Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I had a VIAIR 400p before I went to an onboard ARB single.

Jeep Gladiator Compressor Help - Portable IMG_5442.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Compressor Help - Portable IMG_5234.JPG

The VIAIR had no issues on my 35's, aired up in about 2 minutes, but I had trouble reaching the driver side rear tire without setting the compressor down on the running engine, had to have my co-driver hold it so it wouldn't fall down because of the vibration/pulling on the coiled hose. Also, once I was done airing up, I realized that I couldn't store the compressor back under the rear seat because it was too hot, so I left it out in the open air to cool off.

I can vouch for VIAIR as a brand, if there was a mount that would have worked for me I would have kept mine. Hard mounts are the better option in my opinion.

Bobchadwickga

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Insurance
I bought the exact same setup after getting recommendations from here. I have not had an opportunity to put them to use yet.

OP
OP

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
I had a VIAIR 400p before I went to an onboard ARB single.

The VIAIR had no issues on my 35's, aired up in about 2 minutes, but I had trouble reaching the driver side rear tire without setting the compressor down on the running engine, had to have my co-driver hold it so it wouldn't fall down because of the vibration/pulling on the coiled hose. Also, once I was done airing up, I realized that I couldn't store the compressor back under the rear seat because it was too hot, so I left it out in the open air to cool off.

I can vouch for VIAIR as a brand, if there was a mount that would have worked for me I would have kept mine. Hard mounts are the better option in my opinion.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Noted on the onboard and I tend to agree with you.

I hadn't considered storing the compressor back after use and the temperature of it. That is really good to know.

I'll take a peak here at who we have in town that can install onboard compressors. Maybe I will scan the forum as well for an install/build thread!

Thank you again.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Noted on the onboard and I tend to agree with you.

I hadn't considered storing the compressor back after use and the temperature of it. That is really good to know.

I'll take a peak here at who we have in town that can install onboard compressors. Maybe I will scan the forum as well for an install/build thread!

Thank you again.
No problem.

@813 Fabrication & Design makes some mounts for both the ARB and VIAIR systems that can mount from any where from the engine bay, to the cab, to the bed, depending on what you want. I'm pretty sure they can help you out, they're the ones that made the bracket I have my ARB mounted to.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem.

@813 Fabrication & Design makes some mounts for both the ARB and VIAIR systems that can mount from any where from the engine bay, to the cab, to the bed, depending on what you want. I'm pretty sure they can help you out, they're the ones that made the bracket I have my ARB mounted to.
Thank you!

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition

Thank you again.
Hey! Yes, we have several option depending on where you want to mount and what compressor you want to go with. ViAir also has a new compressor that has a built-in manifold similar to the ARB so that it does not require a tank. Let me know what questions you have, I can for sure get you set up with what you need!
Jeremy

OP
OP

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey! Yes, we have several option depending on where you want to mount and what compressor you want to go with. ViAir also has a new compressor that has a built-in manifold similar to the ARB so that it does not require a tank. Let me know what questions you have, I can for sure get you set up with what you need!
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy.

Just finished an AMW build in Canada and this part slipped my mind. Has the 392 6.4l in it. Just trying to figure out the best place to mount the compressor. That ViAir unit does look nice. Needs to be able to fill 40s as well.

I was already looking at your under seat storage as well. Will it fit with the Armorlite flooring?

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
The Viair portables are super nice. Onboard air has always sounded nice to me but I don't have the patience to try to mount it up and move it between trucks depending on what I decide to wheel so for me, having a portable is more than good enough.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the Viair 400p out for delivery today. Excited to try it out. I didn't really want to mount a compressor onboard and use one of my aux switches.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Thanks Jeremy.

Just finished an AMW build in Canada and this part slipped my mind. Has the 392 6.4l in it. Just trying to figure out the best place to mount the compressor. That ViAir unit does look nice. Needs to be able to fill 40s as well.

I was already looking at your under seat storage as well. Will it fit with the Armorlite flooring?
Yes, it fits great with the Armorlite!

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
I have the 400P and it kicks ass. It doesn't really take that long to cool down, works fast and fits under the back seat of my JT (with the plastic cargo bins).

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
VIAIR portable here also. Love it! Small in the bag,simple to use. No issues. I like not having it installed on board in case we take our other vehicle out (FJ cruiser). Throw it in the back area. In fact I keep equipment in plastic bins. One offroad recovery, another tire kit, another tools and so on. Depending on that I am doing I can throw them between vehicles in a few seconds.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Viair 88P that I got on a Lightning Deal from Amazon in May of 2014 for $50. I got an adapter hose last year to go on the end to make it quicker to fill with. I use a Stanley Jump Box I got a few years ago from Sams Club to power it, and just drag it around the driveway when I check the tires on all the cars.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ASY23I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0873BRGJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.samsclub.com/p/1000-peak-battery-a-1000-peak-battery-a/prod20581005?xid=plp_product_1

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Comment moved to another thread.
Sponsored

Last edited: