m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sub’d. Thanks for sharing. Considering a DIY solution and looking for ideas.
#JTRSPARTACUS

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread but I just finished my DIY setup. I’ll do a build YouTube video on it soon.

03E1DBFB-C3CD-4D7A-835A-7183CB049BB7.jpeg

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
Old thread but I just finished my DIY setup. I’ll do a build YouTube video on it soon.
Happen to have a parts list? Looks good BTW..

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Happen to have a parts list? Looks good BTW..
Sure
I used Vevor 500lb slides. I had a coupon. It was about $100 delivered. I got one locking and one free moving. https://m.vevor.com/drawer-slide-c_...l-bearing-full-extension-500lb-p_010873950531

I got aluminum from Fastmetals and also had a coupon. It was about $300 delivered
Two (2)- 3/8" X 4" FLATx 4’ (cross braces)
One (1) - 3" X 3" X 3/8" ANGLE x 4’ ( front of tray - at the cab)
Two (2) - 3" X 3" X 3/8" x 5’ (sides of the tray)
Two (2) - 4" X 4" X 3/8" ANGLE x 2’ (brackets to support the slides past the wheel well)
I cut the aluminum with my compound miter saw and hood wood blade.

I got a Rough Country rivnut kit from Amazon. I had a gift card but it costs $50

The deck is 3/4” plywood sheathing from Lowes. It was $35

the carpet is from Lowes. Can’t remember how much but I remember it being pretty cheap.

I used misc bolts and screws. After a lot of trial and error I found that 1/4” x 1” machine screws would work with countersunk heads in some of the tight spots in the side with the lock/latch. The rest have 1/4” x 1” grade 5 bolts and nuts.
The tray connection to the slides has 24 bolts/screws. 12 on each side. The slides are attached to the truck with 1/4” machine screws and rivnuts it in the wheel wells I went through and Put a nut on them. The deck is held down with 6 - 3/8” x 2” carriage bolts and nuts.
I’ll try to pull a video together on my YouTube but I’m too busy right now getting ready to go to Yellowstone in 12 days!!!
PM if you decide to go this route. I have some lessons and ideas.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure
I used Vevor 500lb slides. I had a coupon. It was about $100 delivered. I got one locking and one free moving. https://m.vevor.com/drawer-slide-c_...l-bearing-full-extension-500lb-p_010873950531

I got aluminum from Fastmetals and also had a coupon. It was about $300 delivered
Two (2) - 4" X 4" X 3/8" ANGLE x 2’ (brackets to support the slides past the wheel well)

I got a Rough Country rivnut kit from Amazon. I had a gift card but it costs $50

the carpet is from Lowes. Can’t remember how much but I remember it being pretty cheap.

I used misc bolts and screws. After a lot of trial and error I found that 1/4” x 1” machine screws would work with countersunk heads in some of the tight spots in the side with the lock/latch. The rest have 1/4” x 1” grade 5 bolts and nuts.
The tray connection to the slides has 24 bolts/screws. 12 on each side. The slides are attached to the truck with 1/4” machine screws and rivnuts it in the wheel wells I went through and Put a nut on them. The deck is held down with 6 - 3/8” x 2” carriage bolts and nuts.
I’ll try to pull a video together on my YouTube but I’m too busy right now getting ready to go to Yellowstone in 12 days!!!
by the way you could do this with steel a lot cheaper but it will be about 3 times as heavy.

Last edited:

1is2many

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon diesel
Occupation
Construction Planning Supervisor
Sure

thank you!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Quick video of trial load for Yellowstone trip.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JT850

JT850

First Name
Derp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2006 TJ Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
spend money I dont have on my jeep

Jeep Gladiator Custom Bed Slide (Bed Drawer?) by Slide Master 03E1DBFB-C3CD-4D7A-835A-7183CB049BB7
looks awesome man. I'm not quite as handy as you! haha
Sponsored