OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
In all practicality, would you really go rock crawling in a battery operated vehicle? Aren't the battery packs in the exact place you would occasionally be dragging the bottom of the truck? Sure you could armor up and plate the bottom but at what additional weight? I am going to assume that damaging the battery pack is game over and at what environmental cost? I'm not talking about a few gallons of oil and fuel because we are now dealing with caustic chemicals and fires that cannot be put out. Some of the most recent guidance on EV fires is to "just let them burn". If you would like to look like the Man Who Fell to Earth at the grocery store or the mall then fine but it's not ready for any real off road consideration is it?
Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I like the look (except the wheels), but would never buy a Tesla. I don't trust Elon Musk to not implode the company on some "eccentric" whim, thus leaving a vehicle with no support 3 years from now.
To be fair, most stock wheels on any vehicle are fugly! hahahaha

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
In all practicality, would you really go rock crawling in a battery operated vehicle? Aren't the battery packs in the exact place you would occasionally be dragging the bottom of the truck? Sure you could armor up and plate the bottom but at what additional weight? I am going to assume that damaging the battery pack is game over and at what environmental cost? I'm not talking about a few gallons of oil and fuel because we are now dealing with caustic chemicals and fires that cannot be put out. Some of the most recent guidance on EV fires is to "just let them burn". If you would like to look like the Man Who Fell to Earth at the grocery store or the mall then fine but it's not ready for any real off road consideration is it?
If dragging your belly was a concern you wouldn't do it in ice either since your oil pan, transmission, transfer case, gas tank are all as low or lower than the batteries and would also be game over if they get trashed on the trail. EVs already have heavily armored batteries so it's not really an issue or worry.

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
The trails are full of eMTB and eMoto riders. No one has punctured a battery pack and started a forest fire yet. Lots of fires started by hot exhaust or lack of spark arrester though.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
While I’m not a fan of the CT design, I am a Tesla fan having just bought a Model Y. While EV’s are certainly not for everyone they can be an attractive option for many. Personally I’m tired of every pick up or SUV looking like all the rest. That’s part of the reason I bought my JTR.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I think it kind of looks like the old Pontiac Aztek, but even uglier. I guess I’m stuck mentally with traditional truck styling.
Sorry but there’s absolutely no way anything can be uglier than the Aztek. Still blame the Aztek for bringing down what was a decent car company in Pontiac at one time.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
That shit looks so stupid. Just like Taylor Swifts music, I refuse to believe anyone over the age of 12 likes it.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I am not really in the market for an EV, but this looks more interesting to me than the CT:

1700051152338.png
Yeah, I watched a YT video on this vehicle and it would certainly be the direction I would go for an EV truck. They really thought through it's adaptability to make a "mid-size" truck footprint perform like a "full-size" truck. It's only being offered in RWD or AWD so I'm not sure how offroad worthy it will actually be, but I could certainly get behind their design.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Can’t wait to see the videos of bootlickers, edge lords and fan bois destroying their new Panelgapatron 5000 on the trails but I’m not looking forward to the inevitable damaged battery and resulting forever fire that ruins the trail/forest for the rest of us.

OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More images of the cyber truck in the wild.
Jeep Gladiator Cybertruck 4x4 TeslaTow1(1)

Jeep Gladiator Cybertruck 4x4 TeslaTow(1)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
More images of the cyber truck in the wild.

Reminds me of a few years ago that people were seeing their first Tesla cars more on the back of a tow truck than driving down the road.

OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The accompanying article claimed the truck had been towed because of a parking violation but I couldn't verify so I only posted the photos.

I started this turd of a thread with Cyber Truck 4x4 and now I would like to introduce Tesla Cyber Truck Urban(?).
Sponsored