes.

Be careful what you read out there - a lot of speculating going on as to what is there or not there due to "shortages". "guessing".

As far as JSCAN or AlfaOBD - you can make changes and enable things that don't exist - because the code is there in all of them.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Nothing can "detect" or "see". All you can do is make the changes in settings and see if it goes.

Be careful what you read out there - a lot of speculating going on as to what is there or not there due to "shortages". "guessing".

As far as JSCAN or AlfaOBD - you can make changes and enable things that don't exist - because the code is there in all of them.
Thanks for that reply.
I just ordered a Start-X kit. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SYBJTVB/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reviews seem good.

On a side note, since you mention both any experience with Jscan vs AlfaOBD? Opinion on one vs the other?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Mopar sells a remote start kit for the Gladiator, at least for the gas version that has you replace the radio frequency module and add the antenna.

That tells me if yours did not come built with remote start, the wiring for the antenna is not there and the factory installed RFM can not just be switch on with Jscan or like tool.

Sponsored

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Did you install this. I'm looking at remote start for my 22 rubicon.. mopar says they only offer the kit for '20 models, and I don't trust a dealer. Thanks
Jeep Gladiator Can JScan detect if i have modules and antenna for remote start? Screenshot_20230120-140704_Twitter
Ya, I got it installed, super easy, just follow the instructions. Watch a couple YouTube videos, it really is that easy. The computer programming takes the longest.
You need a computer to program the module, but that's not hard. My son did it with the current Microsoft Edge, not "Internet Explore" like some of the videos say.
Works great, and will work from as far away as the key fob will lock the doors. I'd buy and install it again.
Sponsored