First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
If my knee putting any pressure on the drivers door while going through some water comes in. I have not noticed any because of rain but do during the high pressure section of a car wash. I have had multiple vehicles with a sunroof that leaked worse especially if it was a panoramic sunroof.

I don't see near as much water as you have pictured when I go through a car wash though
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all. I do have some accessory wires coming through the cap mentioned above. I will try seal it.
What I did was pull the wire to where I wanted it to be when done, then pulled it back out a bit, doped sealer around the wire, then pulled it back into place. That way it was definitely sealed all the way around. When I installed the power steps, I did similar then used ->
Jeep Gladiator Car wash water leak 1685655140257

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
Like Al said -
It may be enough pressure directed at the right angle (or wrong angle!?) to displace and distort the rubber weatherstrip between door and door frame/opening.
Thatā€™s my exact assessment. It always happens in the exact same spot in the car wash when the sprayer is at a 45 degree angle spraying from the back of the vehicle towards the front. It completely pushes through the door seal.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Make sure you clean any leaves or debris from under the hood/windshield grill. Garbage there block the drain holes causing water to back up into the cab.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
This is for future Jeepers who might run across this thread in a search because they have a similar issue....

Hard top? Soft Top? Factory Top? Aftermarket Top?
Add-ons? Mods? Have you altered anything? Added anything? Removed or replaced wiring through the cowl area, firewall?
Relevant information.
Anything you have done where water could get in is relevant.

I'm just pointing out for future reference that post #1 is the place for it.

OP
OP
rezar1

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Why is this always in post 15 and not in post #1? šŸ˜‚
Because thatā€™s the last place I thought water from car wash would get in. I would understand if I was going through deep water but not sure how water from car wash jet would find its way inside the engine bay wall. Since so many people here most likely are running wires in through the same cap, I would expect to see more on this issue and searching didnā€™t get me any related results.
As I mentioned, I usually wash the truck myself using pressure washer and never had this issue.

skadax

First Name
Sumeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Because thatā€™s the last place I thought water from car wash would get in. I would understand if I was going through deep water but not sure how water from car wash jet would find its way inside the engine bay wall. Since so many people here most likely are running wires in through the same cap, I would expect to see more on this issue and searching didnā€™t get me any related results.
As I mentioned, I usually wash the truck myself using pressure washer and never had this issue.

I just installed the ZAutomotive trail camera this past weekend and ran the wires through this cap. Took it for a wash Monday and I have this same leak now as the OP. I donā€™t know how the water gets there but clearly it is. Will be placing some silicone to this soon.

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
Hard top. It was the car wash for me today however this was the first time. I drive the beach every weekend and then run it thru the gas station car wash on the ride home. Same gas station every time but today I felt the water spraying against my calves during the initial cycle of the wash. Although I am not happy I do feel a little better after reading this thread. Thanks to all who came before me! :)
Sponsored