First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Discada? Stove? Which brand? What do you use. Pics please. Ideas please.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I love my discada, but with the burner/stand it's too much bulk for me. I guess I would take it for a group, usually it's just me or me + 1. I never found a way to store the discada that I was content with. I recently picked up a Partner Stove single burner with lid and wind screens on it. The single burner is fine for 1-2 people, stores in it's rugged self, flame regulation is great, rebuild kit or replacement parts are available. Tough little unit for sure. The Partner single burner isn't a big seller infact it's not even on their web site, you'll have to call them and ask if they will build you one. I'm not a minimalist per se I just try to keep the weight and bulk down and have reliable crap. By the looks of the Partner Stove my grandchildren will be fighting over it after I've cooked my last trout. Check out Partner Stove they have several different configurations depending on what you need.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Old school Coleman propane 2 burner cook stove. I had it, it's reliable, it's easy to use, and it's not fragile.
I felt that the money for a one burner, high-tech, light-weight could be spent elsewhere. So we bough new cookware, new cot, camp table, etc. That way we are still saving some weight, space while upgrading what really needed to be.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Old school Coleman propane 2 burner cook stove. I had it, it's reliable, it's easy to use, and it's not fragile.
I felt that the money for a one burner, high-tech, light-weight could be spent elsewhere. So we bough new cookware, new cot, camp table, etc. That way we are still saving some weight, space while upgrading what really needed to be.
Those Coleman are the bench mark that all others are judged by no doubt. I had one for several years and gave it to my sister, she used it for years after that. Most discount big box stores have a few parts for them also, great way to go on a budget.

Sponsored

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Currently we use an old school Coleman 2 burner propane stove however, for space saving we're looking into a single dual fuel burner along with a camp chef stryker for boiling water.

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tough little unit.
IMG_20210321_124732460.jpg

Full hinge.
IMG_20210321_125033984.jpg

Knobs set in so you don't snap one off.
IMG_20210321_124740900.jpg

Regulator and hose stow inside.
IMG_20210321_124912676.jpg
IMG_20210321_124936785.jpg

Don't have a lot of time on it yet, but I really dig it so far. Flame adjustment is beautiful. Partner. Made in Idaho USA.

IMG_20210321_125023440.jpg

IMG_20210321_124750562.jpg
Nice....and compact. But we usually camp/overland with 6-8 people. What's that little thing cost?

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Partner Steel 3 burner with windscreen. I have a MASSIVE partner griddle for it too.

Jeep Gladiator Cooking while overlanding. tempImageFjdff
MASSIVE....perfect word that is a monster. And I see pancakes. My favorite for breakfast. Skiing huh....twin stick....snowboarder here.... knuckle dragger...lol.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Nice....and compact. But we usually camp/overland with 6-8 people. What's that little thing cost?
Don't remember the exact price, maybe I am blocking it out, I do remember crying like a little girl. It's over 2 Franklin's if I remember correctly. For 6-8 people you can't go wrong with that massive partner in the pic above or a discada, either way would be sweet!

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
If you have to ask the price ya can't afford it, HA!
They are crazy expensive but amazing, and over built, I bought a 22" two burner on sale from Aveturon for $373, reg price $433
The nine inch one burner is $250, and the 26" three burner is $453, probably can get sale prices, so I assume they are about $200 and $400. I have an awesome old school large frame coleman, and am going to sell it, as my plan is to make an overlanding kitchen slide with sink and stove, and the small size and propane made it the way to go for me, but there are cheaper options out there , but then again everything like stoves seems so expensive anymore. Pretty long lead time from Partner , about 7 weeks.

Last edited:

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Check out Camp Chef Mountaineer two burner aluminum stove, it is perhaps the closest competitor to Partner Steel stove, higher output burners and a lignitor button, for less. I really checked stoves out and all in all I went Partner. I also was looking for made in USA., which Mountainer is also.....Jack

Gobi1Kenobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland Gobiiiiiiii
Coleman 2 burner > Firedisc > Tembo Tusk Skottle

The burner is dual purpose in that it can act as a standalone for boiling water (for example) or placed underneath the skottle. The skottle is great for cooking for groups and is basically like having a cast iron pan on legs that you can put in a bag. Downfall is its pricetag

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
Tough little unit.
Jeep Gladiator Cooking while overlanding. tempImageFjdff

Don't have a lot of time on it yet, but I really dig it so far. Flame adjustment is beautiful. Partner. Made in Idaho USA.
Exact one I am looking at picking up. I looked at the Jetboil Basecamp but a lot of people complain they stop working and I only need something small, since it's just two of us. Curious, did you order direct or through their retail partners? I see that they are made to order, thinking it could be a faster turn-around if I tried ordering direct. Also, what size tank do you connect to yours?
Sponsored