Sponsored

Can you build a better Jeep and save money by starting with a Sport S?

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, no problem. If you start changing gearing to accommodate more then 33” tires you may have an issue unless the dealer does it. All original parts are under warrenty. All my mods are cosmetic and don’t affect warranty. I suppose they could charge changing the suspension by 2” lift voids warranty but they offer lifts. Never had any problems getting warranty work done. Never.
Sponsored

pic8526

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Sorry Summitsearchers, I walked on your thread... I told you I was a rookie. Here is my question I had (hopefully on my own conversation piece, not somebody else’s) ....

I’m new to the forum, just bought a Sport S with Max Tow. My rookie question is how much do you need to worry about voiding the warranty? I’m thinking to start with I want to get bigger tires to replace the sad Bridgestone Dueler AT tires it came with... very disappointing! I might want to add a lift also. I see a ton of modifications on different threads and it makes me wonder if everybody’s warranty stays in tact... any experience on this? Thanks.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well, Mopar sells a 2" lift, so anything greater has the possibility to void warranty

ClunkyJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Sorry Summitsearchers, I walked on your thread... I told you I was a rookie. Here is my question I had (hopefully on my own conversation piece, not somebody else’s) ....

I’m new to the forum, just bought a Sport S with Max Tow. My rookie question is how much do you need to worry about voiding the warranty? I’m thinking to start with I want to get bigger tires to replace the sad Bridgestone Dueler AT tires it came with... very disappointing! I might want to add a lift also. I see a ton of modifications on different threads and it makes me wonder if everybody’s warranty stays in tact... any experience on this? Thanks.
Anything you replace won’t be under warranty anymore. A dealership can always deny you if they want but some common sense applies too. If you have a 4” lift and try to get front driveshaft warrantied not gonna happen. If you have the same 4” lift and your radio goes out you should be fine. Also disconnect anything that plugs in before you bring it to the dealership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Not trying to be argumentative, but isn’t your comparison and analysis based on outliers with relation to the general population on this board?

You’re using unique market dynamics (Guam’s supply/demand) to justify to a larger group that isn’t dealing with remotely the same circumstances.

For you it seems the sport model was the right route and I don’t think one can argue that. For many commenting on this topic the margins are far smaller and paint an entirely different point of view.

Great videos and input all around though. What you discover is what makes a forum a useful tool and a good community.
Well said.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
I am on a budget and didn’t want a $50k plus Gladiator. I started building the S model and actually got it built fairly well at the $38-$42k range. Then I started building the Willy’s S and for me made the most sense. Call it the baby Rubicon if you will with many of the Rubicon parts. I got it built with the minimum options I want for $40k and can’t wait to get it next month.
Jeep Gladiator Can you build a better Jeep and save money by starting with a Sport S? 50B9C4FA-9AED-4E42-9D5D-1864C91F2EC8

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It's really not. I installed all the parts myself. I measured the axles and passed on the knowledge to others. Had custom stuff made. Built a community. Its more than just the comparing things.
Humble too

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Humble too
Ive heard that before. That's something people say that don't step up and hollar from the crowd. It's easy to be critical from the cheap seats.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive heard that before. That's something people say that don't step up and hollar from the crowd. It's easy to be critical from the cheap seats.
Well you aren’t shy are ya? Step up to what? This isn’t combat, you are taking about changing parts on a car. I have watched your videos and am a little surprised of your braggadocious posts here as you don’t come off that way on your channel. I get what you were saying, and the point you were making, it just came off to be as kind of elitist and pompous. I like your content, just don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. Just my $.02, and trust me I’m under no illusion it’s worth even that. Have a good day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Well you aren’t shy are ya? Step up to what? This isn’t combat, you are taking about changing parts on a car. I have watched your videos and am a little surprised of your braggadocious posts here as you don’t come off that way on your channel. I get what you were saying, and the point you were making, it just came off to be as kind of elitist and pompous. I like your content, just don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. Just my $.02, and trust me I’m under no illusion it’s worth even that. Have a good day.
Bama.
You start by being cynical calling me "humble," and then make a post like this? How am I supposed to react. You know how many people attack my videos and ideas everyday? It's pretty standard, everyone has an opinion. But on this one I am not sure what to think.

Never had someone compliment me and then go onto attack me in the same post.

Could it be you misjudged that one comment as pompous but lost the context of defending my sport s to a guy who has a rubicon?

I'm trying to lift people up and to enjoy building what they got. Some just want to tear others down. 🤷🏼‍♂️

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bama.
You start by being cynical calling me "humble," and then make a post like this? How am I supposed to react. You know how many people attack my videos and ideas everyday? It's pretty standard, everyone has an opinion. But on this one I am not sure what to think.

Never had someone compliment me and then go onto attack me in the same post.

Could it be you misjudged that one comment as pompous but lost the context of defending my sport s to a guy who has a rubicon?

I'm trying to lift people up and to enjoy building what they got. Some just want to tear others down. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I complimented and “attacked” in the same post because one statement doesn’t make a man, and everyone is capable of praise and criticism. Like I said, I like your content, it’s good, seems honest, and is to the point. I simply think saying - I built this, I did this, I built a community, you didn’t - sounds pompous and braggadocious. If that’s not how you meant it, great, it’s hard to see intent of speech online. If I’m off base, my bad, wouldn’t be the first mistake I ever made. However if the shoe fits? All in all just a random guys opinion.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I complimented and “attacked” in the same post because one statement doesn’t make a man, and everyone is capable of praise and criticism. Like I said, I like your content, it’s good, seems honest, and is to the point. I simply think saying - I built this, I did this, I built a community, you didn’t - sounds pompous and braggadocious. If that’s not how you meant it, great, it’s hard to see intent of speech online. If I’m off base, my bad, wouldn’t be the first mistake I ever made. However if the shoe fits? All in all just a random guys opinion.
Apologies, I can be a prig sometimes. It's definitely in my nature to get defensive. Hafa adai.
Brandon

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apologies, I can be a prig sometimes. It's definitely in my nature to get defensive. Hafa adai.
Brandon
No worries brother, me starting off with the cynical “humble” response is a valid criticism. I probably could have conveyed my point while being less of an ass lol.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
I am on a budget and didn’t want a $50k plus Gladiator. I started building the S model and actually got it built fairly well at the $38-$42k range. Then I started building the Willy’s S and for me made the most sense. Call it the baby Rubicon if you will with many of the Rubicon parts. I got it built with the minimum options I want for $40k and can’t wait to get it next month.
Jeep Gladiator Can you build a better Jeep and save money by starting with a Sport S? 50B9C4FA-9AED-4E42-9D5D-1864C91F2EC8
Kind of the same but with the Sport S Altitude. Where are you retired from bro?
Sponsored