briandmiles

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
I finally got an update yesterday and yes, they are going to do an entire engine swap. Now the question is how long is it going to take to get the engine to the dealer and then have the dealer swap it out?

Didn't post this before I went to the dealership so here is another update. A new motor, in it's entirety, has been ordered but they don't know how long it is going to take to arrive. Once it arrives at the dealer they have 24 hours to have it crated up and ready to ship back to Auburn Hills, MI. They made it sound as though the Gladiator would be ready for me 24 hours after they get the Crate Motor but that's clearly not the case. They need to get the old motor sent out. They can still take their sweet time to put the new one in and get it all working properly. At least it's progress.

BTW, they have moved it from the JEEP dealership (that I found out is practically brand new) to the main dealership for the rest of the service. The two individuals I've been working with there have been much better than the people I've been speaking with at the JEEP only location.

Brian
Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I would think they won't want to keep a bay tied up with an engineless truck for too long. Once they get the old one out, they'll be moving to get the new one in.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Once it arrives at the dealer they have 24 hours to have it crated up and ready to ship back to Auburn Hills, MI.
Sounds like they want it back for inspection as opposed to returning it for a core.

OP
OP
briandmiles

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
Sounds like they want it back for inspection as opposed to returning it for a core.
When I spoke to the service manager at the dealership, they said that they definitely wanted to look at this because it happened in a place that they've never seen before. I would definitely consider this a one-off manufacturing defect but I suspect they're going to try and find out if it's anything more.

Brian
Sponsored