Sponsored

Cybertruck 4x4

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mojave X
Another problem is going to be the weight. They weigh around 10k lbs.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
There's 8-10 in that exact area, and they are no more than 60 miles apart. The entire mojave road from end to end (and there are charging stations in Barstow and Needles) is only 100 miles. We've run it multiple times and I don't carry extra fuel. Are there a few trips where you might exceed 200 miles in a long weekend wheeling? Sure, but it's far more uncommon than people think.
Screenshot_20231114_135312_Maps.jpg
Ok. You win. Iā€™m an idiot. You do you

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I not sure why some people hate it so much. It almost seems personal. I have a deposit on one since 2019 lol. It was something new and different. I've since changed my mind about it and placed a deposit for a 2024 gx550. It has lost its luster and novelty over the last couple of years.

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
I not sure why some people hate it so much. It almost seems personal. I have a deposit on one since 2019 lol. It was something new and different. I've since changed my mind about it and placed a deposit for a 2024 gx550. It has lost its luster and novelty over the last couple of years.
Because 90% of truck culture in the US is telling other truck owners they don't have a "real truck" šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Ok. You win. Iā€™m an idiot. You do you
No interest in a cyber truck, but I am looking forward to the EV wrangler. If it's anything like the magneto 2.0 or 3.0 concepts I'm in. 100% torque at any rpms, absolute finite control of the throttle, 900+ftlbs, and solid axles. There isn't a better crawling powertrain ever devised. If it's done correctly it will be amazing. If they stick to the stellantis ev platform design and it's 4 wheel independent suspension with no travel I'm out. 300+ road miles will be plenty but I am hoping for 400+ like the large battery rivians. If they place all the batteries between the frame rails it will likely have a lower cog than the ice wrangler too. The tech is there to make it amazing but I'm not holding my breath that they'll build it the way I would.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
No interest in a cyber truck, but I am looking forward to the EV wrangler. If it's anything like the magneto 2.0 or 3.0 concepts I'm in. 100% torque at any rpms, absolute finite control of the throttle, 900+ftlbs, and solid axles. There isn't a better crawling powertrain ever devised. If it's done correctly it will be amazing. If they stick to the stellantis ev platform design and it's 4 wheel independent suspension with no travel I'm out. 300+ road miles will be plenty but I am hoping for 400+ like the large battery rivians. If they place all the batteries between the frame rails it will likely have a lower cog than the ice wrangler too. The tech is there to make it amazing but I'm not holding my breath that they'll build it the way I would.
Sorry for my stupid reply and thanks for not biting my head off LOL. Busy day at work.
EV is definitely cool but range anxiety is not something I wish to deal with at this time. My last run to the AZ strip was over 300 miles with no gas or groceries, so extra fuel is a necessity. I would rather carry more gas than have to search for a charge station just to find out itā€™s out of order. :headbang:

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Because in the last few years a certain subset of the population has been deeply triggered and offended by Elon and by association, hate the Cybertruck and even Tesla. Keep in mind these are the same people cramming EVs and Tesla down your throat 3+ years ago.

For the record I have a reservation as well simply because the capabilities are insane. Not sure Iā€™ll pull the trigger I love my Gladiator.

Cheers

whysoserious

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2006 Rubicon
Occupation
Professional former employee
They did, it's called the EcoDiesel šŸ‘
Is this the same Jeep EcoDiesel that runs off of runs off of shredded HPFP internals?

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Former oil burner here, x3.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Because in the last few years a certain subset of the population has been deeply triggered and offended by Elon and by association, hate the Cybertruck and even Tesla. Keep in mind these are the same people cramming EVs and Tesla down your throat 3+ years ago.

For the record I have a reservation as well simply because the capabilities are insane. Not sure Iā€™ll pull the trigger I love my Gladiator.

Cheers
I love Elon, my Model 3, and hate the Cybertruck. Now what? lol

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

Cheers
That have not been my experience. I see more hate stuff against Tesla and pretty much all EVs in general from Jeepers and truck people. I think that's pretty funny considering most people don't take their trucks/jeeps offroading. Most are using it as a daily commuter, which an EV would be more suited.
I'm planning to keep the Gladiator for as long as I can. I'm hoping for 200k before I need some expensive repairs. Ok, maybe 150k miles. Anyways, it will be nice to have Toyota/Lexus back into the family again along with the Jeep.

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
I think it kind of looks like the old Pontiac Aztek, but even uglier. I guess Iā€™m stuck mentally with traditional truck styling.

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
I'm waiting for them to make my Jeep go 300 miles on or off road... I'm lucky if I break 250 out of a tank on road.
You should have gotten a diesel. I get at a minimum of 500.