lkosh

lkosh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Do both the cloth and leather seat packages come with the same leather wrapped steering wheel?
Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Best of both worlds; leather trimmed cloth seats šŸ˜

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Do both the cloth and leather seat packages come with the same leather wrapped steering wheel?

I think* so. The only option wheel is the heated that's part of the cold weather group (totally worth it). There are different trim on the wheels pending on the model. Mine are black.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)

The steering wheel is based on which version of the JT you get, not the seating material.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
If worried about leather holding up..... use Zaino leather conditioner. Will last forever and stay supple. Clean yearly with their leather cleaner and reapply conditioner.
I donā€™t think you can really condition the current leather used in car seats. It is essentially coated with a plastic type coating and impenetrable by anything, that is why it doesnā€™t stain when you spill something on it.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I donā€™t think you can really condition the current leather used in car seats. It is essentially coated with a plastic type coating and impenetrable by anything, that is why it doesnā€™t stain when you spill something on it.
I think that depends on the type of leather and maybe manufacturer? My nappa leather in my Cadezna stains (it's beige) and needs to be cleaned properly. You should only use water based products to condition/clean it and it should stay nice and soft. Don't use anything like armoraul or oil based anything on leathers, it clogs the pores and won't let it "breath". That's how it becomes dry and starts to crack and look bad.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Light seats show dirt easier.
That's true. But how much hassle it will require depends on how much dirt you are dealing with.

I currently keep a spray bottle of leather cleaner and a roll of paper towels in my wife's car with the light tan seats. Dirt wipes right up.

Once a year or so, I take some leather cleaner and a soft brush and scrub her seats down. It takes 20 minutes and they come out looking new. So its not a big deal for me.

In fact, with the "dirty" back section of the truck separate from the inside, I"m hoping for less dirt to end up inside.

Its all a trade off. I agonized over black or light grey for a couple of weeks. Black is the low risk choice. My 14 year old car has been used as a truck occasionally with its black leather and it still looks great. I can't remember the last time I wiped it down. .

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
...I had light tan seats in an Acura I had a few years ago the blue from jeans transferred to the leather and was difficult to remove.
I haven't had this issue with my tan leather seats in the JT or the tan leather seats I had in my Silverado and I wear jeans all the time. I think the execution of the leather seats has improved over the years. They used to be untreated aniline or semi-aniline leather, but now are corrected grain leather and treated with a clear coating. Some of the real higher end car companies still offer semi-aniline leather, but they are still coated for fading and staining.
I hatedā€¦. HATED the leather seats in my 2020 overland. I hated them so much I traded it in after only 4 months. They are hard, unsupportive (yes even worse than the cloth seats) and generally uncomfortable. They felt like the seats someone would put in a car if they were trying to prank you.
I find the seat to be firm, but not hard. Which I like. My only complaint is the lack of adjustment in pitch. I'm surprised you thought they were that hard. I don't find them any firmer than most other vehicles I've driven. In comparison what seats would you have preferred?

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
I've had plenty of 6 figure vehicles. I got the JT for the purpose of having a utility vehicle that I could just drive without worrying about every pothole or cramped parking space. I also wanted to relax in regards to the interior.

The JT will never be anything other than a tool for me. I like it that way. No complaints about the interior with cloth seats.

DJahn3

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR Ordered - 2015 JKUR
I got the Mopar/Katzkin leather and am super happy with it.

20211118_155343.jpg
Where these covers part of your order or did the dealer install them after delivery? The online configurator shows them but with white stitching.

Sponsored

HardCase

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
I had a ā€˜13 JKUR with cloth seats. They were fine and my son has it now and they are still holding up very well. My ā€˜21 Mojave has leather, and I like them very much. I didnā€™t order the vehicle, basically took one off the lot. I donā€™t know that Iā€™d pay $1700 or so extra for the leather (although I guess I did!) but Iā€™m actually happy to have it although the vehicle is only 6 months old.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where these covers part of your order or did the dealer install them after delivery? The online configurator shows them but with white stitching.
Red stitching (and arm rest) both denote Rubi.

DJahn3

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red stitching (and arm rest) both denote Rubi.
Hmmm... must be an oversight as jeep.com shows white for the seats and red elsewhere on a Rubicon (MY21 as they still haven't updated the site :() .
Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package 1638818462429

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm... must be an oversight as jeep.com shows white for the seats and red elsewhere on a Rubicon (MY21 as they still haven't updated the site :() .
1638818462429.png
I could be wrong, I don't have a rubi. But those back seats I'm almost 100% positive are rubis as there is an armrest in the middle seat.

Mojave maybe? They have orange accents other places...

DJahn3

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could be wrong, I don't have a rubi. But those back seats I'm almost 100% positive are rubis as there is an armrest in the middle seat.
I am not sure what I am getting after talking with the dealer... hopefully I will find out soon

This is what the site is showing for each:
Cloth
Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package 1638819952012

Leather (with Armrest)
Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package 1638819982701

Katskin Leather (No Armrest)
Jeep Gladiator Cloth Seats vs. Leather Seats Package 1638820085957
Sponsored