Can you add OEM AUX switches?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My concern with plugging in external programmers is the computer logs the entry, so when you go to the dealership they can see and say you modded the computer programming, which can be argued voids some part of the warranty. Now, will they win? Yah, probably, they have more money to throw at it and set an example than I do. They wouldn't even do work on my TPMS system not working because the sensors had different serial numbers from the ones the Jeep came with (I was running takeoffs from another JT)
Interesting cause I know the Tazer has a mode that you can basically wipe out everything you did and reset back to factory before you bring it in. Ah well just a chance to take. Don't know why the manufactures don't give people at least some access to be able to change things like Auto Start/Stop, Reset the TPMS levels, etc
Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
It has been my experience that charges for re-programming are mostly horse hockey. I started out in 1976 as an electronics tech for the USAF. Vacuum tube days. From there to Honeywell Delta 1000 and later, Apple computers in 1983. I have routinely reprogrammed my motorcycles' ecu with a lap top. Most programming is now automatic after a few keystrokes. It may take, say, 2 hours for the program to complete but the tech is some where else with another vehicle but still gets paid as though they are actually pressing yes or no for 2 hours. 4 vehicles later, the flat rate totals 8 hours for an hour or so of actual work and guess who pays and who laughs all the way to the bank. Wait until you see the bill for a proximity sensor calibration after a bumper replacement due to a minor parking lot kerfuffle. Perhaps some of ya'll already have.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
It has been my experience that charges for re-programming are mostly horse hockey
Mostly yes. BUT, to reprogram the wheels it is no longer a flash but a $100 access for the dealership to get the programming from FCA. So they charge $120. It USED to be a $100 flash, but now dealerships are having to pay FCA directly for access to their systems

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats kind of similar to what I had to deal with when I had the Aux switches installed they had to get some code or something from FCA in order to flash the Aux Switches. They were calling all over to try to get the necessary

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
So when you get the factory switch option, you get a battery and ignition wire in the cab (I think). Do you get these with a OEM install?

I am curious for other powered items like ham or cb where I don't really want to use an Aux switch for it, but want to be able to use it with the ignition off.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when you get the factory switch option, you get a battery and ignition wire in the cab (I think). Do you get these with a OEM install?

I am curious for other powered items like ham or cb where I don't really want to use an Aux switch for it, but want to be able to use it with the ignition off.
Wish I could answer that one for you but I don't know the whole process they did with the install at the dealership other than they had a hell of a time due to the firewall and some something they told me but I forgot

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Think I found my answer... the battery and ignition hot wires are only there if you have factory installed switches.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...nging-down-under-glove-box.33073/#post-536564
Yes, the hot wires are only included with factory installed AUX switches. Since a wire bundle needs pulled through the firewall when installing the AUX switches, pulling two additional wires with the bundle should not be that difficult. They just won't be neatly tied up in the factory bundle.

Reactions: BAT

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My harness had all 4 leads which stayed in the interior with the additional leads in the engine compartment. I did not test them after the install because my intent was to only use the engine compartment side for aux lighting. I had read multiple times the interior leads were not included if adding after the fact so I thought it was odd.....

I activated then with JSCAN and the Vgate adapter.

BTW, grease up the wiring bundle when going through the firewall. I had never done that but this time thought I would follow instructions lol and the bundle slid right through like nothing.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My harness had all 4 leads which stayed in the interior with the additional leads in the engine compartment. I did not test them after the install because my intent was to only use the engine compartment side for aux lighting. I had read multiple times the interior leads were not included if adding after the fact so I thought it was odd.....

BTW, grease up the wiring bundle when going through the firewall. I had never done that but this time thought I would follow instructions lol and the bundle slid right through like nothing.
When the AUX switches are factory installed, there are six wires on the inside instead of four. The two extra are the hot wires being discussed that can be separately run when the switches are installed later.

Sponsored

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
Yeah, I figure those battery/ignition leads would be helpful for things like radios that have their own switches.. or a dash cam tied to the ignition. no need to take up an Aux switch that way and can leave them for lights.

I plan on pulling through a couple extra wires to mirror the factory install.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Yeah, I figure those battery/ignition leads would be helpful for things like radios that have their own switches.. or a dash cam tied to the ignition. no need to take up an Aux switch that way and can leave them for lights.

I plan on pulling through a couple extra wires to mirror the factory install.
I don't know why anyone is making this a big deal, running a battery/ignition wire in the Gladiator is stupidly easy.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why anyone is making this a big deal, running a battery/ignition wire in the Gladiator is stupidly easy.
It's easy with the Auto transmission, since there's the clutch plug that can be drilled through. Getting through on the passenger side is not so easy. Having the factory installed AUX switches eliminates the need for many to even have to run wires through the firewall.

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
not trying to make a big deal, but I am not super
It's easy with the Auto transmission, since there's the clutch plug that can be drilled through. Getting through on the passenger side is not so easy. Having the factory installed AUX switches eliminates the need for many to even have to run wires through the firewall.
not to mention I am a complete noob and have no clue what I am doing... so trying to get all the information I can before I install.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
P

what Steps did it take to program using the JScan. I think I did it but it’s not showing up on the Uconnect.
Sponsored