Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Nice setup! How are the 3.5’s currently mounted. Looks like are just set in there right now.
I had planned on using self tapping screws to install those, but they basically snapped down in place and are a perfect wedge fit! It actually takes a decent amount of effort to get them to pop back out. Anyhow, it's temporary until I get something fabbed up to mount them along with the tweets. I've whittled up a couple of mdf plates that will replace the factory grilles and will look similar to what I did in the sound bar with the vinyl wrap. Still working on integrating the tweeters into it with enough angle and adjustability that they can be optimized towards the drivers seat. Also trying to figure out a way to utilize the factory grille clips for installation of the plates so I don't have any exposed screw heads.
Sponsored

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
I had planned on using self tapping screws to install those, but they basically snapped down in place and are a perfect wedge fit! It actually takes a decent amount of effort to get them to pop back out. Anyhow, it's temporary until I get something fabbed up to mount them along with the tweets. I've whittled up a couple of mdf plates that will replace the factory grilles and will look similar to what I did in the sound bar with the vinyl wrap. Still working on integrating the tweeters into it with enough angle and adjustability that they can be optimized towards the drivers seat. Also trying to figure out a way to utilize the factory grille clips for installation of the plates so I don't have any exposed screw heads.
Keep us posted. I’m definitely interested in the outcome.

Steve Rollin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2017 LX570, 2015 MB wagon
Dude, clean, clean install. If I just drop my jeep by your house, what's your price to replicate? :fingerscrossed:

I have the 8.4 and upgraded sound, so hell, I'd go for you just replicating that sub install for me

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Fantastic work, I'd love to do something similar when the time comes

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Dash pods rebuild. Decided to try customizing the factory ones and it worked out fine. Fugly looking because I went overboard on trying to seal them up and then shot a quick coat of black over it. Reality is they are hidden behind the dash so you can't see them anyways. For anyone thinking of pulling your knee pods, its NOT as bad as it seems to be from some of the old write ups on the forums. You don't have to pull your entire dash apart to get these out/in so don't be intimidated by the thought of changing these. I can get into more detail if someone wants.
20210406_164606.jpg
20210406_221241.jpg
20210406_224323.jpg
20210407_123442.jpg
20210331_163129.jpg
20210414_175527.jpg

Still working on a more permanent dash solution for the mids and tweets. Will update once I complete, but for now the system is up and running and sounds killer!

Please do a write up on the Knee Panels. I am itching to upgrade those speakers but every write up shows a complete tear down of the jeep.

Sponsored

ckage83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
Radiology
How does it sound? I'm between these exact speakers and the Audison 6.5 for my setup.

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How does it sound? I'm between these exact speakers and the Audison 6.5 for my setup.
It sounds miles better than factory to me. Especially running down the road topless/doorless.

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Whitetrashmo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Pulper Operator
Did you bridge two channels for the subwoofer Texan?

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Really nice, well done!

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance i could get a copy of the cad file. It looks clean as hell. And perfect for what I need since I dont want to take out the underseat storage

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Man this sub set up is just sleek. Immnot sure why im obsessed

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
VERY nice install! I know audio isn't at the top of most people's list, but as a daily driver, it is definitely towards the top of mine.
Sponsored