First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Occupation
Sales Manager
Very nice install, good job. Gives me a few ideas for mine, thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Jowens79

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Technician
if you decide you want to build a twin 10" enclosure for behind the seat let me know.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
To the original post-er: I think the word "masterpiece" is not an exaggeration here. A question for you: I see the large-gauge red 12+ wire that you brought back to the amp. Were you able to connect the amp's 12v- to some sufficiently substantial ground connection point that was already behind the rear seat? Reason I ask is that I am planning my own version of an install with a couple of amps behind the rear seat, and life will definitely be easier if I only need to snake a single large-gauge + wire back to the amps. Thanks!

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
To the original post-er: I think the word "masterpiece" is not an exaggeration here. A question for you: I see the large-gauge red 12+ wire that you brought back to the amp. Were you able to connect the amp's 12v- to some sufficiently substantial ground connection point that was already behind the rear seat? Reason I ask is that I am planning my own version of an install with a couple of amps behind the rear seat, and life will definitely be easier if I only need to snake a single large-gauge + wire back to the amps. Thanks!
I used one of the factory jack mounting locations. Cleaned it up a bit with a small grinder and bolted my ground terminal to it. Seems to be sufficient this far.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I used one of the factory jack mounting locations. Cleaned it up a bit with a small grinder and bolted my ground terminal to it. Seems to be sufficient this far.
thanks!

Sponsored

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you kept your cad files? Even that littlw hideaway spot is a nice touch.

now that you have had it in for a few months how do you like it? What would you change if any thing.

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you kept your cad files? Even that littlw hideaway spot is a nice touch.

now that you have had it in for a few months how do you like it? What would you change if any thing.
I should still have my CAD files somewhere. I will see what I can find. For the most part I followed what I drew up, but getting all of the pockets and recesses in the back and bottom was a lot of trial and error. I didn't cut any of the factory threaded studs on the cab floor and rear wall off, but that would make fitment easier for sure.
Sound wise it does everything I was after. Sounds great and plays plenty loud even with the top and doors off.
I still haven't fabbed up any dash pods for the 3" mids and tweets, but maybe this fall I will get around to it. Also need to get my AudioControl bass level knob installed in my dash plate where I put my heated seat switches. Need to finish up that "hidden" compartment door install as well. I have an electronic lock for it, but still need to locate the right type of hinge to keep everything concealed. Details, details...
One thing I would change for sure is to use a more quality vinyl adhesive. The spray adhesive I used isn't worth a sh!t in our summer Texas heat. May recover the box at some point now that I have learned my lesson.

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Definitely the best design I have seen so far

vicsvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
What are the dimensions of the box? I want to build something similar....but I haven't found any good info on the space. Available behind the seats and the taper. I want a 8" that needs 0.5cuft (storage is important)

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Been finally working on getting my system in, very impressed with your sub/amp setup! It is so hard to find anyone going behind the seat, I need the under seat storage.

I have not torn into the rear yet, getting ready. Would you say there is room for a single 10" sub on one side and amps on the other? Did you go in the center to make room for the magnet on the Focal sub? I have a JL 10W3V2 that will fit in .62 cft sealed but need to fit 2 Xtant amps on the other side, A601 and 603. I was thinking of going fiberglass for the rear portion with 3/4 MDF for the face.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Awesome! When you put the Amp in, did you use resistors or the PAC solution? This setup is killer!

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been finally working on getting my system in, very impressed with your sub/amp setup! It is so hard to find anyone going behind the seat, I need the under seat storage.

I have not torn into the rear yet, getting ready. Would you say there is room for a single 10" sub on one side and amps on the other? Did you go in the center to make room for the magnet on the Focal sub? I have a JL 10W3V2 that will fit in .62 cft sealed but need to fit 2 Xtant amps on the other side, A601 and 603. I was thinking of going fiberglass for the rear portion with 3/4 MDF for the face.

Yep - I squeezed my sub in the area that had the deepest space available between junk on the back of the cab. Added a bump out to the back of my box to give me enough clearance around the magnet.
Jeep Gladiator Complete Focal Component Speaker Install with Custom Sub Box Behind Seat 20210218_151358
Jeep Gladiator Complete Focal Component Speaker Install with Custom Sub Box Behind Seat 20210217_203829
Jeep Gladiator Complete Focal Component Speaker Install with Custom Sub Box Behind Seat 20210320_093721

OP
OP
Texan

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Awesome, thank you! Might just do full MDF then. Thats something I know how to work with.

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
Resistors

Can you share the info for the resistors you used? Any pics of that part of the wiring?

Awesome job too man, looks very very good!
Sponsored