First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Your totally in the right by not going to that dealer. In my opinion people need to fire their dealer WAY more often. And thats coming from a dealer tech.
I do say go to the next closest dealer because honestly its probably nothing but a mis-attached fender liner
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
If it's rubbing it should be leaving marks. Almost kicking myself for this, but how about two more pictures?
1. Side view of the entire truck
2. Where it's rubbing

I'll be up all night over this if it doesn't get answered. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Assuming, and that's leap of faith at this point, that everything we're told so far is true, @JeepCares should certainly take an interest in this case at face value so far.
I can't imagine them being OK with this level of incompetence from a dealer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobglad22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Manager
If it's rubbing it should be leaving marks. Almost kicking myself for this, but how about two more pictures?
1. Side view of the entire truck
2. Where it's rubbing

I'll be up all night over this if it doesn't get answered. šŸ˜‚
2480649C-4186-4296-A703-A3322F52FDE4.jpeg

DFBBE0D3-83B4-4647-8BF8-0F6A7B7062CE.jpeg

Wmkresse

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So if it is a stock, new Rubicon you purchased, I would check the sticker on the inside of the door. That yellow and white sticker will show the stock tire size. Take it back to the same dealer, have them hop in for a ride along to demonstrate the issue you are having. It is very easy for a dealer to say, ā€œnot our problem,ā€ unless you force them to fix it and do the work. You can also turn at full lock and crawl up under the vehicle to see what is touching. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a fender liner or something relatively minor. On the off chance there was an incorrect part installed, it should be a dealer problem.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
It could be something so simple as your steering limit stops weren't setup correctly.
Do both sides rub or just the passenger side?

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Also check your tire pressures. Some dealers blow them up to about 40 psi. The recommended on the door placard is 37, but the consensus is that 33-35 is better for the stock Falkens.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobglad22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Manager
It could be something so simple as your steering limit stops weren't setup correctly.
Do both sides rub or just the passenger side?
Both sides rub at full lock or encountering bumps while turning

OP
OP

Bobglad22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
IT Manager
So if it is a stock, new Rubicon you purchased, I would check the sticker on the inside of the door. That yellow and white sticker will show the stock tire size. Take it back to the same dealer, have them hop in for a ride along to demonstrate the issue you are having. It is very easy for a dealer to say, ā€œnot our problem,ā€ unless you force them to fix it and do the work. You can also turn at full lock and crawl up under the vehicle to see what is touching. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a fender liner or something relatively minor. On the off chance there was an incorrect part installed, it should be a dealer problem.
I agree, and thatā€™s what I was trying to do the first time, but was turned away. It definitely could be something minor, and in fact, appears this way. I was just being Uber careful having only 200 miles on it at the time to let the professionals check for anything sinister. They just discounted me full send and sent me packing for having aftermarket tires. Lol. Whatever. I appreciate everyoneā€™s comments. Iā€™ll trim the small piece of liner and that should fix it. If it doesnā€™t Iā€™ll be heading to another dealer to have it checked for more.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Hard to tell from pictures exactly, but comparing the picture and lunen's example, indeed just looks like the liner is slightly bent, push that bad boy in with a slight bend, and should be good. Honestly that's what I would do as a Tech. There was a TSB on Ram's where that was the exact fix for the same issue.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I hate - having to play 20 questions and extract information that should have been included in the first place. Year, model, etc.
And if you say "I have a window leak" leaving out the fact it's a soft top is just plain lame.
You don't tell the doctor "I hurt" - you don't even say "my arm hurts" - you specify where it hurts and under what conditions.

And there are those "my car won't turn over" when the whole time they mean "it won't START but it cranks fine". People spend all sorts of time trying to diagnose a battery, starter or charging system problem when the whole time it was out of gas but cranked fine.
Iā€™m one of those ā€œHey Doc, It really hurts when I do this!ā€ Doc says, ā€œThen you probably shouldnā€™t do that!ā€ Yep šŸ‘ Iā€™m that guy.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
I agree, and thatā€™s what I was trying to do the first time, but was turned away. It definitely could be something minor, and in fact, appears this way. I was just being Uber careful having only 200 miles on it at the time to let the professionals check for anything sinister. They just discounted me full send and sent me packing for having aftermarket tires. Lol. Whatever. I appreciate everyoneā€™s comments. Iā€™ll trim the small piece of liner and that should fix it. If it doesnā€™t Iā€™ll be heading to another dealer to have it checked for more.
I wouldn't trim anything. That dealer is a disaster.
Sponsored