Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the added weight of a Hemi up front. The 5.7 Hemi weighs 130 pounds more than the factory 3.6. Gotta take that into consideration.
As far as the rear, it’s hard to see 1” of difference in pictures.

Tires make a difference too, they’re all sized different. For example BFG’s run small!! 37” BFG’s are the same size as most other brands of 35’s.
Photos definitely make it difficult to tell lift kit size differences, especially when it's only an inch difference, and of course like you mentioned different tire sizes!
Sponsored

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Got my stuff a couple weeks ago... Haven't had the free time to install it yet. I was going to go for the Ride Right, but ended up getting the full 2.5 Overland Plus kit. Everything seems really beefy!!
nbeotbV.jpg

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Got my stuff a couple weeks ago... Haven't had the free time to install it yet. I was going to go for the Ride Right, but ended up getting the full 2.5 Overland Plus kit. Everything seems really beefy!!
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems nbeotbV
I have the ride right 2.5" with 3.5" front springs because of the added weight of the Diesel (with fox shocks). You will not be disappointed with the ride quality! Mine has been on for several months now and it rides better than my wife's suburban.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I have the ride right 2.5" with 3.5" front springs because of the added weight of the Diesel (with fox shocks). You will not be disappointed with the ride quality! Mine has been on for several months now and it rides better than my wife's suburban.
What shocks did you use?

Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Falcon did make us aware that the 3.5 - 4" shocks will allow for a bit too much travel in some scenarios, possibly allowing coils to unseat. This is something we are still looking into addressing, though it does not seem to cause any sort of issues during normal driving or off-road circumstances, just when the axles are fully drooped. We highly recommend a set of limiting straps as a super easy solution to this issue, and will make sure your coils stay where they need to be! Awesome build by the way! :like:
Are you seeing the same with the Fox shocks? My shop is saying I need to look into limiting straps cause my coils have become unseated twice (and I haven't even wheeled it yet).

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you seeing the same with the Fox shocks? My shop is saying I need to look into limiting straps cause my coils have become unseated twice (and I haven't even wheeled it yet).
Yes, Falcon is the only company that has contacted us about the issue, but it seems to be any shocks designed for over 3.5" of travel in the rear of the JT are causing the same issues. I know Falcon is currently working on a fix, but in the meantime limiting straps are a super easy and effective fix for all JT owners.

rballman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Rubi
Yes, Falcon is the only company that has contacted us about the issue, but it seems to be any shocks designed for over 3.5" of travel in the rear of the JT are causing the same issues. I know Falcon is currently working on a fix, but in the meantime limiting straps are a super easy and effective fix for all JT owners.
what length strap do you recommend for 3.5" lift?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
what length strap do you recommend for 3.5" lift?
There are many factors that will slightly change the length necessary for your vehicle. The best thing to do would be to flex the vehicle out and measure how much travel you get before the coils start to loosen up. Also, make sure the rear end links are cut down to the recommended length in our instructions, as these will also help to limit your suspensions travel when installed properly.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the 2.5" Overland Plus kit over the weekend - and the first test drive produced no clunks! I ended up with 2.5" lift in the back, and 3.25" in the front (which was surprising since I have the diesel/winch/bumper). I was previously bottoming out on pretty mild bumps in the front due to the lack of up travel...no more though!

Ride largely feels unchanged driving around the city (haven't tried highway yet). And the measurements were spot on for all the control arm/trackbar/SBEL lengths so thanks for that COR!

Ordering tires/wheels today...

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems DSC08805.PNG
Are these the same truck/tires?? The bottom pick looks like it has less tire gap. Must be my mind playing tricks on me. Also if you’ve got the tires on do share the new pics and what size tires/rims you went with!

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
Are these the same truck/tires?? The bottom pick looks like it has less tire gap. Must be my mind playing tricks on me. Also if you’ve got the tires on do share the new pics and what size tires/rims you went with!
Same tires and wheels.

New wheels and tires are 37x12.5 Nittos
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems mlhb00

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same tires and wheels.

New wheels and tires are 37x12.5 Nittos
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems mlhb00
But they were what looks like 33s right? I thought I could make out the Wildpeak A/T on it. I'm seriously considering the 2.5" Overland with my 35s so I'm trying to get an idea of what it will look like.

BW Montauk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, TRX
But they were what looks like 33s right? I thought I could make out the Wildpeak A/T on it. I'm seriously considering the 2.5" Overland with my 35s so I'm trying to get an idea of what it will look like.
This might help you. 2.5 Overland Plus on Method 703 0 offset with KO2 315/70/17. Top pic loaded down with gear and bottom pics empty.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems IMG_1876

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems 83CE4849-341F-4615-A518-EA3682E29A60

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems IMG_1600

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This might help you. 2.5 Overland Plus on Method 703 0 offset with 35s. Top pic loaded down with gear and bottom pic empty.

IMG_1876.jpeg

83CE4849-341F-4615-A518-EA3682E29A60.jpeg
FINALLY!!! I have looked all over the FB gladiator pages and even posted as such asking. All you get is a bunch of folks posting 4" lifts with 38s when I ask lol. There is def some wheel gap in the front but I do not think that looks bad at all. I also have the diesel and a steel mid-width bumper so I suspect the front will be a bit lower anyways.

I could totally rock that look, and once I jump to 37s I'll still be good to go. Man thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed to see, same 2.5 overland plus lift... and it's even the same color lol.

I plan to run the Falcon SP2 3.3s, which shocks are you using and how would you say the ride is on the road and highway compared to the stock ride?
Sponsored