Sponsored

Clayton 2.5 Overland plus installed today!

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I'm running the 3.5 version and the springs are stout. I got more like 5" rear, 4" front with bumpers and winch. I tow a 19' travel trailer without a load distribution hitch and it sits level.
Sponsored

WanderingTrail

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingtrail.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Grounds Maintenance Manager
Can someone get me a measurement from the stock bump stop pad to the bottom of the bump stop in the front and back? I want to compare it to the BDS 3" suspension that is on mine when I bought it. Claytons 2.5 looks much higher. I've run Clayton on all of my previous Jeeps.

Ron

Sponsored

Sempe-Fi Rubicon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR - 2018 BMW 430i
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator Clayton 2.5 Overland plus installed today! IMG_0987

Clayton Overland 2.5” with added 3/4” front spacer and the HD rear springs for eventual weight.
Looks great Matt.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
The kit will definitely take care of that, post some pictures afterward!
As requested :) here's some before and after pics. The Gladiator is driving at least as good as stock, and I'm loving everything so far including the Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks which - with the rest of the suspension - are yielding a very controlled and firm, yet very comfortable driving experience. Less body roll, less flopping back and forth and neck snapping than a stock Rubicon. I have not had the opportunity to get it off road yet, as I just got the Gladiator back yesterday, but I can report back after more offload experiences in the near furture.

The 2.5 Overland + kit netted me about 2-5/8 lift in the rear, and about 3" lift up front. With the 35" tire upgrade to Toyo Open Country AT3's in 35x11.50R17, that nets me an overall lift of 4-3/8 up front, and 4" in the rear. :) :). I did a before and after pic below.

Honestly, I was hoping for a little more lift up front to help with the rake, but I do have a steel Warn front bumper on, and a Warn winch, and I also added heavy Patriot Rock sliders at the same time, so there is that..... I think after things settle a bit, I'll probably end up putting a 3/4" spacer up front. But I am loving the Clayton package so far! Well done Clayton!!

Oh...I should note, that I ended up deciding to keep the stock rims to keep things tucked in with the thinner 11.5 tires. I will need to wait to see for sure when offload, but it looks like the tires will not rub on the lower control arms with the stock wheels, and 11.50's. It's RIGHT on the edge though. LOL

Pre Lift.jpg

Post Lift.jpg
Sponsored