Sponsored

Current opinion of the Bronco?

What do you think of the Bronco in person?

• Total voters

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Subaru's have frameless windows, but maybe better quality.
Ford has used frameless windows on other vehicles for years. Whoever their supplier is for window regulator motors will stay in business forever.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had placed a deposit on one, but with the delays I cancelled my order.

I'd avoid one like the plague for the first model year. Thanks to COVID supply chain issues, I'd probably avoid the next model year too. They were a clean sheet design, it is what it is.

Their interiors are 90s Fisher Price plastics. Look beyond the big fancy screen and you will notice how cheap the interior looks and feels.

I greatly prefer the D44s and I think Ford really should have went with solid axles front and rear. Ford's engineers could have easily figured out how to make it steer well on street, probably better than Jeep, thanks to the clean sheet design, versus reusing a lot of JK tech.

I'd trade my Gladiator in on a Bronco if they had a solid front axle and slightly better interior quality. I like the exterior design and the powertrain options.
You are spot on.

quality issues will be resolved.

Cheap feeling interior won't.

You can do rack and pinion with solid axles. That would help steering. But in all honesty, I think IFS was a smart choice. It will meet the needs of 95% of buyers who leave their trucks stock and never do anything that requires more articulation. And its actually better for people who play in the sand or on fire roads.

I'm going gladiator and canceling my Bronco reservation for several reasons.

1) I'm realizing that the bed is more important. I can't put my dog kennel in a bronco or wrangler. The cargo area is too small. I hunt and hike with him and is often filth, wet, and covered in ticks when we are done. He rides in back. Period. I like a clean interior.

Ironically it fits in my wife's Volvo XC70 wagon. ha. So much for utility. (The Volvo also tows more)

2) I don't want to wait until June at the earliest

3) Ultra solid resale value of Gladiator means that if I want to try a bronco in 3 or 4 years I won't get killed. I normally keep my car for 8-10 years.

4) I'm realizing that build quality issues are worse than standard 1st year issues. This was a clean sheet design on a new platform, next gen Ranger, and Ford is clearly still figuring a lot of stuff out. Including how to actually build it.

5) I'm used to European cars and Fiat parts sourcing means that the interior switches and bits feel much better than Ford stuff.

6) Nicer interior. The materials feel better. Rear air vents, nicer center rear arm rest. My kids are early teenagers and still think their parents are awesome. We are strict but spend the time to do great, fun stuff with them. This will be a family fun vehicle. I actually want them to be able to enjoy themselves back there.

Working against the Gladiator were the following
1) no engine choices - A $4000 diesel with less power and higher upkeep costs that pretty much negate the fuel savings isn't a real choice for me.

2) FIAT - Fix it again Tony - Though I worry about the same thing with a Ford. (found on road dead)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Because a lot of us want, but don't need a pickup.

Lets face it, both the Wrangler and the Brocon are all about wants and not needs. There isn't any really rational reason to own any of these vehicles.

If you need a pickup, something like a Canyon or Ranger is a more rational choice.

So again, wants, not needs.
Why would you say the Canyon or Ranger is more rational? All three have a bed and four wheel drive and seating for five.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
A lot of people pointed out the frameless windows being an issue- for those that don’t know, the window rolls down a bit when opened then back up once closed.

How many thousands of times are the doors of a vehicle opened and closed in its lifetime? The windows will 100% be an issue. Multiply by 2 if you go with a 4 door.
Bad, bad, bad design.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
A lot of people pointed out the frameless windows being an issue- for those that don’t know, the window rolls down a bit when opened then back up once closed.

How many thousands of times are the doors of a vehicle opened and closed in its lifetime? The windows will 100% be an issue. Multiply by 2 if you go with a 4 door.
Bad, bad, bad design.
Stellantis does it too. The Challenger for example.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I thought they were cool when I first saw them, loved the old school look and thought they nailed the design. I reserved one for my wife 14 months ago and that’s been an absolute disaster, we’re not even sure if 2023 will happen. They look really nice in person but pathetic on anything below 33’s (badlands, wildtrak, Sasquatch), I think the same of Jeeps though. Sasquatch looks great in person, drives great, comfortable, feels roomy inside, good turning radius, soft top looks horrible. I drove it about 40mph on a dirt road and it soaked up the bumps, they’re going to be very popular. I blame the Bronco for getting me hyped on 4X4’s again, without it I’d still own a Challenger. With the current issues I hate Ford and everything they’ve done with this launch and everyday I try and convince my wife to move on because I don’t want to give them my money.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I saw one on the road the other day but I think it was one of the smaller sport models they released. It kind of looked like a small flex or other type of smaller SUV you seeing many release now

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Because a lot of us want, but don't need a pickup.

Lets face it, both the Wrangler and the Brocon are all about wants and not needs. There isn't any really rational reason to own any of these vehicles.

If you need a pickup, something like a Canyon or Ranger is a more rational choice.

So again, wants, not needs.
Ok. I understand people but things because of their wants or needs. But how does comparing an SUV to a truck jeep you decide?

It's either you want a truck or an SUV. Once you make that decision, then you can decide the manufacturer. But comparing the Bronco to the gladiator is apples to oranges. It would make more sense to compare it to the Wrangler over in the JL forum. Which I'm sure is being done as well.

But again, comparing these two with everything different? Makes no sense.

And a canyon or a ranger is a more rational choice over what? The gladiator?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
It's because they are all close in price.

There is probably a dude out there somewhere comparing a Gladiator to a $50k Vette trying to decide which one to buy.
Well, even though they're two different vehicles, you're right. Just because it doesn't make sense, doesn't mean people are going to stop doing it. People conduct nonsense on a daily basis.

So you're right. Lol

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I saw one on the road the other day but I think it was one of the smaller sport models they released. It kind of looked like a small flex or other type of smaller SUV you seeing many release now
That's the Bronco sport.
Ok. I understand people but things because of their wants or needs. But how does comparing an SUV to a truck jeep you decide?

It's either you want a truck or an SUV. Once you make that decision, then you can decide the manufacturer. But comparing the Bronco to the gladiator is apples to oranges. It would make more sense to compare it to the Wrangler over in the JL forum. Which I'm sure is being done as well.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bronco-vs-jeep-wrangler-mega-thread.54209/

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Same as Rivian, I just can't warm up to that fem, anime looking grille/front end đź‘Ž. Aftermarket is going to make a lot of money there.....

sloowhand

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Overland
Nice to at least give Jeep executives someone in the rearview mirror, perhaps this will lead to more attention to QC, pricing, etc. Perhaps.

The Bronco styling for me looks too similar to the Flex. Get the guys who did the last T-Bird to give it a try...

Ghosts40

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladitor Sport
Occupation
Construction Manager
Pretty cool but ill stick with jeep all day!
Sponsored